Back to Amazon.com

pomodesign


quality posts: 4 Private Messages pomodesign

I have an email account I use exclusively on Woot, and for the last week, I've been getting junk mail, spam, and phishing attempts. Makes me wonder if Woot's email list was hacked or sold. Several have been Amazon phishing emails (meaning not really from Amazon, maybe from the Amazon?)
Anyone else experiencing this?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pomodesign wrote:I have an email account I use exclusively on Woot, and for the last week, I've been getting junk mail, spam, and phishing attempts. Makes me wonder if Woot's email list was hacked or sold. Several have been Amazon phishing emails (meaning not really from Amazon, maybe from the Amazon?)
Anyone else experiencing this?


I haven't heard of anything but I'll pass this on.

Many spammers will hit all possible combinations of letters/numbers at a domain. Those that don't bounce are winners.

Update: Yeah, no breach on our end. We take data security very seriously. We never sell our mailing lists.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

notappearinginthisfilm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages notappearinginthisfilm

It would also be really cool if you guys would effing quit re-adding my email address to your mailing list after I have repeatedly unsubscribed!

therealjrn


quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
notappearinginthisfilm wrote:It would also be really cool if you guys would effing quit re-adding my email address to your mailing list after I have repeatedly unsubscribed!


yes ma'am.

Please enter your email down below.

________

We'll be sure to not bother you.

manlapig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

notappearinginthisfilm wrote:It would also be really cool if you guys would effing quit re-adding my email address to your mailing list after I have repeatedly unsubscribed!



hey there, looks like you're unsubscribed from our end. If you recently did it, it may take a couple days for it to go into effect. If you are still receiving emails by Monday, please reach out to our CS team using the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

gclef


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gclef
manlapig wrote:hey there, looks like you're unsubscribed from our end. If you recently did it, it may take a couple days for it to go into effect. If you are still receiving emails by Monday, please reach out to our CS team using the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.



I'm in the same situation. I have unsubscribed multiple times over the past several weeks, and am still getting marketing emails (most recently today). Please don't make me blacklist you.

bestsportnascar


quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
manlapig wrote:hey there, looks like you're unsubscribed from our end. If you recently did it, it may take a couple days for it to go into effect. If you are still receiving emails by Monday, please reach out to our CS team using the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.



I've unsubscribed several times since linking my amazon account, but I keep getting the shirt emails about once a week.

I even tried subscribing and unsubscribing again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jthebird1977


quality posts: 37 Private Messages jthebird1977
gclef wrote:I'm in the same situation. I have unsubscribed multiple times over the past several weeks, and am still getting marketing emails (most recently today). Please don't make me blacklist you.



curious, what harm would blacklisting be? after all, you don't want the emails anyway?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

notappearinginthisfilm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages notappearinginthisfilm

Hilariously, I got no email notifying me of a reply to my post here; I just came to visit again after receiving more marketing email. I sent a customer support request with the dates. If this continues without satisfactory response/support I'll be reporting this to Amazon, who seems to be your email host.

notappearinginthisfilm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages notappearinginthisfilm
jthebird1977 wrote:curious, what harm would blacklisting be? after all, you don't want the emails anyway?



I assume Woot ever wants people to buy stuff from them again. Blacklisting their email address means I wouldn't even be able to get order status emails. It's in their interest to fix their obviously malfunctioning subscription system.

bestsportnascar


quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
notappearinginthisfilm wrote:I assume Woot ever wants people to buy stuff from them again. Blacklisting their email address means I wouldn't even be able to get order status emails. It's in their interest to fix their obviously malfunctioning subscription system.



I'm curious if you linked your amazon account recently. That is when the emails started for me and I have been unable to stop them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Let me look into this.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe


quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe
notappearinginthisfilm wrote:I assume Woot ever wants people to buy stuff from them again. Blacklisting their email address means I wouldn't even be able to get order status emails. It's in their interest to fix their obviously malfunctioning subscription system.



I mean... You could still buy stuff without receiving order status emails.

(Speaking from first game experience.)

There is what to learn from the potato.

notappearinginthisfilm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages notappearinginthisfilm

I did link my Amazon account, however I believe that was *because* I had already started receiving marketing emails again, came to the site to unsubscribe, didn't have my Woot credentials, and was given the option to link accounts. So even if the "can't unsubscribe" problem is limited to linked accounts, the "Woot keeps re-adding unwilling recipients to marketing lists" problem is not.

bestsportnascar


quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
notappearinginthisfilm wrote:I did link my Amazon account, however I believe that was *because* I had already started receiving marketing emails again, came to the site to unsubscribe, didn't have my Woot credentials, and was given the option to link accounts. So even if the "can't unsubscribe" problem is limited to linked accounts, the "Woot keeps re-adding unwilling recipients to marketing lists" problem is not.



Ok. So it may not be the linked accounts thing, but something else. Hopefully TT finds something to help us.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

notappearinginthisfilm wrote:I did link my Amazon account, however I believe that was *because* I had already started receiving marketing emails again, came to the site to unsubscribe, didn't have my Woot credentials, and was given the option to link accounts. So even if the "can't unsubscribe" problem is limited to linked accounts, the "Woot keeps re-adding unwilling recipients to marketing lists" problem is not.


Looks like an oops on our end. We're working on it and won't send newsletters until it's resolved.

Thank you for letting us know.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items