pomodesign

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pomodesign

I have an email account I use exclusively on Woot, and for the last week, I've been getting junk mail, spam, and phishing attempts. Makes me wonder if Woot's email list was hacked or sold. Several have been Amazon phishing emails (meaning not really from Amazon, maybe from the Amazon?)
Anyone else experiencing this?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pomodesign wrote:I have an email account I use exclusively on Woot, and for the last week, I've been getting junk mail, spam, and phishing attempts. Makes me wonder if Woot's email list was hacked or sold. Several have been Amazon phishing emails (meaning not really from Amazon, maybe from the Amazon?)
Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't heard of anything but I'll pass this on.

Many spammers will hit all possible combinations of letters/numbers at a domain. Those that don't bounce are winners.

Update: Yeah, no breach on our end. We take data security very seriously. We never sell our mailing lists.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items