Top 14% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Onkyo 7.2Ch A/V Receiver - Your Choice
Price: $399.99 - 569.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Nov 10 to Monday, Nov 13) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

bhcompy

quality posts: 25 Private Messages bhcompy

I have the TX-RZ810. I think it's a fantastic modern receiver. Honestly, the only thing that disappoints me is the Zone 3 is RCA rather than speaker wire, but that's an easy enough fix with an adapter.

Anyways, you can control it with an app(for any zone), it's got Chromecast for audio(not video) built in, it has built in support for Pandora, Spotify, Airplay, DLNA, etc.

I've been happy with it and would buy it all over again if I had to

Olieno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Olieno

I bought an Onkyo a few years back through woot and just after the initial warranty the HDMI board went ... Onkyo knew of the issue but claimed my model was not part of their special coverage. Not sure if they corrected this problem - just saying. Hope these are better quality than the 7.2 I purchased.

billbain164

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billbain164
bhcompy wrote:I have the TX-RZ810. I think it's a fantastic modern receiver. Honestly, the only thing that disappoints me is the Zone 3 is RCA rather than speaker wire, but that's an easy enough fix with an adapter.

Anyways, you can control it with an app(for any zone), it's got Chromecast for audio(not video) built in, it has built in support for Pandora, Spotify, Airplay, DLNA, etc.

Does it support HD Radio?

jefftreid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jefftreid
billbain164 wrote:Does it support HD Radio?

No, it does not support HD Radio, but it does support multiple streaming platforms.

jefftreid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jefftreid
bhcompy wrote:I have the TX-RZ810. I think it's a fantastic modern receiver. Honestly, the only thing that disappoints me is the Zone 3 is RCA rather than speaker wire, but that's an easy enough fix with an adapter.

You do realize that zone3 is line level out and not speaker level. In other words, you cannot drive speakers from the zone3 RCA jacks. You must run them to something with an amplifier.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning all.

Those of you looking for the NES, it will be sold in the Woot app only later today.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dinardon1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinardon1
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning all.

Those of you looking for the NES, it will be sold in the Woot app only later today.

Do you have an estimate for when available and when we should be checking in on the app?

cpkendra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpkendra

Also looking for NES Classic, been checking since 0100 hours. This is not really proving any benefit to clogging up my phone with another worthless app. I will uninstall whether I secure an NES or not. Thanks WOOT!!...NOT!

givan2code

quality posts: 0 Private Messages givan2code
Olieno wrote:I bought an Onkyo a few years back through woot and just after the initial warranty the HDMI board went ... Onkyo knew of the issue but claimed my model was not part of their special coverage. Not sure if they corrected this problem - just saying. Hope these are better quality than the 7.2 I purchased.

I own two Onkyo and both have suffered from HDMI issues. Its not the same brand my father touted.

DarkAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkAngel

so is the difference between the two just that the more expensive one is beefier?

also, what is the NES?

"Those of you looking for the NES, it will be sold in the Woot app only later today."

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
DarkAngel wrote:so is the difference between the two just that the more expensive one is beefier?

also, what is the NES?

"Those of you looking for the NES, it will be sold in the Woot app only later today."

CLICK HERE and you too will be hep to the jive the cats are layin' down about the NES.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

subslug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages subslug

YMMV but I doubt I would buy anymore Onkyo receivers, my experience with them hasn't been the greatest. When I got mine I upgraded from an old Yamaha and I still miss the Yamaha.
The sound quality is fine on it, it's more a user experience with the Onkyo that drives me crazy. Plugged into my Samsung TV the HDCP handshake is a disaster. I'm so over trying to find every device's remote control to actually be able to watch a movie that I've scrapped the whole setup and bought a sound bar.

Next time I'll just get the NES instead.

tadef

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tadef

There is much opinion about Onkyo and their HDMI boards. I can say that the SR806 series I had (bought in 2008), did burn up the HDMI board. After some back-and-forth with Onkyo (which oddly started here on Woot even thought I didn't buy it on Woot), they paid to repair it. It's still running strong today...at my ex's house. lol. I have a newer NR626 purchased here on Woot, and haven't had any problems with it. BTW, Denon has had HMDI board problems too - just sayin'.

BuLLitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BuLLitz

RUN AWAY!!!!!!
I have an Onkyo receiver at home (like this one) and have had SERIOUS problems with it. The board went out and had to get repaired. The unit gets confused and doesn't recognized any of the HDMI connections until you unplug and re-plug in the receiver.

I have lived with those issues, but recently Onkyo decided it doesn't want to work with Spotify. Due to their bad relationship, Spotify no longer works on the receiver. 2 or 3 weeks later, Pandora stopped working.

Do yourself a favor and skip this buy.

BuLLitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BuLLitz

NOTE TO WOOT!:
You cannot say that this receiver supports SPOTIFY unless you can verify that this particular receiver works with SPOTIFY.
SPOTIFY NO LONGER WORKS ON ONKYO.

Source:
https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/onkyo/

[MOD: Both the Onkyo TX-NR610 and TX-NR810 are not affected and support Spotify.]

Sardinicus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Sardinicus

I really hope people who need one aren't put off by the comments here.

Onkyo had some pervasive HDMI board issues a few generations ago (exacerbated by the counterfeit-capacitor problems that hit the whole industry) and handled it poorly. Every time Onkyo receivers show up here a bunch of people who were burned by that jump in, and while their experiences were real, there is no evidence that recent/current Onkyo stuff has any unusual quality issues.

Note that this has a THREE year manufacturer warranty, which along with Denon leads the consumer electronics industry. Reliability theory says if it lasts three years it will last forever.

Littlebucky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Littlebucky

I am clueless about modern receivers! I have a wireless system in my home. The technician blew up my old one. Be that sit is, Is this compatible with a wireless TV, Ect.. I want to use this for my sound system. I also have a high quality turn table that I would like to use once again. Will this support such or dose it require a built in preamp? Please help me out! Thanks , I wonder if any one reads this or all are as clueless as myself?

robor007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robor007

I owned an Onkyo years ago and it died shortly after warranty. Never again. There are plenty other choices.

sremick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sremick

Onkyo might not be perfect but I couldn't find an AVR that checked off as many of the features I wanted as the Onkyo ones. So I got a TX-NR616 a while back. About 3y ago I had an HDMI board issue but they replaced it under warranty and it's been fine since. My only complaint is that it has more HDMI inputs than discreet buttons to switch to them. But it still beats a separate HDMI switchbox chained onto things.

BiciPiccola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BiciPiccola
olcubmaster wrote:CLICK HERE and you too will be hep to the jive the cats are layin' down about the NES.

NES Classic to make a comeback “Summer 2018” Just WOW

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BuLLitz wrote:NOTE TO WOOT!:
You cannot say that this receiver supports SPOTIFY unless you can verify that this particular receiver works with SPOTIFY.
SPOTIFY NO LONGER WORKS ON ONKYO.

Source:
https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/onkyo/

Both the Onkyo TX-NR610 and TX-NR810 are not affected and support Spotify.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

affonsoclan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages affonsoclan

I just purchased this, unbelievable great deal. I have a 15 year old Integra 898 which I love, but time to move into the modern switching of HDMI world, plus own a new 4K projector. If you are on the fence, don't hesitate. no other AV receiver has this level of I/O and features for this price. Oh I purchased the higher output one.

onkyousa

quality posts: 41 Private Messages onkyousa
givan2code wrote:I own two Onkyo and both have suffered from HDMI issues. Its not the same brand my father touted.

Hello. Onkyo apologizes for the inconveniences caused. In these cases were the HDMI cables over 15ft. from the receiver to the display? Long HDMI cables/cables of poor quality could cause signal dropouts. -DH

onkyousa

Littlebucky wrote:I am clueless about modern receivers! I have a wireless system in my home. The technician blew up my old one. Be that sit is, Is this compatible with a wireless TV, Ect.. I want to use this for my sound system. I also have a high quality turn table that I would like to use once again. Will this support such or dose it require a built in preamp? Please help me out! Thanks , I wonder if any one reads this or all are as clueless as myself?

Hello! Let me see if I am understanding your situation. Are you trying to bring the sound from your Wi-Fi enabled Smart TV to the receiver? If so, you have options.

1) Utilize ARC (Audio Return Channel) via an HDMI cable between your ARC compatible television and your receiver.

2) Run an Optical Cable from your television to your receiver.

-DH

wwphx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwphx

I bought a TX-NR626 2.5 years ago, inspired by a Daily Woot but unable to afford it at the time I got it via Amazon as a factory refurb, so effectively the same deal and same gear. And it was a fantastic A/V receiver UNTIL the HDMI switch blowed up about two years after purchase. The cost of getting Onkyo to repair it was out of the question, it would have exceeded purchase price. I was able to get a local guy to repair it for about $120, the repair lasted for about 3 months and it popped again. Now it works as an HDMI switch, but it's not passing audio.

To conclude. I love the receiver: excellent sound, and when it was new to me, it was an excellent A/V switch. But I would hesitate to buy another refurb. I'm planning on buying another Onkyo, but it will be new, on sale, at Best Buy, with an extended warranty. I've dug in to the reviews pretty deep, and it looks like pretty much every brand run a risk of having the HDMI switch pop: it is, after all, a computer. I protect my gear as best I can by having it all plugged in to a UPS, but there's still a chance of something going *POOF* and the magic smoke escaping. That's just the way it is. But I'm not going to risk this particular piece of A/V gear to another factory refurb.

swechsler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages swechsler

Crutchfield has the 810 for $550 and the 610 for $400, free shipping, no tax, until tomorrow. Plus you get Crutchfield's excellent post-sale support. And you can return it if you're not happy (will cost you $10 for return shipping, though).

applesauce111111111111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applesauce111111111111
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning all.

Any estimate on what time later today?

swechsler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages swechsler
wwphx wrote:But I'm not going to risk this particular piece of A/V gear to another factory refurb.

The items Woot is selling are new, not refurbished.

alicelday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alicelday

Bought a TZ-RZ610 last time they were offered. Had a difficult time setting speakers up (it kept shutting down during the process). When I finally succeeded with the speakers, I set up my HDMI devices...and had no picture. Tried to update firmware, hoping that it would solve the HDMI picture problem, and the unit bricked itself. I had to pay to ship it to the repair center, negating the cost savings of buying at Woot (not Woot or Onkyo's fault, but I bought this right as I was moving and a time delay meant I could not just return it). I never thought anything would make me miss my old confusing Denon, but Onkyo succeeded in that, at least. This thing really did not work out of the box, and I consequently do not believe that Onkyo has its control quality problems behind them. I know I would think twice/three times before ever buying another Onkyo, and I definitely would buy at some place with a more generous return window than here. Too frustrating.

tompinky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tompinky
Littlebucky wrote:I am clueless about modern receivers! I have a wireless system in my home. The technician blew up my old one. Be that sit is, Is this compatible with a wireless TV, Ect.. I want to use this for my sound system. I also have a high quality turn table that I would like to use once again. Will this support such or dose it require a built in preamp? Please help me out! Thanks , I wonder if any one reads this or all are as clueless as myself?

Yes it has a Phono input. Did you look at the specs, it's in there, plus I own one.

dvdit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdit

I have Onkyo 805 I bought 10 years ago. Still going strong and has a great sound quality. Not a single issue as of yet for this model. I also bought an Onkyo networked receiver, forgot the model number, and this one suffered from the HDMI board failure issue. It was replaced under warranty and I did not have any issues after that.

When it came for a new receiver though, I only looked at a Denon and Yamaha. I bought the Yamaha A2070 for it's DSP and reliability. In terms of SQ vs the Yamaha, I prefer my old Onkyo 805 on pure SQ.

onkyousa

ThunderThighs wrote:Both the Onkyo TX-NR610 and TX-NR810 are not affected and support Spotify.

Hello, this is correct. the TX-RZ610 and TX-RZ810 support Spotify via Spotify Connect. -DH

mcgary911

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mcgary911

I suffered through an Onkyo with the HDMI board issues. Had it fixed under warranty once. The service center was far away and it took a while. Tech knew exactly what the issue was as soon as I said the O word. It blew again a year later. I learned to fix it myself and got 3 more years out of it until a power surge killed the board for good.

Good news is that I rolled the dice with another Onkyo about 4 years ago and this one is still running strong without a glitch. I'm over it.

Oh, and my old one is still doing great over a friend's house...minus video.

So the issues were real (as were the low quality cap issues that affected more than just Onkyo) but it does look like they've improved, at least from my experience.

onkyousa

billbain164 wrote:Does it support HD Radio?

Hello, it does not support HD radio.

kschwartz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschwartz1

any updates on the nintendo?

onkyousa

tompinky wrote:Yes it has a Phono input. Did you look at the specs, it's in there, plus I own one.

Hello,

The TX-RZ610 or 810 does work with surround sound systems depending on how may channels you need. Also, they both have phono inputs for your turntable.

onkyousa

kschwartz1 wrote:any updates on the nintendo?

Hello, what would you like to specifically know about the Nintendo

onkyousa

givan2code wrote:I own two Onkyo and both have suffered from HDMI issues. Its not the same brand my father touted.

Hello, i am so sorry for the inconvenience. Did you ever get support for your product?