Top 4% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP 210-G1 11" Intel 320GB Touch Notebook
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Nov 13 to Tuesday, Nov 14) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

yoshibuddha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshibuddha

My augmented reality startup could just buy like 5 of these and chain them together to make the appropriate AI Overlord...if my calculations are correct.

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222

What kind of shape will these be in?

Will they appear new in box to fool a tween who still believes?

apearlman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apearlman

To those who have bought woot refurbished before: what kind of condition should I expect this to be in?

Particularly the battery. Do they test or replace it, or am I taking a chance on whether the thing can hold a charge?

cpartin69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpartin69
wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1][Preview 2]

HP 210-G1 11" Intel 320GB Touch Notebook
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Nov 13 to Tuesday, Nov 14) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Any idea if this is a good laptop, I wanted to buy this for my 13 yr old that will be watching movies on it..

cpartin69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpartin69

Is this good for watching movies?

tp222

Screw it. Took a shot for under $200.

Hopefully, it looks new.

dodahman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dodahman
apearlman wrote:To those who have bought woot refurbished before: what kind of condition should I expect this to be in?

Particularly the battery. Do they test or replace it, or am I taking a chance on whether the thing can hold a charge?

I have bought both a refurbished HP desktop and a HP laptop over the last year. Both items came as if they were new.
I wouldn't worry.

lapuzza

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lapuzza

Not this model, or even this year, but my experience on buying refurbs from HP has been really negative. I keep buying them because they're the cheapest, and I keep figuring out why.

Screens, touchpads, and other hardware parts going in-and-out without cause or warning has been my history with them.

The price on this is really attractive, so this may be a good buy for someone that doesn't know if they want a notebook. If you do, you can buy a real one later. if you don't, you did't waste too much coin.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
cpartin69 wrote:Any idea if this is a good laptop, I wanted to buy this for my 13 yr old that will be watching movies on it..

I bought one of these new several (5?) years ago for $299. It still keeps chugging along. Never used the touch screen much, but now that I use a tablet more, I use it on the HP a bit more. Got knocked off my desk to an uncarpeted office floor and took a corner out, but it still worked.

Mine was Windows 8 with the free upgrade to 10.

Not the most exciting laptop I've used, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

dliidlii

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dliidlii

Black Friday deals are only two weeks from today.

trumpetguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trumpetguy
tp222 wrote:What kind of shape will these be in?

I have had mixed experiences with "refurbs" from Woot. Almost unanimously excellent, but one laptop looked like it had been drug down a sidewalk on a chain.

apearlman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apearlman

Who services the warranty on woot refubs?

EDIT: nevermind, I see that it's "Advanced Skyline Technology", whoever that is.

sanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sanmo
radi0j0hn wrote:I bought one of these new several (5?) years ago for $299. It still keeps chugging along. Never used the touch screen much, but now that I use a tablet more, I use it on the HP a bit more. Got knocked off my desk to an uncarpeted office floor and took a corner out, but it still worked.

Mine was Windows 8 with the free upgrade to 10.

Not the most exciting laptop I've used, but it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.

Did you remain at 4GB RAM or upgrade to 8GB? I'm curious whether the performance is significantly better with increased memory.

madmanhattan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madmanhattan

Not to burst the bubble. But if you want to give this pc a shot... its on Amazon right now for 89.99. Same model.

[VMod edit: Used, not a refurb, and not of the same specs.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tp222 wrote:What kind of shape will these be in?

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

tp222

madmanhattan wrote:Not to burst the bubble. But if you want to give this pc a shot... its on Amazon right now for 89.99. Same model.

How about a link?

brancwp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brancwp
madmanhattan wrote:Not to burst the bubble. But if you want to give this pc a shot... its on Amazon right now for 89.99. Same model.

Not that I can find...need link.

cwomack405

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwomack405
tp222 wrote:How about a link?

https://smile.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-i3-i3-4010U-Professional-Notebook/dp/B01KUV2GRI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1510329958&sr=8-23&keywords=HP+210-g1

It is a used one.

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

cwomack405 wrote:https://smile.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-i3-i3-4010U-Professional-Notebook/dp/B01KUV2GRI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1510329958&sr=8-23&keywords=HP+210-g1

It is a used one.

Used, not a touch screen, Windows 7, no warranty, and seller has a 82% rating.

So not the same.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

tmf24556

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmf24556

I'm going to wait until "Black Friday" and look for deals then

dynamoned

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dynamoned

For anyone curious about benchmarks:
PassMark CPU Mark: 2445
PassMark G3D Mark: 561

And here's a link to the Maintenance and Service Manual for those looking to tinker.

For a daily-driver laptop, this machine will serve just fine, and at this price, it's a great upgradeable alternative to a Chromebook or one of the low-end Windows 10 laptops with eMMC drives and soldered RAM.

It only has a single RAM slot, but it is upgradeable to 8GB. Plop a budget SSD into this machine to replace the pokey hard drive, and you'd have a speedy little daily-driver.

car4dave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages car4dave

I bought a similar Lenovo with 4gb RAM and 128gb SSD, I like it. I wonder if a touchscreen would slow this laptop down.

scott.hall

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scott.hall
dynamoned wrote:For anyone curious about benchmarks:
PassMark CPU Mark: 2445
PassMark G3D Mark: 561

And here's a link to the Maintenance and Service Manual for those looking to tinker.

For a daily-driver laptop, this machine will serve just fine, and at this price, it's a great upgradeable alternative to a Chromebook or one of the low-end Windows 10 laptops with eMMC drives and soldered RAM.

It only has a single RAM slot, but it is upgradeable to 8GB. Plop a budget SSD into this machine to replace the pokey hard drive, and you'd have a speedy little daily-driver.

How do you tell if it's 204 or 240 pin? Just open it up and compare?

CALEBM123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CALEBM123

It's a really good deal, it's more expensive on other sites.

dynamoned

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dynamoned
scott.hall wrote:How do you tell if it's 204 or 240 pin? Just open it up and compare?

This laptop uses DDR3 Low Voltage (DDR3L) RAM SODIMM's, which are generally the 204-pin variety. The specific 8GB RAM spare part listed in the service manual is this one on Amazon, but any 2GB, 4GB or 8GB DDR3L SODIMM should work.

oradb2dba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oradb2dba

I purchased a "refurbished" Lenovo M72Z computer this week from Woot. I received it today. I will never by another "refurbished" product from Woot. Here are my comments on that deal:

Lot's of issues: 1. What is pictured is not what you get!!!! 2. I did not receive a power cord, keyboard or mouse. 3. In the actual model shipped, the computer/display sits on a post which slides up and down into the base. The plastic ring which sits around the post is broken. Possibly due to shipping. 4. You can hear the hard drive, so it's not likely a very good one. 5. Cosmetically, I would say that this one is in "fair" condition. Quite a few noticeable scratches in the plastic and lots of dust. It looks like it's had some hard use.

Bottom line - This looks like it was sold by some second or third tier ebay website, not from Woot. I will not purchase another refurbished item from Woot and I suggest that you don't either.

[VMod edit: -- but that's a way different product than what's offered here. You've been replied to in the respective product thread already.]

k1oik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k1oik

To whoever Vmod is, if there is a story in defense of Woot why don't you share it?

oradb2dba wrote:I purchased a "refurbished" Lenovo M72Z computer this week from Woot. I received it today. I will never by another "refurbished" product from Woot. Here are my comments on that deal:

Lot's of issues: 1. What is pictured is not what you get!!!! 2. I did not receive a power cord, keyboard or mouse. 3. In the actual model shipped, the computer/display sits on a post which slides up and down into the base. The plastic ring which sits around the post is broken. Possibly due to shipping. 4. You can hear the hard drive, so it's not likely a very good one. 5. Cosmetically, I would say that this one is in "fair" condition. Quite a few noticeable scratches in the plastic and lots of dust. It looks like it's had some hard use.

Bottom line - This looks like it was sold by some second or third tier ebay website, not from Woot. I will not purchase another refurbished item from Woot and I suggest that you don't either.

[VMod edit: -- but that's a way different product than what's offered here. You've been replied to in the respective product thread already.]

http://k1oik.freehostia.com/students/

populuxe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages populuxe

Bought my HP desktop off woot almost 4 years ago. Came with everything (except monitor) and have loved it since day one! Refurbished--couldn't tell, like new. It may have been one of those old "sponsored" deals, can't remember. I'm sure it's not good enough for the speed-boy gamers, but I can actually play some cool games and the graphics are fine on med resolution. I'm just looking back at my "stuff I bought" list and wow, am very happy with almost everything. Last big thing was an Amazon fire, the good one, so glad I sprung for that to replace the Galaxy note 4 that had aged a bit. The fire too was new or couldn't tell it was ever even used. So please take up your problems with cust service, don't discourage others from cutting some good deals here.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
sanmo wrote:Did you remain at 4GB RAM or upgrade to 8GB? I'm curious whether the performance is significantly better with increased memory.

Never gave it much thought, as it worked well enough for my needs. I do have a desktop PC with 8GB and it is faster, using the same apps.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

wildebeest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildebeest

just received mine and I've gotta ask: what exactly is the difference between used and refurb? mine has clearly seen a lot...

ThunderThighs

Staff

wildebeest wrote:just received mine and I've gotta ask: what exactly is the difference between used and refurb? mine has clearly seen a lot...

Used is sold as is.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

wildebeest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildebeest
ThunderThighs wrote:Used is sold as is.

I've always thought so too, but I've never received a refurb as "well-travelled" as this one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

wildebeest wrote:I've always thought so too, but I've never received a refurb as "well-travelled" as this one.

If you're unhappy with it, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance. They may have some options.