Top 6% of Woot.com Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

T-Fal Pro Grade Titanium 12-PC Nonstick Cookware Set
Price: $92.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Nov 13 to Tuesday, Nov 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

cellura123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cellura123

are these teflon free?

nintendodude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nintendodude

Any word on these at all?

bonnyglen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonnyglen

Does "Induction Compatible" mean that they will work on induction ranges (ie.: will they get hot)?

ftschirgi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftschirgi
cellura123 wrote:are these teflon free?

Nope. Totally Teflon.

ftschirgi

nintendodude wrote:Any word on these at all?

I have had the big pan and the next smallest for years. They are great. Use just plastic/wood utensils on them and they will last for years of daily use. They Teflon however, does wear out but years of use.

ftschirgi

bonnyglen wrote:Does "Induction Compatible" mean that they will work on induction ranges (ie.: will they get hot)?

Yes

Icejacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icejacker

alejandro64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alejandro64
ftschirgi wrote:Nope. Totally Teflon.

Is this good or bad?

alejandro64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alejandro64

Can someone provide more detailed info about items in this set?

Which T-Fal Items they correspond?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
ftschirgi wrote:Nope. Totally Teflon.

NOT for use around pet birds. Look it up. Off-gassing at accidental high temps will kill them. Kinda creepy, don't you think? That's why I switched to cast-iron and never ever regretted it.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

david223

quality posts: 3 Private Messages david223

I don't have this line of T Fal cookware. But I have a different line of T Fal Professional non- stick cookware. The only difference is this line is Titanium, and the one I have is Aluminum. The exact same coating. Yes, it is teflon but it has outlasted every other teflon pans I've had. It's the best non stick I've ever had. Love it.

dsmarrs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsmarrs

Do the handles get hot?

hondaman88

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hondaman88

I have a similar set with silicone handles and it has been great. But... my wife didn't want to hand wash them and started using metal utensils, against my advice. They are now showing nicks and scratches in the inside finish. I've tried to point it out and explain, but what do I know.
Easy to hand wash because nothing sticks.
Hand wash and avoid metal utensils and these should last a long, long time.

TexasScout

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TexasScout
alejandro64 wrote:Is this good or bad?

As long as you keep the temps BELOW 400 deg F, you are fine. The red dot in the pan is temp sensitive. When it turns dark it’s time to oil and cook. Just remember to follow the “seasoning” instructions.

karrana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karrana

But...but....for $95 at Amazon, I can get the similar version without the Teflon that is metal utensil friendly. Just how good a deal is this?

slambram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slambram
david223 wrote:I don't have this line of T Fal cookware. But I have a different line of T Fal Professional non- stick cookware. The only difference is this line is Titanium, and the one I have is Aluminum. The exact same coating. Yes, it is teflon but it has outlasted every other teflon pans I've had. It's the best non stick I've ever had. Love it.

Same here. I still have my T-Fal 'Ingenio' (with the removable handles) set I bought 20 years ago. The Teflon coating is still in great shape after all that time.

stryderryu

quality posts: 20 Private Messages stryderryu

I have the large pan and will say it is great, but I much prefer to use my kitchenaid set for most of the cooking that does not particularly need nonstick. These do have a good weight to them and the handle does not get hot easily, but I do use electric sadly, so I can't vow that they won't get hot with gas.

tjsynkral

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tjsynkral
karrana wrote:But...but....for $95 at Amazon, I can get the similar version without the Teflon that is metal utensil friendly. Just how good a deal is this?

Any nonstick pan that claims it's metal utensil friendly is 100% bullshit.

I tried the non-Teflon pans and over time the non stick wears down and becomes stick. Teflon is basically non-stick for life. It won't hurt you but is toxic to parrots.

pvtrounstine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pvtrounstine

The aluminum version of the t-fal pro is recommended by America's Test Kitchen and we have the 8, 10, and 12" and love them. They are perfect with a proper non metal spatula for eggs, and have lasted much, much longer than other non-stick. Of course they say have only the pieces you'd really need, but the sizes here are pretty practical if you haven't got much at home now.

philgonet

quality posts: 13 Private Messages philgonet

Do any of the lids fit the fry pans also? This is important for certain dishes I cook in a skillet.
Hey woot! copy writers...It would be nice if they had the dimensions as well as the volume listed for the pots/lids...

patric9956

quality posts: 15 Private Messages patric9956
tjsynkral wrote:Any nonstick pan that claims it's metal utensil friendly is 100% bullshit.

I tried the non-Teflon pans and over time the non stick wears down and becomes stick. Teflon is basically non-stick for life. It won't hurt you but is toxic to parrots.

Ever hear of the canary in the coal mine?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
hondaman88 wrote:I have a similar set with silicone handles and it has been great. But... my wife didn't want to hand wash them and started using metal utensils, against my advice. They are now showing nicks and scratches in the inside finish. I've tried to point it out and explain, but what do I know.
Easy to hand wash because nothing sticks.
Hand wash and avoid metal utensils and these should last a long, long time.

We also have this set and the silicone version (that isn't induction type). Both are great & last much longer than others we've tried.
This set with metal handles, the handles get kinda hot so be careful.
Yes, cast iron is best, but these work so good & easy. We use both!

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
tjsynkral wrote:Any nonstick pan that claims it's metal utensil friendly is 100% bullshit.

Yes. Never use metal on these.

I use teflon to clear our house of excessive parrots. Works great!!

philgonet

quality posts: 13 Private Messages philgonet
patric9956 wrote:Ever hear of the canary in the coal mine?

Are you implying I should get a canary just to be sure, in case I overheat my Tfal pans??

wooters!!

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wooters!!

I have a T-Fal skillet and the coating is phenomenal. Had it for more years than I can remember, and cooked eggs slide around on it with just a shake, though I do add a coating of butter first.
Cleanup is just a rinse with water afterwards; it's still pristine even though I definitely overheated it on a few occasions. None worse for wear afterwards.

JMBadger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JMBadger
david223 wrote:I don't have this line of T Fal cookware. But I have a different line of T Fal Professional non- stick cookware. The only difference is this line is Titanium, and the one I have is Aluminum. The exact same coating. Yes, it is teflon but it has outlasted every other teflon pans I've had. It's the best non stick I've ever had. Love it.

I have a variety of aluminum T-Fal. Does the titanium warp as badly?

wooters!!

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wooters!!
JMBadger wrote:I have a variety of aluminum T-Fal. Does the titanium warp as badly?

It's not really titanium as in the metal, of course- Mine is aluminum, and hasn't warped or anything like that, even though it's been overheated without anything in it. Wouldn't expect these would have any problems with warping. Haven't tried smelting with it or anything like that though.