case4grace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages case4grace

I orderd the Woot special Tfal 12-piece titanium pots/pan set yesterday for $92. Today I see it on Amazon for only $80, and with my prime membership no shipping and handling. That's at least $17 bucks I'm out!! I contacted Woot and they will not honor a price match, in spite of the fact that they are OWNED BY AMAZON!!! Said I could refuse my shipment, but of course because it isn't defective I see they reserve the right to charge me a 15% restocking fee, so that is a JOKE! What a bunch of BS. That will be the last time I ever order from Woot. When they say "shenanigans" I guess you have to know they don't care if they manipulate your hard-earned money into their pockets using shady practices like this. I don't do business with companies who operate like this. Woot...you can kiss my toot!

drewcroa

quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa

That model# only a set retailing for $218.99 on Amazon.

Maybe you are looking at a different set.

Also, though Amazon owns woot, woot is independently operated and sells from their own stock (with the rare exception of some of their recent "Flash Deals". So they don't typically do any kind of price matching with the mothership.

Additionally, sweet more crap for me!!

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme
case4grace wrote:I orderd the Woot special Tfal 12-piece titanium pots/pan set yesterday for $92. Today I see it on Amazon for only $80, and with my prime membership no shipping and handling. That's at least $17 bucks I'm out!! I contacted Woot and they will not honor a price match, in spite of the fact that they are OWNED BY AMAZON!!! Said I could refuse my shipment, but of course because it isn't defective I see they reserve the right to charge me a 15% restocking fee, so that is a JOKE! What a bunch of BS. That will be the last time I ever order from Woot. When they say "shenanigans" I guess you have to know they don't care if they manipulate your hard-earned money into their pockets using shady practices like this. I don't do business with companies who operate like this. Woot...you can kiss my toot!

Amazon itself does not price match, even if you buy an item today from Amazon, and it goes on sale tomorrow for $20 lower on Amazon, they will flat out refuse to refund the difference. They will tell you to issue a return, and re-purchase the item again under the lower price. I have had this happen multiple times.

Most likely, you will not get charged a restocking fee, however you will probably be out your $5 shipping charge, but will still save $12.

If woot finds a lower price is offered on a current sale, they will typically adjust their prices that day and issue refunds to the people who already purchased it, but if something goes on sale after the sale is already over, that's out of their control.

This is the reason why I purchase with a credit card that has price protection on it. I have used it several times successfully this year.

Also, I don't see this on Amazon (or anywhere else) for cheaper. The only one on Amazon is $219

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

case4grace wrote:I orderd the Woot special Tfal 12-piece titanium pots/pan set yesterday for $92. Today I see it on Amazon for only $80, and with my prime membership no shipping and handling. That's at least $17 bucks I'm out!! I contacted Woot and they will not honor a price match, in spite of the fact that they are OWNED BY AMAZON!!! Said I could refuse my shipment, but of course because it isn't defective I see they reserve the right to charge me a 15% restocking fee, so that is a JOKE! What a bunch of BS. That will be the last time I ever order from Woot. When they say "shenanigans" I guess you have to know they don't care if they manipulate your hard-earned money into their pockets using shady practices like this. I don't do business with companies who operate like this. Woot...you can kiss my toot!

We usually try to offer the best deals to wooters on the woot sites but sometimes we're pinned by other price comps.

You may want this.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

case4grace wrote:I orderd the Woot special Tfal 12-piece titanium pots/pan set yesterday for $92. Today I see it on Amazon for only $80, ...

Other than it being a different set ... but hey, a Chevy is the same as a Cadillac, right? I mean, they're both cars, right.

The set sold here was the Pro Grade Titanium, which is currently $170 on Amazon.

ThunderThighs wrote:...
You may want this.

Lacks a cat. Also has anyone told Jeanette (as featured back in the 2012 calendar)?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

drewcroa

ThunderThighs wrote:We usually try to offer the best deals to wooters on the woot sites but sometimes we're pinned by other price comps.

You may want this.

You've been waiting for an opportunity to post that, haven't you?

ThunderThighs

Staff

drewcroa wrote:You've been waiting for an opportunity to post that, haven't you?

Only since Friday. We just had it created.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

To add to this....

This is the only one that could have gone down that low in price.. You can see it's not the same set by looking at the handles.

This is the set we sold. It's never been that low.

drewcroa

ThunderThighs wrote:Only since Friday. We just had it created.

I'd totally buy it if it was on a cream colored blank.

ThunderThighs

Staff

drewcroa wrote:I'd totally buy it if it was on a cream colored blank.

drewcroa

ThunderThighs wrote:

I make cream look good.

ThunderThighs

Staff

drewcroa wrote:I make cream look good.

drewcroa

ThunderThighs wrote:

Only in your dreams.