Top 10% of Woot.com Woots
Top 6% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Fitbit Charge HR
Price: $64.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Nov 15 to Thursday, Nov 16) + transit
Condition: New, Open Box

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/24/2017 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (2 comments)
10/7/2016 - $74.99 - Click To See Discussion (15 comments)

2/13/2017 - $69.99 (Woot Plus)
2/13/2017 - $69.99 (Woot Plus)
2/8/2017 - $69.99 (Woot Plus)

Betimothy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Betimothy

Don't buy it. Fitbits fall apart and their warranty period sucks. Check out the complaints on their facebook page and the BBB listing before you buy one.

techgator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techgator

That doesn't look like a charge HR in the photos.

quitecontrary76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quitecontrary76
techgator wrote:That doesn't look like a charge HR in the photos.

Looks exactly like the Charge HR I'm wearing.

etreber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages etreber
Betimothy wrote:Don't buy it. Fitbits fall apart and their warranty period sucks. Check out the complaints on their facebook page and the BBB listing before you buy one.

Short form: skip the charge... I've had 4-5 (replaced under warranty) and each one has had issues with the rubber strap coming off the unit and braking.

Having picked one of these up from Woot last year... I have to agree the Charge (regular or HR) is prone to issues with it's wrist-bands. I recently got an Alta though... which is designed to have replaceable bands and am loving it. [Although I have upgraded to a metal after-market wrist strap.]

One thing though: The charge I got from Woot last year (also a referb) only had about a 28 hour battery life. Woot was good and replaced it with a different one, that would hold it's "charge" for 5-6 days worth of battery life. So: good on Woot for being responsible. Long term issue was with the quality of the manufacture, not an issue w/Woot's product.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

techgator wrote:That doesn't look like a charge HR in the photos.

Looks like it to me.

https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Wootsupbishes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wootsupbishes

We had two of these, plus one that was a replacement under warranty. Ultimately they all failed. I went to their product booth at CES and the folks there took no interest in rectifying the situation and so I have given up on FITBIT.

SandlerR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SandlerR

Like others have said, skip the Charge HR. I'm currently wearing mine and it works well, but the band is held together with epoxy and I'm looking forward to upgrading to the Charge 2 HR. Hopefully that'll happen on Cyber Monday.

kenaidog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenaidog

I must have lucked out, I've worn my Charge HR every day for more than a year, and haven't had any problems or issues. Knock on wood; I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

nestone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nestone

Ahem to that. Fitbits are real crap. The bands quickly bubble up and separate from the face. Sweat is what does it. You will be lucky to get 90 days out of it if you do any type of exercise at all. Not just this model, but even the more expensive ones, like the Surge. That one started coming apart after 4 months. After getting one replaced under warranty when they first came out, Fitbit quickly realized they had a real problem with quality control and stopped replacing the obviously defective design. Do yourself a favor and spring for the more expensive but light years better Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro. It's water proof and doesn't fall apart.

kinster23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinster23

I've gone through two of them. Bubbles on the band, and separation of it from the underlying portion. They honored the warranty the first time, but not the second. They offered me a discount of 20% on a replacement. No thanks. I'm looking for a different product and manufacturer.

snowkitten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowkitten

As many have already stated, this model has serious flaws. I went through three of them under warranty and truth be told needed a fourth but the replacements were all based on the 1 year warranty of my original purchase, not the subsequent replacement. So translation, not a single one lasted a year.

The band begins bubbling near where it attaches. (I was asked if it had been in any extreme environments or temperatures which apparently was believed to be the cause. - Nope, live in a dry, mild heat area.) Once it has started bubbling it's only a matter of time before the band completely starts to peel away and it becomes useless.

I do however recommend the Charge 2 HR. The bands are replaceable, so lots of affordable options (some of which are very nice) on the parent company. The unit is much more well built and I haven't had any issues after nearly a year. And I really like being able to swap the bands rather than always being stuck with a silicone one that just looks tacky.

kylelmccoy

quality posts: 16 Private Messages kylelmccoy

Fitbit's products are garbage. I bought a flex when they first came out, had it replaced 2x inter warranty. (Both times stopped charging) I also had their scale. I replaced the batteries and it no longer talked to the server. They replaced it after a looooong hassle. Then I had to replace the batteries in this one, and same issue. Out of warranty and so I opened it up and found wiring and electronics right out of a dollar store toy. Cheap thin wiring, brittle connectors, and spots where wires were kinked and probably broken internally. Stay away.