3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 22% of Woot.com Woots
Top 11% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Woot.com Woots
Top 6% of all Woots

Quality Posts

• (8:07 AM, 11/29/2017) davidcmal thinks it's a fine deal.

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Lenovo X1 12" M5 256GB Detachable Laptop
Price: $679.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Nov 30 to Friday, Dec 01) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

DJG

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DJG

What's a Cartridge Connector Slot, and what is it used for? Tried to search and follow, didn't find answer. Never noticed a spec like that. Appreciated advice, thanks!

andrewtl

quality posts: 29 Private Messages andrewtl
DJG wrote:What's a Cartridge Connector Slot, and what is it used for? Tried to search and follow, didn't find answer. Never noticed a spec like that. Appreciated advice, thanks!

sounds like something used to play old atari games.

pfffft!

bbf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbf
DJG wrote:What's a Cartridge Connector Slot, and what is it used for? Tried to search and follow, didn't find answer. Never noticed a spec like that. Appreciated advice, thanks!

I think it's for the "modules" that Lenovo has for this computer: The productivity, presenter and 3D Imaging modules.

PC World has a write up of the first two... https://www.pcworld.com/article/3131562/tablet-pc/lenovos-thinkpad-x1-tablet-modules-add-features-but-limit-functionality.html

Nargg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nargg

But, what if this thing breaks apart? Oh, wait, it's supposed to do that. :P

jcomp4962

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcomp4962

Selling on Lenovo website for $719.99. This isn’t much of a deal. And it’s certainly not worth what Woot’s retail price is showing.

davidcmal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidcmal
jcomp4962 wrote:Selling on Lenovo website for $719.99. This isn’t much of a deal. And it’s certainly not worth what Woot’s retail price is showing.

It being 5% cheaper than the Lenovo site makes me think it is a great deal. It appears to be the cheapest price you can get for this model (new) anywhere. Staples will gladly take $1424 for the same laptop and Newegg has it for $999.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
jcomp4962 wrote:Selling on Lenovo website for $719.99. This isn’t much of a deal. And it’s certainly not worth what Woot’s retail price is showing.

Even Lenovo's website shows a $1299 regular price. You're looking at tech on sale right now for Black Friday/Cyber Monday extended sales, no duh it's not at retail pricing anywhere.

bbf

I dunno. I'm OK with posts showing LOWER prices at other sites, but complaining that the woot! price is not discounted enough eventhough it's the best price one can find just seems like it's over the line for me.

Oh, yeah, I'd like it too if woot! discounted this another 50%... pretty please, with cherry on top?

Probably won't happen though. ;-)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bbf wrote:I dunno. I'm OK with posts showing LOWER prices at other sites, but complaining that the woot! price is not discounted enough eventhough it's the best price one can find just seems like it's over the line for me.

Oh, yeah, I'd like it too if woot! discounted this another 50%... pretty please, with cherry on top?

Probably won't happen though. ;-)

I think I love you.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bbf

I purchased one of these from Woot! and it's a nicely made tablet with a really nice keyboard (for its thickness)

However, mine came with a back camera that wouldn't focus and was stuck at the closest focus setting, so everything that wasn't a few inches in front of the lens was out of focus. :-O Took me 2 days of ownership before I even thought of checking to see if the cameras worked correctly. (It's just something that I don't really use on any of my computers and tablets.)

So if you got one of these, check to see if the back camera works properly using the Windows 10 Camera App.

Lenovo support was as helpful as first level tech support can be and concluded that the camera was defective. Unfortunately for a brand new DoA unit, they treat it like any other warranty repair and will send a box out for the customer to send the laptop to the repair depot where they said to expect a 7 business day turn around period. :-O That would mean that I might not get the device back till at least after Christmas.

I declined to go that route (and the Lenovo CSA was very understanding of why) and just RMA'd with woot! customer support.

Oh, and woot! customer support by phone was very efficient at getting my exchange started.

JMihailoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JMihailoff

I've had mine for 3 days. Was just getting to love it. Then it just randomly lost internet connection, though no other device in the house had an issue. So I rebooted it. That was it. It won't turn on at all now. Very disappointed.
Google says take it apart and take the battery out to start it. That just doesn't feel right for something that's been out of the box for only 3 days.
Help?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JMihailoff wrote:I've had mine for 3 days. Was just getting to love it. Then it just randomly lost internet connection, though no other device in the house had an issue. So I rebooted it. That was it. It won't turn on at all now. Very disappointed.
Google says take it apart and take the battery out to start it. That just doesn't feel right for something that's been out of the box for only 3 days.
Help?

I'm very sorry. You might contact Lenovo to see if they can troubleshoot for you.

If that doesn't work, you can contact our CS for a return authorization.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items