Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

North Face Men's Flight Puffer Jacket
Price: $81.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Dec 01 to Monday, Dec 04) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

ubermick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ubermick

Is the fill on this polyester or down?

[MOD: Polyester]

schlafly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schlafly

What does it mean for Large to have a 23" chest and 46" bust?

michaelvella

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaelvella
schlafly wrote:What does it mean for Large to have a 23" chest and 46" bust?

23in measured across.
43in around.

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

What am I supposed to be puffing in this?

Artpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artpf

I can't find this jacket anywhere online for more detail and a price comparison. The flight series on North Face is not a puffer jacket.

Sounds like a Woot only thing which makes the pricing a wee bit suspicious since down North Face jackets can be had for around $199 list.

steve828

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steve828

Are there any ratings available for this jacket? I wish I could find it only to find out more about it. Like what temperature is it rated to, etc.

ktrinh01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktrinh01

wow! so many color choices!!

spdmsw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spdmsw

probably just an old stock item, North Face and every other company out there has moved in the direction of the thin thermoball type jacket that's more of a layer type jacket; not an outer jacket. If you like an outer type puffer that's warm as hell; this is a great deal!!

Artpf

spdmsw wrote:probably just an old stock item, North Face and every other company out there has moved in the direction of the thin thermoball type jacket that's more of a layer type jacket; not an outer jacket. If you like an outer type puffer that's warm as hell; this is a great deal!!

Do you have one? It doesnt appear this was ever for sale anywhere else.

Artpf

steve828 wrote:Are there any ratings available for this jacket? I wish I could find it only to find out more about it. Like what temperature is it rated to, etc.

It's not down filled so it is not going to be all that warm.

Further, i can't find it listed any where else on the Net, which is real weird. Even if it's an older item, it should appear some where

darrelll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrelll
ubermick wrote:Is the fill on this polyester or down?

Yes I'd also like to know.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages tc1uscg
spdmsw wrote:probably just an old stock item, North Face and every other company out there has moved in the direction of the thin thermoball type jacket that's more of a layer type jacket; not an outer jacket. If you like an outer type puffer that's warm as hell; this is a great deal!!

Sadly, what I've noticed, to survive, companies such as North Face and Columbia have had to offer a much lower quality product to survive. Once a well respected brand hit with the "conform or die" bug. IMO, it's hurt the brand.

TC1 USCG Ret

flobocop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flobocop

Is there a review or gear listing posted online that corroborates this? The item page doesn’t contain any information about suggested use (casual vs snowsports vs mountaineering vs etc) or temperature rating. Curious what you’re basing your recommendation on.

flobocop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flobocop

TNF's website on the Flight series of gear. All featured items are listed as running clothing. Call me a naysayer, but I'm having difficulty imagining trail-running (or running in another locale) in a jacket like this.

https://www.thenorthface.com/featured/flight-series.html#

acm32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acm32

Staff

ubermick wrote:Is the fill on this polyester or down?

Helloooo!
This is polyester, not down filled.

acm32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acm32

Staff

This was a special makeup from The North Face for a department store. Unfortunately, the department store cancelled the order but that's a win for Woot as we were able to swoop in and buy up the stock!

rgarnier

quality posts: 21 Private Messages rgarnier

These do not appear to be even the least bit suitable for running, so be wary of the "Flight Series" moniker, which is used for TNF's line of running clothes.

rpm

quality posts: 214 Private Messages rpm

I've been a fan of North Face products since the late 1960s (I still have a 1969 down sweater and would still have still have a 1968 sleeping bag had it not been stolen)....

Who would ever pay $90, let alone $199, for a polyester filled jacket? Just not conceivable.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

bottomfeeder57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bottomfeeder57

North Face was bought by VF Corp. VF Corp. includes brands such as Wrangler Jeans, Lee Jeans, North Face, Timberland, JanSport, Eastpak, Nautica and Vann's. I have purchased some North Face polar fleece products in the last couple of years that are definitely inferior to products from years past. You might say VF has done to North Face what the One Store to Rule Them All (Mothership) has done to woot!

jsturniolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsturniolo

North Face has been owned by VF for over 17 years. Being owned by VF isn't what changed their merchandise, competition and the marketplace did that.

elbarto2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elbarto2

The dimensions aren't for humans, so unless these jackets are for pets, I don't see any satisfied customers.

Chest = 1/2 of Bust?
Arm length is what, the inseam of what a dress shirt runs.

An adult man who purchases dress shirts on neck size and sleeve length, and jackets on chest size, would have a better chance at figuring out his dress size from this chart than ordering the correct jacket.

spdmsw

For those of you struggling over polyester vs down. If your out in the woods and your down jacket gets wet, it's finished.....your gonna freeze and your jacket will not dry. A Poly fill is far better in the event that you get caught in wet weather. Same holds true for a good sleeping bag.

VF has owned TNF for 18 years. I get tired of people pointing this out. The North face still produces awesome gear, it's that they also make gear for the general public....The real gear equivalent of this jacket would be 400 $ or more no matter what....and 90% of the public doesn't need a jacket like that.
This is a great deal!!

dgfait

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dgfait

Looks like a 20 dollar coat and a 60 dollar brand insignia.

Mnsotapop71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mnsotapop71

Received my jacket today. Xl. Very tight across chest and shoulders. Also zips opposite like a woman's jacket.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mnsotapop71 wrote:Received my jacket today. Xl. Very tight across chest and shoulders. Also zips opposite like a woman's jacket.

The features did say to order up. It's a center zipper so considered universal.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dwkwhite28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwkwhite28

So I went a head and purchased one out of curiosity. This is supposed to be a men's jacket and the first thing I noticed is that the zipper is on the wrong side. Also, I ordered an XL and its tight on me, which normal XLs are loose. Also, I'm concerned with the tags, as it's not tagged like a normal North Face that explains the product. There's only a warranty tag and nothing else. I'm starting to question if this is in fact a real North Face Product.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dwkwhite28 wrote:So I went a head and purchased one out of curiosity. This is supposed to be a men's jacket and the first thing I noticed is that the zipper is on the wrong side. Also, I ordered an XL and its tight on me, which normal XLs are loose. Also, I'm concerned with the tags, as it's not tagged like a normal North Face that explains the product. There's only a warranty tag and nothing else. I'm starting to question if this is in fact a real North Face Product.

These are North Face. They were a special buy for a retailer that backed out of the deal.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

yellowspeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowspeed

Hmm... I may have to call Northface on these everything I see screams fake. Same here with the sizing and zipper. Wonder who the retailer was? Marshall’s? Lol

yellowspeed

dgfait wrote:Looks like a 20 dollar coat and a 60 dollar brand insignia.

You were exactly right, possibly fake as well

tuttleman99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuttleman99

I have 3 North Face jackets. One is a large and fits me well. The other 2 are X-large and I can wear a heavy sweater or flannel under them. This is very tight on me and I needed to up size 2 sizes. And as others have said, the zipper is on the wrong side. The jacket appears to be for some other country or for a women. Buying a name brand you would think it would sized correctly. I think I'm through buying cloths from you.

Mnsotapop71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mnsotapop71
ThunderThighs wrote:The features did say to order up. It's a center zipper so considered universal.

So why don't other North Face jackets have this "universal zipper"? Between that and sizing it seems more like these were speced as women's jackets. Anyone buying in US would assume the zipper is as other men's jackets. If not it should have been noted like the size was. (Recommended to order up a aize)

ComputerLex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ComputerLex

I am pretty disappointed with this jacket. I have many other NF items, but this is a tight fit on me even going up a size. Materials are cheap.

Gary Peck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gary Peck

Very disappointed that this jacket was even offered for sale. It is very small and is a North Face knock off. The quality is bad and not worth even $50. I want my money back!

spdmsw

I would have to agree, something is amiss with this jacket. Will be contacting customer service for a return. Personally i think these were made for the Chinese or Korean market.
Nothing on this jacket is remotely like any other North face jacket that i own. Sorry Woot.

mischievousmendy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mischievousmendy

Sizing is way off. Way, way off! I can wear an XL and have it big enough to fit over a sweatshirt. Noting that the sizes might not be correct I ordered up, XXL, and this jacket fits like a med-large. Sleeves are ok, ok in the shoulders, but really off everywhere else. I just tried on a XL North Face jacket at a store and it fit wonderfully perfect. This one, nope. I contacted customer service.

yellowspeed

found a flyer for the this website in my shipment, I think this is where the buyer got them from... proozy.com.

SuperMom66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperMom66

Bought this for a Christmas gift for a male. XL should be the perfect fit for him. First comment was that the zipper was backwards which screamed woman's coat to me. AND it is very snug on him! The sizing is way small for an XL.
Shame on you WOOT / Amazon!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

SuperMom66 wrote:Bought this for a Christmas gift for a male. XL should be the perfect fit for him. First comment was that the zipper was backwards which screamed woman's coat to me. AND it is very snug on him! The sizing is way small for an XL.
Shame on you WOOT / Amazon!!

I'm very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.