WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How protective of your phone number are you?
  • 8.4% - I'll give my phone number out to anyone. 49
  • 54.8% - I don't mind giving out my number, but I'm selective. 320
  • 35.8% - Very protective. Close friends and family only. 209
  • 1% - I don't have a phone. 6
584 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Far more protective than Jenny.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

therubbrduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therubbrduck

until 2 years ago I was on the don't have a phone list, however now nobody asks for it since I never had one before.

lance6270

quality posts: 43 Private Messages lance6270
bestsportnascar wrote:Far more protective than Jenny.

HEHEHEHE only us older folks would get that LOL ;)

x38
x2

lolamarya

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lolamarya

I don't even give my number to coworkers, unless we're actually friends. I go back and forth between hating most people and just not wanting to be bothered with most people. And I usually leave my ringer off because I don't want to be called, yet my phone stays on me all the time.

stevenmgregory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenmgregory
lolamarya wrote:I don't even give my number to coworkers, unless we're actually friends. I go back and forth between hating most people and just not wanting to be bothered with most people. And I usually leave my ringer off because I don't want to be called, yet my phone stays on me all the time.

LOL! I am EXACTLY the same way! Well, I might be worse since even most of the coworkers I consider friends don't have my number. Heck, my mom is lucky if I pick up when she calls!

stevenmgregory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenmgregory

Now that song's going to be in my head all weekend!

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
lance6270 wrote:HEHEHEHE only us older folks would get that LOL ;)

HEHEHEHE
Jokes on you. BSN is only 30ish.

joded

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joded

GOT IT .

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bestsportnascar
stevenmgregory wrote:Now that song's going to be in my head all weekend!

You're welcome

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eratosthenes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Eratosthenes

I never really considered it a thing to be protective of, but as of 4 months ago I have a reeeeeeally public job and have suddenly become a lot more selective with who gets my number.

sgraz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgraz

I might give out my VOIP number, BUT I am VERY particular about when I answer it, I usually let it go to voicemail. That usually weeds out scum, they don't leave a message. If they call again, they are blocked. Only people close to me get my cell number.

terrellster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrellster

If I gave out my phone number to everyone that asked for it, the company I work for would be getting free use of my cell phone all he time. I don't have a long list of friends, so I don't need to give out my number much at all. Generally speaking. My phone is there for me and my Wife, not many other people. It ring only when it's necessary even from my wife.
Like said above, My phone rarely gets picked up unless I am expecting a call, and I have the phone on me or near me 24/7.

In these tech times. Your phone is not just your phone. It's your camera, your computer, your calculator, your resource center, daytimer and so much more it becomes pretty important to have it after you get used to having one.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I have my phone set up to only ring only for numbers in my contact list.
If people know/need me, they will leave a message or text me.
I need a Caller ID to call someone back instead of “France.” France calls a lot, probably really Russia.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz

I run a business, so everyone knows my number. My home and business numbers are on the same line, but with the home number being a distinctive ring. Now that number, I only give to people for whom I will actually answer the phone after hours.

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

Nobody wants my number so it's rather irrelevant

kathleen1966

quality posts: 34 Private Messages kathleen1966

I had mine unlisted and even unpublished due to a specific person we needed out of our lives...my brother in law hands out our number like it's candy (facepalm)

#LoVE

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

I don't know why I still have a landline. Every time it rings, I look at it and go "Who the hell is that?", let the machine pick up and it's always a nuisance call, telemarketer or scammer.

My cell phone never rings.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

robgnts5611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robgnts5611

8675309.....hey, you’re right!