Top 14% of Woot.com Woots
Top 10% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

HP EliteBook 745-G3 14" A8 128GB Notebook
Price: $339.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Dec 04 to Tuesday, Dec 05) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/24/2017 - $339.99 (Woot-off)

notalwaysso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages notalwaysso

Looks like no HDMI.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

notalwaysso wrote:Looks like no HDMI.

It has DisplayPort though so you can get an adapter to go to HDMI.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

JimmyMacMA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JimmyMacMA

I have one of the Intel versions of this laptop issued by my company. As mentioned, it has DisplayPort, which can be easily adapted to HDMI. It also supports Miracast/Wireless Display too.

acraigl

quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
JimmyMacMA wrote:I have one of the Intel versions of this laptop issued by my company. As mentioned, it has DisplayPort, which can be easily adapted to HDMI. It also supports Miracast/Wireless Display too.

Considering. How's the performance?
I just picked up an Asus Vivobook which seems pretty good save for the fact the fan comes on all the time and doesn't have a backlit keyboard. Otherwise the specs are very similar.

That said I'm still within the return window so if this has an edge over the Asus model above, I'd be interested in hearing the feedback.

VOTE >

rando303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rando303

I purchased the same, or similar HP EliteBook through woot about a year ago. It came without a charger. After discussing it with woot they couldn't ship a charger to me, so refunded some amount of money, less than it cost to buy a charger.

The Notebook itself is good. It's obviously not a powerhouse, but its small size makes it easy to carry around the house for watching shows, working on documents and code, and other general purpose uses. It can play some games just fine, so long as they don't have high/any graphics requirements, such as Dwarf Fortress, RimWorld, Simple Planes, and any old DOS games from GOG.com.

jeffiekins

quality posts: 62 Private Messages jeffiekins
ThunderThighs wrote:It has DisplayPort though so you can get an adapter to go to HDMI.

...and it's less than $10 (if you don't get ripped off).

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 27 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

summerwind4318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages summerwind4318

Anyone know what the battery life is on this laptop?

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090
ThunderThighs wrote:It has DisplayPort though so you can get an adapter to go to HDMI.

I like using the DP-HDMI cables vs the adapters- the adapters end up sticking out too far. This 6ft cable is $8.50

Cablor Gold Plated DP1.2 DisplayPort to HDMI Cable,1080P Full HD Video,Black Color 6ft/1.8M

kozynferg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kozynferg

The keyboard had non-standard keys between the standard keys and the enter and shift keys.

I know this will mess with me when typing.

You can see what I mean by magnifying the image of the keyboard.

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090

This isn't bad for the price. Full HD screen, backlit keyboard, 8GB RAM is appropriate, 1YR HP warranty, this AMD CPU is comparable to an I3. SSD - although 128GB is a little small.

14" and 4Lbs makes it pretty portable form factor between standard laptop and ultrabook.Good student/everyday laptop. It may do some light gaming in low resolution, but don't buy this for gaming, and not the best choice for video-editing/rendering either.

notalwaysso

quality posts: 2 Private Messages notalwaysso

Nice Call.

gak0090 wrote:I like using the DP-HDMI cables vs the adapters- the adapters end up sticking out too far. This 6ft cable is $8.50

Cablor Gold Plated DP1.2 DisplayPort to HDMI Cable,1080P Full HD Video,Black Color 6ft/1.8M

whaleymn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whaleymn

[quote postid="7284959" user="gak0090"]I like using the DP-HDMI cables vs the adapters- the adapters end up sticking out too far. This 6ft cable is $8.50

Thank you for this post. Been looking for a non adaptor solution!

JimmyMacMA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JimmyMacMA
gak0090 wrote: SSD - although 128GB is a little small.

You should be able to install a 2nd hard drive or SSD in this. Mine is the 840-G3 version (Intel), but appears to be exactly the same chassis. I installed a 2nd SSD inside mine for work.

jthomas61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthomas61

In case this happens to anyone else, the USB C port didn't work until I updated the BIOS from version 1.08 to 1.20.