WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pioneer Elite Network Stereo Receiver

Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 26% of Woot.com Woots
Top 15% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 18% of Woot.com Woots
Top 13% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Pioneer Elite Network Stereo Receiver
Price: $299.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Dec 04 to Tuesday, Dec 05) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

XterraGuy


quality posts: 8 Private Messages XterraGuy

No HDMI at all? Hell naw.

ephraimnyc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ephraimnyc
XterraGuy wrote:No HDMI at all? Hell naw.



Lmao

JBOYYY


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JBOYYY

I DOUBT IT REALLY REQUIRES 220 VAC INPUT POWER ???

SelfGovern


quality posts: 7 Private Messages SelfGovern
JBOYYY wrote:I DOUBT IT REALLY REQUIRES 220 VAC INPUT POWER ???


I doubt you require your caps lock key on.

Liberty breeds responsibility

kdieudon01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdieudon01
XterraGuy wrote:No HDMI at all? Hell naw.


Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with HDMI inputs. The standard is asynchronous (no clock), so there tends to be pops, skips, etc. Bluetooth, OTOH, doesn't appear to suffer from this. I don't see lack of HDMI as a deal killer.

ksheeha1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksheeha1

No HDMi is a "no go" for me.

rapidlink


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rapidlink
kdieudon01 wrote:Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with HDMI inputs. The standard is asynchronous (no clock), so there tends to be pops, skips, etc. Bluetooth, OTOH, doesn't appear to suffer from this. I don't see lack of HDMI as a deal killer.



But, unless you’re gonna tap your dryer or stove outlet for power, the 220-230V supply requirement just might be the deal killer for this Woot, at least in the USA.

tobyboy11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tobyboy11
XterraGuy wrote:No HDMI at all? Hell naw.



I thought the same thing

tommytutone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommytutone
rapidlink wrote:But, unless you’re gonna tap your dryer or stove outlet for power, the 220-230V supply requirement just might be the deal killer for this Woot, at least in the USA.



Or, just zoom in on the pic of the back of the receiver and see clearly where it says "120V".

elvi007


quality posts: 8 Private Messages elvi007
tommytutone wrote:Or, just zoom in on the pic of the back of the receiver and see clearly where it says "120V".



They can't do that. Then they couldn't whine.

agentfox1942


quality posts: 5 Private Messages agentfox1942
XterraGuy wrote:No HDMI at all? Hell naw.



it's not a A/V receiver. It's only 2-channel stereo. Why would it need an HDMI?

billypuppy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy
agentfox1942 wrote:it's not a A/V receiver. It's only 2-channel stereo. Why would it need an HDMI?



They need an HDMI cable because they don't have a toslink cable. I'm sure that they would also complain when they discover that this receiver doesn't have Dolby digital processing. This is a marvelous product that is designed primarily for audio playback, not for video integration.

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

dadrepus


quality posts: 7 Private Messages dadrepus

This is too expensive even at the discounted price. It says "Elite" but the specs don't ".1% Harmonic Distortion" is not elite specs. Pass on this.

jjeff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjeff

No HDMI, pass for me!
Oh BTW I wouldn't let the 220v thing deter you, if the lack of HDMI hasn't already, this seems to be a dual voltage device, will work equally well in N. America as well as 220v areas like Europe

rtdeyfughijokiolpjiuhytgr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtdeyfughijokiolpjiuhytgr


To the "No HDMI" crowd:
This is a stereo receiver, it has no video processing whatsoever. If you look at the features, it's clearly 100% audiocentric.
This is an Onkyo clone- ever since Onkyo bought Pioneer, all of the Pioneer receivers are made by Onkyo with a Pioneer face and nameplate.
I have the first generation of this from 2011- TX-NR8050- It sounds great, drives any speakers I hook up to it and hardly even gets warm. The problem is that if you buy this for the networking features, you'll be disappointed, because most of it changes all the time, but Onkyo will stop providing FW updates within a couple of years of its life- My receiver came with over 8 different online services including Pandora, Spotify, Slacker and many others- the only remaining working apps are Pandora and Slacker.

ghughes1138


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ghughes1138
billypuppy wrote:They need an HDMI cable because they don't have a toslink cable. I'm sure that they would also complain when they discover that this receiver doesn't have Dolby digital processing. This is a marvelous product that is designed primarily for audio playback, not for video integration.



There appear to be two toslink inputs and two coax digital inputs.

Knoxjj007


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Knoxjj007
JBOYYY wrote:I DOUBT IT REALLY REQUIRES 220 VAC INPUT POWER ???



220, 221, whatever it takes.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kxAA2L4Q

rafty78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafty78

I still have a Sony set up from the 70's so know absolutely nothing about current equipment. Do you need speakers with this receiver? I am probably ditching my 5 disk CD player so no need for connections. Help!

aforrest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aforrest
rafty78 wrote:I still have a Sony set up from the 70's so know absolutely nothing about current equipment. Do you need speakers with this receiver? I am probably ditching my 5 disk CD player so no need for connections. Help!



Yes you have to connect speakers to this receiver. It's just basically an amplifier. You connect a sound source to it, it makes the signal bigger, and then it sends the signal to the speakers you connect to it.

LeeLorenzSr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeeLorenzSr

Why do they still make stereo receivers? What is the point?

I guess if you still get excited over vinyl records maybe restricting yourself to stereo is your thing, but if that's the case, wouldn't you want to go for a tube amp and pre-amp?

rafty78


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rafty78
aforrest wrote:Yes you have to connect speakers to this receiver. It's just basically an amplifier. You connect a sound source to it, it makes the signal bigger, and then it sends the signal to the speakers you connect to it.



Thank you!

roadijeff


quality posts: 2 Private Messages roadijeff

I want something that interfaces with my Amazon Echo (Alexa). I don't think this will do it.

mikemiracle


quality posts: 14 Private Messages mikemiracle

Wait, where's the dual cassette deck?

wootnowbrowncow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootnowbrowncow
elvi007 wrote:They can't do that. Then they couldn't whine.



And yet, how nice if they could just get the basic description right making looking at the back of the receiver unnecessary. Whining, I don't think so...

Mapsguy1955


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mapsguy1955

Will it work with my Pioneer 8 track recorder?

weblair


quality posts: 0 Private Messages weblair
roadijeff wrote:I want something that interfaces with my Amazon Echo (Alexa). I don't think this will do it.



Sure it will - you can connect it via Bluetooth.