WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you going to get a real Christmas tree this year?
  • 16.8% - Yes, I already have one 85
  • 8.1% - Yes, I'm going to get one soon 41
  • 9.7% - No, I usually get one- but I'm not going to this year 49
  • 65.4% - No, I never get one 331
506 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

I'll just leave out a bowl of ornaments and sprinkle tinsel around... or just put my Festivus pole up.

As the holiday greeting goes:
"Have a Festivus."

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

I got my last real tree sixteen years ago, I'm still finding needles.

peaceetc

quality posts: 68 Private Messages peaceetc

Dude, is anything real or is it all an illusion?

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70
PocketBrain wrote:I'll just leave out a bowl of ornaments and sprinkle tinsel around... or just put my Festivus pole up.

As the holiday greeting goes:
"Have a Festivus."

Festivus for the rest of us. Is this when we can air our grievances?

lionheartsails

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionheartsails

Heading to High Star Chirstmas Tree Farm to cut down our own tree next week.

clippermg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clippermg

Define "REAL." I've put up a synthetic tree every year, but it does really exist and I cover it every year with ornaments that I've acquired over the years, so every year my tree is decorated with memories. I can't see cutting down a tree every year just to have it in the house for a month, only to be taken out to the curb for pickup. It seems so wasteful to me.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I buy a real cut one every year, got two this year.

Now I have to get that chainsaw out and give a fresh cut. Never done it but that is why I bought a battery one.
I also decorated several real artificial trees.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal
clippermg wrote:Define "REAL." I've put up a synthetic tree every year, but it does really exist and I cover it every year with ornaments that I've acquired over the years, so every year my tree is decorated with memories. I can't see cutting down a tree every year just to have it in the house for a month, only to be taken out to the curb for pickup. It seems so wasteful to me.

I can see your point but they are grown for that purpose and the tree growers depend on the ones who want one.
It puts food on their table, so not a waste.
And the smell, ahhh!
I cut up the truck and create art with the disks.

Lahmacun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lahmacun

I know its sad but the fact is I never had a Christmas tree... ohh wait I am a Muslim

cainemarko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko
Lahmacun wrote:I know its sad but the fact is I never had a Christmas tree... ohh wait I am a Muslim

I don't think the tree part is dependent on Christianity. At this point, it's pretty secular.

Plus I would hazard a guess that most people celebrating Halloween aren't Christian either, and certainly not Celtic.

So by all means, put up a big ol' fire hazar... I mean tree. It's fun.

peaceetc

quality posts: 68 Private Messages peaceetc
Lahmacun wrote:I know its sad but the fact is I never had a Christmas tree... ohh wait I am a Muslim

Makes sense.

I'm an atheist and I do Christmas, I just don't pay any attention to the religious aspect of it. I like the pretty decorations and lights.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
bblhed wrote:I got my last real tree sixteen years ago, I'm still finding needles.

I found plenty of needles from our old artificial tree. That's when I made my husband throw it out. We have since upgraded to 2 smaller pre-lit trees. I put one in the front window & one in the family room so I can enjoy it until we go to visit the grandkids for Christmas. They have a real tree and it is huge!