Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

AcuRite 02032 Pro 5-in-1 Weather Station
Price: $84.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Dec 05 to Wednesday, Dec 06) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

jaburg

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jaburg

Not a bad deal at all for a new one. I paid only about $10 less than that for a refurb from someone else.

BTW, this is an EXCELLENT starter station for someone. Easy to set up and add yourself to the Weather Underground. Very cool to see your station's name on the weather map at Wundergound!

I put mine on top of a 12-foot 4X4, sunk in the middle of my garden out back. You have to mount it away from structures (wind gets blocked otherwise) but this thing has amazing range to the base. Connecting the base to your wi-fi is as easy as installing an app.

Highly recommend!

fishintx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fishintx

Bought one of these and had 2 warranty issues within a year. Thankfully I bought the extended warranty and got my money back. My new Davis weather station is flawless.

Maui19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maui19

I've had nothing but problems with this. Buyer beware.

kaizen61

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaizen61

I have had one of these in place for three years on my roof and it's holding up excellent. I installed lithium batteries and they are still working great! No issues.

But be aware that the viewing angle on the display is extremely shallow and it can only be seen pretty much straight on. Other than that no complaints.

SANDR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SANDR

I bought one of these two years ago. The fan that cools the outside temp sensor failed almost immediately, so the temp was 7-10 degrees too high. They sent me an upgraded fan to install and that was better. Then the rain gauge quit working--just keeps getting stuck. Bottom line is I would not buy one again.

mepher

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mepher

Thanks for the heads up from people. Have been wanting to get a weather station at some point, but haven't done the brand research, so will skip this one for now.

slang67

quality posts: 9 Private Messages slang67

I got the model with the monochrome display over the summer during the Birthday Woot-Off.

Loving mine so far! Not sure if the color display has the same issue, but the monochrome display is really hard to read if you're not looking at it at the right angle.

I bought some black pipe and pounded that into the ground and mounted the station on that. So, it's only 6' off the ground, but it works. I just don't have "accurate" wind speeds as it's not 30+' off the ground, but I'm more interested in the wind speeds at human level.

I hope to get it online so I can check it via my phone and computer, but have to either get their hub, or find out how to use Raspberry Pi to have a 24/7 internet connection for it. (Otherwise you have to leave it hooked up to your computer 24/7)

B33ler's Offlce #1 11/9/17 B33ler's Office #2 11/20/17 CrapCrapCr@ppv33nt 12/20/17

dapcoinc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dapcoinc

Heads up. Description states it will indicates wind direction on compass rose. Video does not mention wind direction. Wind speed without direction is useless.

[MOD: It does give wind direction. You can see it on the dial at the top-center of the display.]

D A Pashkow

maintenancefree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maintenancefree

We recently purchased the AcuRite 01057RM station available on Woot in November. Installation was a breeze (no pun intended) although we had to drill out the mounting holes so we could add it to our instrument cluster pole. The device has worked flawlessly although the display screen has a glitch that I will have to address wit the vendor. Adding it to WU was a two step process but easy as well.

One thing I will note with THIS model is the apparent absence of the Smart Hub. I am not sure if this model doesn't require it however most Accurites need the Smart Hub unit to connect to your IP network connectivity (needed for that Android Ap and WU assessibility).

Some clarification here may be in order.

jwzimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwzimm
maintenancefree wrote:We recently purchased the AcuRite 01057RM station available on Woot in November. Installation was a breeze (no pun intended) although we had to drill out the mounting holes so we could add it to our instrument cluster pole. The device has worked flawlessly although the display screen has a glitch that I will have to address wit the vendor. Adding it to WU was a two step process but easy as well.

One thing I will note with THIS model is the apparent absence of the Smart Hub. I am not sure if this model doesn't require it however most Accurites need the Smart Hub unit to connect to your IP network connectivity (needed for that Android Ap and WU assessibility).

My research on this shows that you can connect the display to an always-on and internet connected computer via a USB cable. You can then use the AcuRITE software on that computer to upload your data for access via the app as well as feed it to WU. The SmartHUB is also an option and will allow you to upload the data without your own computer. The HUB attaches to your network via ethernet and uploads the data automatically. The only issue is that the SmartHUB is an additional $80.

For myself, I have a Mac Mini as an always-on server for my Plex library. I can use that as the server for the weather data as well. The problem I may face is that the Mini is located in my entertainment center. That means I would likely need to locate the display near my TV in order to connect the USB to the Mini. The display appears to be quite..."vibrant"...so I am worried it may distract from the TV. Worst case I can pick up a SmartHUB if it doesn't work out.

maintenancefree

jwzimm wrote:My research on this shows that you can connect the display to an always-on and internet connected computer via a USB cable. You can then use the AcuRITE software on that computer to upload your data for access via the app as well as feed it to WU. The SmartHUB is also an option and will allow you to upload the data without your own computer. The HUB attaches to your network via ethernet and uploads the data automatically. The only issue is that the SmartHUB is an additional $80.

For myself, I have a Mac Mini as an always-on server for my Plex library. I can use that as the server for the weather data as well. The problem I may face is that the Mini is located in my entertainment center. That means I would likely need to locate the display near my TV in order to connect the USB to the Mini. The display appears to be quite..."vibrant"...so I am worried it may distract from the TV. Worst case I can pick up a SmartHUB if it doesn't work out.

It's pretty bright alight. It automatically dims by 30% after dark but even still...I moved ours to the adjacent buffet table for that very reason.

AcuRiteJenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AcuRiteJenny
maintenancefree wrote:

Hello! You are correct that this, 02032 weather station, does not include the Smart Hub. However it does feature PC Connect, which allows a user to connect the display directly to their PC and enjoy all of the same features as a Smart Hub including communication with WU.

jsgraber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsgraber

Does this unit require WiFi to connect to in order to get data from the station to the reader? My dad would love something like this, but has no WiFi at his house.

maintenancefree

jsgraber wrote:Does this unit require WiFi to connect to in order to get data from the station to the reader? My dad would love something like this, but has no WiFi at his house.

WIFI or network connectivity is not needed if you are not interested in the android/ WU capabilities (remote access). Instead, the devices use one of three available channels to transmit the data (RF) and have a distance of about 300 feet from the station to the receiving unit.

jwzimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwzimm
maintenancefree wrote:It's pretty bright alight. It automatically dims by 30% after dark but even still...I moved ours to the adjacent buffet table for that very reason.

One option I am considering if the display is too garish is to order a secondary display like this one: https://www.acurite.com/add-on-display-with-pc-connect-for-5-in-1-sensor-data-1035rx.html

It has PC Connect capability and if you turn off the backlight should not be very obtrusive at all. Also, it is listed on sale for $65 right now so it is cheaper than the SmartHUB anyway.

My big issue right now is determining the best way to mount the sensor. I live in a 3-story townhouse with no yard. I want to mount it above the roofline but getting up there is tricky to say the least.

andrexh3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrexh3

Received my unit today, very concerned since the came from the returns department and it is supposed to be new. Seal was already broken on the tape that declared it was a complete unit so not really sure everything is in there. Disappointed in Woot right now

woot4jam

quality posts: 6 Private Messages woot4jam
andrexh3 wrote:Received my unit today, very concerned since the came from the returns department and it is supposed to be new. Seal was already broken on the tape that declared it was a complete unit so not really sure everything is in there. Disappointed in Woot right now

+1, Ditto.

Seal broke on mine as well.

Also disappointed as it is obvs not new.

signature available upon request

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

woot4jam wrote:+1, Ditto.

Seal broke on mine as well.

Also disappointed as it is obvs not new.

I'm very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items