WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot is delighted to announce the launch of Gourmet.Woot on January 1st!

Gourmet.Woot will be your favorite stop for excellent spices, cheeses, oils & vinegars, sweets, accessories, and more. In addition to being a project that we're so excited to bring to our customers, we're also really hoping that Gourmet.Woot will improve the quality of our office snacks.

David Studdert and the team at Wine Country Connect (WCC) will be in charge of sourcing these delicious gems. That’s right! It’s the same team that has brought you great wines and gourmet foods since 2006. The only difference is that now you'll have to provide your own wine.

WCC works closely with the gourmet companies to bring you great deals. They also provide fulfillment logistics support and act as a liaison between us and the gourmet company. We will also still accept Amazon Pay on Gourmet.Woot.

Of course, this means that we'll also have to say goodbye to Wine.Woot. To find out more about how and why Wine.Woot is shutting down (and to learn about where else you can buy wine online), please go here. And if you're really heartbroken about losing Wine.Woot, we recommend drowning your sorrows in some tasty gourmet treats!

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1

Lolz

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun

Welp, there goes my wallet.

I think I bought more non-wine items from wine.woot anyways, so I'm pretty excited about this.

chuckf1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chuckf1

Woot, with this gourmet stuff, are you putting on airs? I sure hope not.

work2live

quality posts: 0 Private Messages work2live

I have bought wine and not wine from wine woot but I am curious why the wine part is going away, it is a shame as it had great deals. The link didn't work for me, it directed to a page that couldn't load for some reason.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

work2live wrote:I have bought wine and not wine from wine woot but I am curious why the wine part is going away, it is a shame as it had great deals. The link didn't work for me, it directed to a page that couldn't load for some reason.

You can read about wine.woot over here.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

You need to sell the healthy stuff like beer, bacon & sausages.

drewcroa

quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa
daveinwarshington wrote:You need to sell the healthy stuff like beer, bacon & sausages.

Mmmmmmmmm bacon.woot.com

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
daveinwarshington wrote:You need to sell the healthy stuff like beer, bacon & sausages.

Yeah! And lots of salted caramel candy.

Wine was never able to be shipped to my state anyway, so I will be fine with the change. Sorry to all you Wine Wooters who will be losing out.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

hot72chev wrote:Yeah! And lots of salted caramel candy.

Wine was never able to be shipped to my state anyway, so I will be fine with the change. Sorry to all you Wine Wooters who will be losing out.

I finally got to try some of the salted caramel that everyone raves about yesterday. It was amazing! I can't wait for it to be on sale again so I can order some for my house

kogaku

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kogaku

Please bring back the pistachios!

kathleen1966

quality posts: 36 Private Messages kathleen1966
kogaku wrote:Please bring back the pistachios!

YES!

#LoVE

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Oh.. Since buying Whole Foods, Woot had to give up the wine biz. Makes a lot of since to give that over to the new kid on the block. Also you get to sell some gourmet items that they deem "Wootable" Business decision that makes perfect sense.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Marcusx70 wrote:Oh.. Since buying Whole Foods, Woot had to give up the wine biz. Makes a lot of since to give that over to the new kid on the block. Also you get to sell some gourmet items that they deem "Wootable" Business decision that makes perfect sense.

It wasn't by choice. There were legal things.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

kathleen1966

quality posts: 36 Private Messages kathleen1966

I'm really excited about this too! Can't wait to see what the buyers come up with! Hopefully some way cool coffee's and yummo stuff!

#LoVE

rmalloy52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmalloy52

Boo, Hiss, bad Woot on not offering wine anymore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rmalloy52 wrote:Boo, Hiss, bad Woot on not offering wine anymore.

Believe, we would have loved to keep it. read more here

apatge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apatge

Not a happy wine drinker here.

Patricia J George

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Well, it was fun while it lasted. So long, and thanks for all the wine!

My final drink of 2017, and first of 2018.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

amazonkilledwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazonkilledwoot

This is just dumb. I don't want gourmet shit from Woot. I only came here for the wine. Mark the day that Amazon ruined Woot...it was 2 days ago.

ThunderThighs

Staff

You went to all that trouble to create a new account with what you thought was a great name and we go and truncate it. Dang.

Anyway, there was no choice. There's more info here

Narfcake

quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

amazonkilledwoot wrote:This is just dumb. I don't want gourmet shit from Woot. I only came here for the wine. Mark the day that Amazon ruined Woot...it was 2 days ago.

Soooo ... 15 copies of this?

I Miss the Old Woot

... or 15 copies of this?

Never Shopping at Woot Again

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

amazonkilledwoot wrote:This is just dumb. I don't want gourmet shit from Woot. I only came here for the wine. Mark the day that Amazon ruined Woot...it was 2 days ago.

I dunno. I mean reports vary. Some say Amazon ruined Woot in 2010 right after acquisition. Some say it was after the category expansion. Some say Amazon started its process of ruining Woot much earlier. Others said it was when Deals.Woot went away. I think we need better criteria around what "ruined" means, when that "ruination" commenced, and at what point we passed the "ruin" threshold to truly mark the correct day.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
wajeremy wrote:I dunno. I mean reports vary. Some say Amazon ruined Woot in 2010 right after acquisition. Some say it was after the category expansion. Some say Amazon started its process of ruining Woot much earlier. Others said it was when Deals.Woot went away. I think we need better criteria around what "ruined" means, when that "ruination" commenced, and at what point we passed the "ruin" threshold to truly mark the correct day.

How about on the day that Jeff and Matt first spoke to each other about a possible acquisition?

It would encompass all possible alternative possibilities.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:I dunno. I mean reports vary. Some say Amazon ruined Woot in 2010 right after acquisition. Some say it was after the category expansion. Some say Amazon started its process of ruining Woot much earlier. Others said it was when Deals.Woot went away. I think we need better criteria around what "ruined" means, when that "ruination" commenced, and at what point we passed the "ruin" threshold to truly mark the correct day.

it was the day they got rid of the !!!s

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Maybe when they hired you?! LOL

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

moles1138 wrote:Maybe when they hired you?! LOL

Be nice ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
Narfcake wrote:Be nice ...

Oooooooh. Whadda you gon' do? Ban them from buying wine?

Only teasing, don't ban me, bro.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:Oooooooh. Whadda you gon' do? Ban them from buying wine?

Only teasing, don't ban me, bro.

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe

Take a deep breath everybody.

Ok. Now exhale.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

mutch5288

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutch5288

Pennsylvania is so awesome that we don't believe in internet wine sales, etc. (even though we're a state with the highest consumption of alcohol) and only just now are getting alcohol sales allowed in grocery stores and gas stations.......soooo I never got to enjoy wine.woot =(

x1
x1

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

moles1138 wrote:Maybe when they hired you?! LOL

*looks for Bet on Cold code
*adds if (user==moles1138) eternalVestibule(orderRequest);

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
wajeremy wrote:

*looks for Bet on Cold code
*adds if (user==moles1138) eternalVestibule(orderRequest);

Seems like I already was after the last couple attempts.

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11

As much as it sucks that Woot had to stop selling Wine, it makes my heart happy that they found a way to keep selling the other tasty things on there, and most importantly keep the community existent (I'm sure some users will stop being active in protest, but it's something).

From this week, it looks like they've had some good stuff for sale.

GGCO

quality posts: 6 Private Messages GGCO

I would think you could go back and track some of your records and find Woot people who have spent a great deal of money and watch when sales slid. I've been around for years - at least since 2005 based on a quick search.

My 2017 purchases are lower than any year prior. I used to spend a LOT of money with Woot, but there is simply no appeal any more.

I could expand, but why? Amazon owns Woot and Amazon understands data and logarithms more than anyone reading this post.

If Amazon wants Woot to thrive, Woot will thrive. It sure feels as though Amazon bought Woot to contain it, not to grow it.

Just another Wooter

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

(Remember, I'm not staff and this post does not represent Woot itself in any way. It is strictly my own thoughts.)

GGCO wrote:... I could expand, but why? Amazon owns Woot and Amazon understands data and logarithms more than anyone reading this post.

Alas, that's all they mainly understand.

Selling something as "the world's crappiest" doesn't work under Amazon because it's completely unconventional, and aspects like the interaction and general fandom become secondary, not primary. Woot attracted folks who weren't necessarily wanting to buy but just to watch. And some of that turns into "This is completely stupid. I'm in for 3." Likewise, the "I don't need this but it's so cheap!" deals. Margins wrecked? Sure, but it kept folks coming and talking about it.

Compare that to the "sales analysis dictate ..." direction these days. The spectacles that used to be made aren't around now. There are still deals to be found, but no longer are we talking "impulse buy at midnight"; most now fall under "it's a bit cheaper than others".

The old Woot didn't care about metrics. Decisions were made by dartboards and magic 8 balls. They did things "because we could". And that doesn't happen now. Woot became "generic".

---
There are plenty of great folks still working here to keep some of the weirdness going on. As a Vol.Mod, I'm still happy to help out and watch things over whenever I'm visiting. But I can't and won't deny that Woot has changed under Amazon ownership/management.

tervel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tervel

BOOOOOOOO!

there is no spoon.

ThunderThighs

Staff

tervel wrote:BOOOOOOOO!

Well, that was insightful. Thank you.

stillwingy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stillwingy

I actually came to Woot because of the wine offering when launched many moons ago #totalwino
I too have seen my interest wane, this past year especially. For those who are interested in good deal on wine I switched over to and highly recommend the WTSO app. And if you can ship to your place of business you can bypass state laws restricting shipments of alcohol.

djfurci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djfurci

The Empire Strikes Back...

WhatTheWhat?