Back to Amazon.com

321doctortran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 321doctortran

So short story, I linked my amazon account to my woot account that was made with a college email I no longer have access to. I want to switch the email to my amazon's but do not have the old password and can't log in my old email to recover it. I am only able to log into this account through my amazon's credentials. Tried contacting customer service but will not do anything for security reasons.

qazxswe

quality posts: 17 Private Messages qazxswe

So oddly enough, a sort of similar thing happened to me.

This account is connected to my Amazon account which was originally set up with an email address which no longer exists. I was able to switch the email address of the Amazon account, but while I can login to this account and make purchases, I do not get any emails whatsoever (because the Woot email address its no longer around).

Anyways, TT told me to message her with the details when I had this issue, and the simple answer right now is that developer team has been trying to figure stuff out to fix this kind of issue.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi there. As qazxswe noted above, it's a known problem.

Thing is that data is put away in a black box that can't be touched by anyone. This is for your security and you're the only one that can change it.

This causes a problem when a password is forgotten and the email is no longer accessible. We have a plan to resolve this but there's no quick fix.

Now, all that said, I can help you with the CS issue.

Pls private message me with the details, order number, etc. Also, what email they should use to contact you. I'll contact CS.

To private message me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To check your PMs, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items