Top 8% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

FitDesk New Models
Price: $99.99 - 199.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jan 04 to Friday, Jan 05) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I have this FitDesk. I'm 6'2"ish and above their max weight and it has no issues with me on it. The only issue is making myself get on it regularly... The seat isn't the most comfortable, but Amazon sells their adapter that lets you use any bicycle style seat for cheap

phr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages phr

The desk one should come with a generator that powers your computer when you pedal it. That would make sure you keep pedaling and exercising. There could be some online games where you'd win by pedalling harder to make your computer run faster. Heh.

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1

Instead of buying this and donating it around May... $204 will buy a needy person about 2 1/2 months of Happy Meals.

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

evld99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evld99

The "Gearbox" which is really just a band box gets very noisy then loses resistance in a year. I'm on my third one now just going into my third year. Their customer service always pushes back trying to put blame on the user. They also charge you for shipping and the cheap stamped tools for warranty replacement parts ($55 to ship in warranty gearbox). Look at Amazon reviews with all the same issues.

I don't hate the thing because it is nice when it works but I do now think of it as a disposable bike. I gave it a 3 star review on Amazon.

judyshome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judyshome
Woody1 wrote:Instead of buying this and donating it around May... $204 will buy a needy person about 2 1/2 months of Happy Meals.

r. Once they eat the Happy Meals they're going to need this cycle.

EvansMRichard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvansMRichard

Remember what happened to that guy that ate McDonalds for 30 days straight? You really wanna go down that road? lol

Woody1 wrote:Instead of buying this and donating it around May... $204 will buy a needy person about 2 1/2 months of Happy Meals.

quackinup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quackinup
EvansMRichard wrote:Remember what happened to that guy that ate McDonalds for 30 days straight? You really wanna go down that road? lol

Yeah, he made a movie that grossed over 11 million dollars. I’ll take that road lol

disgruntledlurker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages disgruntledlurker
EvansMRichard wrote:Remember what happened to that guy that ate McDonalds for 30 days straight? You really wanna go down that road? lol

I don't know, it sounds pretty good to me: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-lose-weight-eating-only-mcdonalds-2015-10

majohnso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majohnso

While I don't have either of these models, I have an older iteration of the under-desk version.

It's simple enough to use but there are many more negatives for me with it than positives.

Pros: Gets your legs moving.

Cons:
- Only really usable on the lower couple gears. The higher resistance is really high for sitting at a desk.
- I'm 6'1" and my desk only has 28" of space under it. I have to really recline back to be able to use the fitdesk without hitting my knees.
- If you have a chair with wheels it's nearly impossible to use the fitdesk and stay in one place. The resistance of the peddler will constantly push you backwards in your chair and you will have to continually readjust and pull yourself forward.
- It's pretty bulky, to be honest. The base is nearly 3' long.
- I don't use it enough to really see a benefit. I get more benefit from just getting up and walking around for a couple minutes.

If a new year's resolution has you wondering if this is a good purchase, my recommendation is to use the money instead towards a gym membership and take advantage of the legitimate workout machines.

Kalianotherdamnuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kalianotherdamnuser
phr wrote:The desk one should come with a generator that powers your computer when you pedal it. That would make sure you keep pedaling and exercising. There could be some online games where you'd win by pedalling harder to make your computer run faster. Heh.

I have said this for YEARS. Or to power a tee vee.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 8 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

Well, it's not as easy as buy it in the store and bring it home, but there are definitely projects out there that do things like that

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cykill-a-Bike-Powered-Gaming-Console/

Maniac11919

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Maniac11919

To the Woot writers:

As a writer for a cycling company myself, I can assure you the following sentence is false:
"Nobody ever doped to ride an exercise bike."

In fact, there's a whole lingo associated with it: e-doping. Here's a link - http://www.crankpunk.com/blogs/crank-vid/item/979-e-doping-on-zwift.html