WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How long will you leave up your Christmas decorations?
  • 0% - I already took them down! 0
  • 0% - I'm taking them down this weekend. 0
  • 0% - They'll probably stay up for a few more weeks. 0
  • 0% - They'll be up until summer. 0
  • 0% - I'll just leave them up until next year. 0
  • 0% - I never put any up in the first place! 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

xvolution

quality posts: 30 Private Messages xvolution

Traditionally they go down the second day of January (they stay up until New Years is over).

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Indoor will be gone this weekend. Outdoor will be gone as soon as I have no snow/ice on the roof.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

RebelTaz

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz

I take them down on January 6th every year...

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
RebelTaz wrote:I take them down on January 6th every day.

Same here, outside lights are off after Epiphany. Indoor and tree will go this weekend.

bmr13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmr13

I still have a pumpkin on my patio

Coogles

quality posts: 47 Private Messages Coogles

My significant other thinks Christmas lights make the house look cheery so we leave some up year round. Most of them are below the level of the patio wall so you can only see a bit from the street. I've been up on a step ladder in the middle of July replacing strings of Christmas lights that finally burnt out.

jcctx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcctx

I keep trying to convince my family that it is bad luck to have Christmas decorations up after New Years. It doesn't always work but it did this year.

robfly3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robfly3

Usually decorations come down the day after Christmas, but this year we took them down the day of Christmas ... in the evening. Hey, Christmas is over. Let's move on. As they say, Christmas is over now I'm ready for summer!

ArtJDM

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArtJDM

I never really had a house to decorate before this year, but I'm going to leave them up until the Gregorian Calendar Christmas.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
robfly3 wrote:Usually decorations come down the day after Christmas, but this year we took them down the day of Christmas ... in the evening. Hey, Christmas is over. Let's move on. As they say, Christmas is over now I'm ready for summer!

We got busy and I didn't actually get the last ornament on until 11:45 Christmas Night.

browncj7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages browncj7

Christmas (25th) is this 1st day of Christmas (partridges and pair trees), not the last.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz
cm20158 wrote:Same here, outside lights are off after Epiphany. Indoor and tree will go this weekend.

I was wondering if anyone else would know the significance of that date.

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
browncj7 wrote:Christmas (25th) is this 1st day of Christmas (partridges and pair trees), not the last.

Exactly, so we don't take them down until January 6th, after the 12th day of Christmas.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
RebelTaz wrote:I take them down on January 6th every year...

Yes, after the 12th day of Christmas.

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

We only use organic natural decorations at our Commune that don't use any of the earth's resources. They usually decompose naturally within a couple weeks of being displayed.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Any weekend I won't turn into a icicle after Jan 1st.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

muse7mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muse7mom
RebelTaz wrote:I was wondering if anyone else would know the significance of that date.

I leave mine up until Epiphany/Twelfth Night but I'm a teacher so I might not be able to take them down until whatever weekend. No rush.

esclava

quality posts: 5 Private Messages esclava

I took down everything except for the lights inside. They're sparkly and I rather like them, so they might stay up permanently.

woozy99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages woozy99

I took advantage of the blizzard yesterday to get the inside decorations down.

The outside lights may stay up until Summer based on the current temperatures outside!

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11

I will DEFINITELY take them down before Valentine's Day ... probably.

mbspell

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell

today is 1/6 and it's all coming down.

CatCK

quality posts: 86 Private Messages CatCK

Part of de-Christmassing the place is taking everything outside to my storage area. As the temperature is finally above single-digits, maybe I'll finish it today.

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor
RebelTaz wrote:I was wondering if anyone else would know the significance of that date.

Since the limited decorations I managed to put up went on display Christmas Eve, I didn't choose to box them at Epiphany,

but it does pose the question: "Do you know why the Wise Men had ashes on their sandals when they got to Bethlehem?"

It says in the Bible.

They came from afar.

It did not say they came from a fur piece away........

What if there were no hypothetical questions?