Top 24% of Woot.com Woots
Top 18% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Apple iMac 21.5" Intel i5 1TB Desktops
Price: $789.99 - 889.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 08 to Tuesday, Jan 09) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/13/2017 - $789.99 - 889.9

patric9956

quality posts: 15 Private Messages patric9956

I'd say the retina display is easily worth the extra coin.

Kbene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kbene
patric9956 wrote:I'd say the retina display is easily worth the extra coin.

I totally agree. The difference is very apparant.

Kim T. Bene'

mcmoyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcmoyer

just be ready to add an external ssd to make this useable. The 5400 rpm spindle drive will make you see lots of beach balls

tonyholt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyholt

Is this a good price for the 2015 refurb? I'm running a mid 2007 iMac right now which is going strong, but wondering if it might be smart to upgrade at this price since this computer's demise is inevitable.

Also, any comments on screen size? Specifically I have a 24" model, wondering if going down to 21.5" will be a noticeable downgrade. I do do some graphic work on this machine and screen real estate is always nice for that. Thanks

k87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k87
tonyholt wrote:Is this a good price for the 2015 refurb? I'm running a mid 2007 iMac right now which is going strong, but wondering if it might be smart to upgrade at this price since this computer's demise is inevitable.

Also, any comments on screen size? Specifically I have a 24" model, wondering if going down to 21.5" will be a noticeable downgrade. I do do some graphic work on this machine and screen real estate is always nice for that. Thanks

I am not sure how well the Intel graphics will handle retina tbh...

vallejokid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vallejokid
tonyholt wrote:Is this a good price for the 2015 refurb? I'm running a mid 2007 iMac right now which is going strong, but wondering if it might be smart to upgrade at this price since this computer's demise is inevitable.

You and I have the exact same Mac. Upgraded to an SSD though last year and it was like a brand new machine. Keeping mine until something major happens. Only had to replace the power supply since I bought it as a refurb in 2009.

I personally will be dropping down to the smaller screen when I replace it, but if I more with it than basic photo editing I would keep the bigger screen.

room209

quality posts: 8 Private Messages room209
8GB of 1867MHz LPDDR3
(on-board, not upgradable

What the whaaat!?

pjc428

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjc428

Product description said 1 year warranty from Apple. I contacted Apple and they said warranty was started on the first date of retail purchase. So it no appears I do not have a Apple warranty.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pjc428 wrote:Product description said 1 year warranty from Apple. I contacted Apple and they said warranty was started on the first date of retail purchase. So it no appears I do not have a Apple warranty.

Try registering the computer on their site. Most computers are registered to the retailer first and it's transferred when you register it.

If that doesn't work, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pjc428

Did that. Spoke to Apple and they informed me that this original purchase date was on 05/27/2017. NOT THE DATE I PURCHASED IT! Which means my warranty is only good 1YEAR from that date.

ThunderThighs wrote:Try registering the computer on their site. Most computers are registered to the retailer first and it's transferred when you register it.

If that doesn't work, please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pjc428 wrote:Did that. Spoke to Apple and they informed me that this original purchase date was on 05/27/2017. NOT THE DATE I PURCHASED IT! Which means my warranty is only good 1YEAR from that date.

Hi there. We've talked with our vendor. They would like you to visit this page and follow these instructions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202703

Our vendor has sold hundreds of thousands of Apple product and hasn't seen Apple refuse a warranty.

If they're still rejecting it, please contact me via private message with the following information:

Your serial number
A copy of the rejection

I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. We'll get it sorted out.

To private message me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To check your PMs, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pjc428

AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THIS WARRANTY ISSUE? A full week of playing message tag with custom service and now no response. CHECK YOUR WARRANTY WITH APPLE IF YOU PURCHASED ONE OF THESE.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pjc428 wrote:AM I THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THIS WARRANTY ISSUE? A full week of playing message tag with custom service and now no response. CHECK YOUR WARRANTY WITH APPLE IF YOU PURCHASED ONE OF THESE.

And our vendor is working on your warranty.