Order Pace (rank):
Top 19% of Woot.com Woots
Top 9% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 6% of Woot.com Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone

Why'd they have to use a bathroom as an example - the one room where a good door seal is preferred...?

scifiwooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scifiwooter

Cheaper on amazon and prime shipping.

[MOD: not seeing it.]

chillzatl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chillzatl
scifiwooter wrote:Cheaper on amazon and prime shipping.

They all appear to be cheaper here by around $30.

hollynewburgnewbur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollynewburgnewbur

So which one is which when you order...I want the wooden one, but I can't tell from the drop down how to specify.

travelfeet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travelfeet
hollynewburgnewbur wrote:So which one is which when you order...I want the wooden one, but I can't tell from the drop down how to specify.

If I understand the copy correctly, these are just hardware kits. You supply the door. (of any material within weight limits.

GameOgre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GameOgre
flemtone wrote:Why'd they have to use a bathroom as an example - the one room where a good door seal is preferred...?

And a good lock

garrettwheat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages garrettwheat
flemtone wrote:Why'd they have to use a bathroom as an example - the one room where a good door seal is preferred...?

Most of the places I've seen these are in Master suites. Where in some cases the doors aren't even used much.

jaimelobo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaimelobo
travelfeet wrote:If I understand the copy correctly, these are just hardware kits. You supply the door. (of any material within weight limits.

Correct, these don't include the door. -- That would be one incredible deal if you got the hanger hardware and a door for $59!

alive9922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alive9922

And where do you find doors that you can use on this. Everywhere that I have googled is just offering the kits.

karstan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karstan

Dangit. I literally just ordered one for almost 3x the price last week. :/

scifiwooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scifiwooter
alive9922 wrote:And where do you find doors that you can use on this. Everywhere that I have googled is just offering the kits.

Any door will work. A solid core door is probably best. Or make one. Having not installed one (but is in my future) if the current door is a 32, you'll want a 36 to overlap the opening. Anyone whose retrofitted one can chime in if I'm wrong on the door size.

oilswithmelissa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oilswithmelissa

I need the bypass option for another door. Would this even work for that?

bschauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bschauer

The sample pics remind me of Real Fake Doors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbsV8QWGic

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

Is anyone else disturbed by the photo that appears to feature a CLEAR glass door into a bathroom?

I mean, honestly.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:Is anyone else disturbed by the photo that appears to feature a CLEAR glass door into a bathroom?

I mean, honestly.

I'm hoping it's fogged like the ones here. But those were quite the eyebrow lifter before they fogged the clear glass, let me tell you.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

garretta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garretta

well done @scifiwooter.

A door can be picked up at Lowes/HomeDepot with no holes for handle -- it's called a "Blank" -- and is typically a custom order.

you can pick solid core (recommended) vs foam, and flat surface vs all the options for routing, panels, etc.

I'm buying this 8Ft option and going for 36in blank. though I may browse a bit on craigslist for some reclaimed wood/etc.

-GA

scifiwooter wrote:Any door will work. A solid core door is probably best. Or make one. Having not installed one (but is in my future) if the current door is a 32, you'll want a 36 to overlap the opening. Anyone whose retrofitted one can chime in if I'm wrong on the door size.

jaimelobo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaimelobo
TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:Is anyone else disturbed by the photo that appears to feature a CLEAR glass door into a bathroom?

I mean, honestly.

Looks like frosted/opaque glass, to me.