WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops

Last Purchase:
4 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 22% of Woot.com Woots
Top 11% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 9% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

HP 17.3" Intel Quad-Core 2TB Touch Laptops
Price: $369.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jan 15 to Tuesday, Jan 16) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/21/2017 - $369.99
7/22/2017 - $399.99
6/20/2017 - $399.99 - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)


6/6/2017 - $399.99 (Woot Plus)

wyckedpixie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyckedpixie

Can this laptop be used on a docking station? Can you connect extra monitors to it?

rkschafer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkschafer

1TB or 2TB? Headlines don't agree...

R.

thomasr


quality posts: 8 Private Messages thomasr

Can ram be upgraded?

timmalia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmalia

4GB ram and a cpu that cpubenchmark has as about one half the performance of a gen3 i5 (and we are up to gen8 now) makes this a hard one to buy for me. Like the laptop and touchscreen, but just too slow and short of a realistic 8GB for me... dang

ejm36


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejm36
timmalia wrote:4GB ram and a cpu that cpubenchmark has as about one half the performance of a gen3 i5 (and we are up to gen8 now) makes this a hard one to buy for me. Like the laptop and touchscreen, but just too slow and short of a realistic 8GB for me... dang



Very nice review Tim. I agree with you 100%.

syncityj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages syncityj

Is this an SSD, or is it a HDD?

kensmiles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kensmiles
syncityj wrote:Is this an SSD, or is it a HDD?



"2TB 5400RPM SATA" = HDD

Dainges


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dainges
syncityj wrote:Is this an SSD, or is it a HDD?



It said SATA so no to SSD

Dainges


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dainges
Dainges wrote:It said SATA so no to SDD



Gardian


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gardian

Even if you could get to the harddrive to upgrade to a SSD and even if you could get to the memory and upgrade it, the CPU would still be to slow (non-upgrade-able most likely) and worse is it has windows 10 Home on it. This would be ok for a kid just starting out but not for a power adult. We would need at least 8 gig ram and at least 2.5 to 3.0 ghz cpu. Preferable to be down grade-able to win 7. Any no body wants a spinner for a harddrive anymore. Big Pass!

dmsinjt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmsinjt

I just need something to stream tv shows and movies. Is this a good buy for those needs? I have a kindle, which won't do google play nor xfinity stream.

gfunked


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfunked

Watch out. I received a similar HP laptop from Woot and the HDMI never worked correctly. This was a known issue about that model that I later found out about and they still sold the defect. It still doesn't work after many updates and days of frustration. Not Happy about it.

nirizr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nirizr
dmsinjt wrote:I just need something to stream tv shows and movies. Is this a good buy for those needs? I have a kindle, which won't do google play nor xfinity stream.



Nope. The small resolution (less than HD) and weak graphic card make this laptop an issue even just as a streamer.

BigfeetOhyeah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigfeetOhyeah

I admit I have touched my laptop screen trying to enlarge something, and then I wondered why nothing happened. Whoa, that sounds both dirty and sad.

mick66


quality posts: 8 Private Messages mick66
nirizr wrote:Nope. The small resolution (less than HD) and weak graphic card make this laptop an issue even just as a streamer.



Less than HD, Yes. but the rest just sounds like entitled B.S.
I have one of these (except with 8gb ram) and it's just fine for streaming video. I use it all the time for netflix and hulu. Even the high end Rokus have lesser specs than this laptop. The graphics card may leave something to be desired, but it's not running a 4k display so it's just fine.

dmsinjt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmsinjt
nirizr wrote:Nope. The small resolution (less than HD) and weak graphic card make this laptop an issue even just as a streamer.



Ty

onefastbob


quality posts: 77 Private Messages onefastbob
BigfeetOhyeah wrote:I admit I have touched my laptop screen trying to enlarge something, and then I wondered why nothing happened. Whoa, that sounds both dirty and sad.

Wow, you just creeped me out. LOL.

onefastbob


quality posts: 77 Private Messages onefastbob
mick66 wrote:Less than HD, Yes. but the rest just sounds like entitled B.S.
I have one of these (except with 8gb ram) and it's just fine for streaming video. I use it all the time for netflix and hulu. Even the high end Rokus have lesser specs than this laptop. The graphics card may leave something to be desired, but it's not running a 4k display so it's just fine.

I agree, this will be just fine for streaming. A large screen coupled with a nice large hard drive also. It is a little short on RAM, but it may be upgradeable. This is a fair price for a 17" touch screen laptop with a quad core processor. $75.00 to upgrade to 8 GB RAM through www.crucial.com.

StanleyS


quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
Dainges wrote:It said SATA so no to SSD



I have a SSD drive that is SATA...

Acesfull2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Acesfull2

INCREDIBLY SLOW SHIPPING. The first and last time I will order anything from Woot. If the seller doesn't have the product ready to ship they shouldn't advertise it. Why do I pay over $800 on the front end and then wait over two weeks to get my product?????

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Acesfull2 wrote:INCREDIBLY SLOW SHIPPING. The first and last time I will order anything from Woot. If the seller doesn't have the product ready to ship they shouldn't advertise it. Why do I pay over $800 on the front end and then wait over two weeks to get my product?????

Uhm, slow?

You ordered it on 1/14 (a Sunday) and got it on 1/19. That's not even near two weeks.

Signed,
Confused



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items