WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you still listen to the same music you listened to in high school?
  • 9.6% - Yes! It's the only thing I listen to. 66
  • 83.6% - Yes, but I listen to lots of other music too. 576
  • 3.9% - No. I had terrible taste in music in high school. 27
  • 2.2% - No. I didn't listen to music in high school. 15
  • 0.7% - No. I hate music. 5
689 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158

On vinyl, albums that are older than most of my co-workers.
I feel so old!

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

I like to still get my fix on a little OutKast and Rage against the machine

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bestsportnascar

No. That's not to say I don't listen to one of those songs every now and then.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

I skipped my senior prom because Pink Floyd was playing the same night. Worst attended prom ever.

cainemarko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko

I have Sirius/XM playing on my computer at work all day. I honestly jump around 6-8 genre's a day. I do find myself getting stuck on 1st Wave more often than I should (my high school music). But I jump over to Alt Nation frequently for the newest stuff. Those are my big two. But I also switch between Liquid Metal, Backspin, 80's on 8, Lithium, Ozzy's Boneyard, etc. The sheer volume of choices for finding music in the modern world is amazing.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Hmmm... The year I started in High School-
The Stones - Let it Bleed album
The Beatles- Abby Road
Led Zeppelin 2
The Who- Tommy
Jeff Beck- Beckola
Moody blues, Creedence, The Dead, Janis Joplin, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Santana...
That was just the first year of High School.

Yeah, I still listen to it.

mbspell

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mbspell
cainemarko wrote:I have Sirius/XM playing on my computer at work all day. I honestly jump around 6-8 genre's a day. I do find myself getting stuck on 1st Wave more often than I should (my high school music). But I jump over to Alt Nation frequently for the newest stuff. Those are my big two. But I also switch between Liquid Metal, Backspin, 80's on 8, Lithium, Ozzy's Boneyard, etc. The sheer volume of choices for finding music in the modern world is amazing.

I also alternate between 1st Wave and Alt Nation most of the time I have Sirius on, too

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

American Graphitti soundtrack summarizes my high school music. Doowop and surf music. I am more likely to listen to progressive rock.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Not much. But Gary Numan saved me from years of listening to heavy metal in 1979 with the release of "Cars". So for the final 2 years of High school I was listening to New Wave. There are a few from that time that I still listen to, but not as frequently. Numan led me to Ministry (who basically are metal now) and when they released "Twitch" I was able to accept Skinny Puppy in 1986. Something just clicked. Influenced by SP was nine inch nails who eventually got popular. Trent was noticed by a floundering Gary Numan who came out of a career low slump with a similar sound to nin. It has revived his career. Now I've come full circle back to Numan...just saw his latest tour in December.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
mbspell wrote:I also alternate between 1st Wave and Alt Nation most of the time I have Sirius on, too

Tried to get Oogie interested in 1st Wave, but that isn't what she listened to. So we listen to a lot of Classic Rock in her car. I've got to go back and check out Alt Nation.

Anyone see that joke "AlterEgo" concert from IRadio?
That's NOT alternative to anything but the other crap they play.

HomerTime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HomerTime

Some of it.

Before the advent of XM and internet options, some radio stations burned me out by playing the same songs over and over again.

I think Led Zeppelin is one of the top 10 bands of all time, but I never have to hear a song by them ever again.

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

The local "oldies" station has a lot of 80's and some early 90's in their playlist nowadays. Since when has GNR been considered classic rock?!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

cainemarko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko
Narfcake wrote:The local "oldies" station has a lot of 80's and some early 90's in their playlist nowadays. Since when has GNR been considered classic rock?!

Hate to say it Narf, but we're old. Appetite for Destruction came out 31 years ago...

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington
mbspell wrote:I also alternate between 1st Wave and Alt Nation most of the time I have Sirius on, too

I can't get Sirius radio here. We got it free with our last few vehicles we purchased, but it's rare if an entire song plays without getting cut off.
90% of our roads are lined with 100' fir trees...

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
moles1138 wrote:Tried to get Oogie interested in 1st Wave, but that isn't what she listened to. So we listen to a lot of Classic Rock in her car. I've got to go back and check out Alt Nation.

I'm with Oogie and dave...Classic Rock, anything Pre-1979.

I am 100% hooked on Sirius and I hate them for it.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

CatCK

quality posts: 86 Private Messages CatCK

I am the ultimate station flipper.

I graduated high school in 1980, but had 5 older siblings, so I listened to everything from 1960s on. Plus, my sisters liked the 1950s stuff, so my music influences come from that far back.

I love Sirius radio.

Dartman

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Dartman

I pretty much listen to alternative now but I grew up in the early to mid 70's so that's what I listened to, mostly rock and metal of some sort, pop leaves me cold.
I still like the stuff I did then but I don't sit around only listening to Van Halen and the Stones and everyone else that was popular when I was a teen, and I don't feel that my generation of music was the only one worth listening to. Music evolves and I like to evolve with it and hear new stuff that I like otherwise my play list would get pretty stale as would I.

mikefisk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikefisk

I listened to a lot of pop-punk and techno in high school, then caught the first bit of the nu-metal wave at the end of those years... I think about the only bands I still listen to from that era today are Primus and Mudvayne (as I ventured into progressive/avant-grade rock and extreme metal in undergrad and grad school).

LTCBarb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LTCBarb

My rule is if it didn't originally come on vinyl why have it. I have seen Santana Abraxis - vinyl, cassette, cd, vinyl again.

sconlan04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sconlan04

Sirius XM Radio Pushbutton Programming
Little Stevies Underground Garage
Soul Town
Jam On
Classic Jazz
Symphony Hall
Bluegrass Junction