random42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages random42

I'm not the wootbot so I can't make an actual poll. But... I would find it fantastic if the menu bar at the top was frozen so that when I scroll down the various woots, I can easily go to the next woot option and not have to scroll up (yes, I know, my first world problems are epic... probably just like everyone reading this. ;-p )

Alternatively, move it to the side and freeze it there. Scrolling won't affect it at all.

Thoughts? (preferably about this topic but anything clever will do really. Beggars can't be choosers.)

DustyJello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DustyJello

Staff

random42 wrote:I'm not the wootbot so I can't make an actual poll. But... I would find it fantastic if the menu bar at the top was frozen so that when I scroll down the various woots, I can easily go to the next woot option and not have to scroll up (yes, I know, my first world problems are epic... probably just like everyone reading this. ;-p )

Alternatively, move it to the side and freeze it there. Scrolling won't affect it at all.

Thoughts? (preferably about this topic but anything clever will do really. Beggars can't be choosers.)

I like it! Yes, we've been actively exploring usability on the site for some time now. We're doing lots of research. Just the other day I mixed a few different beakers of chemicals together and caused a spontaneous explosion in the office (was wearing my safety goggles, thank goodness).

We see a very common behavior in our users in working their way down the navbar and clicking on each category. We realize this, and maybe one of these days you'll find yourself beta-testing one of our experiments on the site! Our design team is working hard to churn out lots of new experiences to see which one you all like best.

In the meantime...

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1

I thought this post was going to suggest not changing any tab names for a little while. Freezing the position would be good too, I suppose.