Back to Amazon.com

WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you usually check your email?
  • 0% - On my phone. 0
  • 0% - On my computer. 0
  • 0% - On my tablet. 0
  • 0% - I don't check my emails! 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bblhed


quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

I voted "on my computer" but by my, I meant the computer that is owned by my employer but I use exclusively at work.

krychek67


quality posts: 5 Private Messages krychek67
bblhed wrote:I voted "on my computer" but by my, I meant the computer that is owned by my employer but I use exclusively at work.



That's funny...I always got a chuckle when someone would come back to their cubicle and I had it open installing extra RAM or upgrading their monitor and invariably, they would say..."What are you doing to MY computer?"

therealjrn


quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn

Usually on my computer. Occasionally on my phone, but I hate typing on my phone.

pooflady


quality posts: 29 Private Messages pooflady

Always on my computer.



I think my guardian angel drinks.

mullenryn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mullenryn

I check it from my mind.

fakesanta


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fakesanta

Its getting to be almost all my Ipad2 is capable of, so it still gets the task.

PocketBrain


quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

Personal email: phone 55% computer 40% tablet 5%
Work email: computer 100%


edit: whups, bad typmanship leads to bad mafs.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

cainemarko


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko

What's a computer?

stevenlee212


quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

Gave up email a long time ago. I really enjoy supporting my local post office as much as I can

moles1138


quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
cainemarko wrote:What's a computer?



Rrrrrrrr

cainemarko


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko
moles1138 wrote:Rrrrrrrr



lol, agreed.

intrepid01


quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01
cainemarko wrote:What's a computer?



Yes, that was an annoying commercial. $650 can buy a lot more computer than an iPad Pro.

A computer is a platform using any number of operating systems for running applications. The applications you need to use ordains what system you must use. In many cases, your workplace defines the latter.

Our key enterprise apps we use do not run well on Macs or iPads. Even our die hard Mac-phile EHR consultant does not use her Mac for work using the EHR. She also could not see Outlook shared calendars on her Mac and SharePoint access was a problem. Our CEO formerly was Mac based but also switched by choice due to incompatibilities. I can VPN and use specialized software on an Android device and multilevel authentication but it still actually is using my Windows desktop for those enterprise defined applications.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cainemarko wrote:What's a computer?



I don't mind that commercial until that last line. Then I want to slap the f're out of here as my grandmother used to say.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

therealjrn


quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn
cainemarko wrote:What's a computer?


"What an idiot" is what I thought.

michaelvella


quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaelvella
intrepid01 wrote:Yes, that was an annoying commercial. $650 can buy a lot more computer than an iPad Pro.

A computer is a platform using any number of operating systems for running applications. The applications you need to use ordains what system you must use. In many cases, your workplace defines the latter.

Our key enterprise apps we use do not run well on Macs or iPads. Even our die hard Mac-phile EHR consultant does not use her Mac for work using the EHR. She also could not see Outlook shared calendars on her Mac and SharePoint access was a problem. Our CEO formerly was Mac based but also switched by choice due to incompatibilities. I can VPN and use specialized software on an Android device and multilevel authentication but it still actually is using my Windows desktop for those enterprise defined applications.



You could publish your apps with XenApp and/or use XenDesktop and not have to worry about end user platforms.
The new Citrix cloud stuff makes it even easier to deploy, as well. They host the entire management stack and you can host the VM’s in your own enterprise with any hypervisor. Though you can also do it with Azure or AWS as well. Pretty cool, check it out.

salvaljr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages salvaljr
krychek67 wrote:That's funny...I always got a chuckle when someone would come back to their cubicle and I had it open installing extra RAM or upgrading their monitor and invariably, they would say..."What are you doing to MY computer?"



Ditto. I work for IT also.