WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Come one! Come all! Come learn about the new and exciting changes to Woot's return policy!

They say “If you love something, let it go.”

We say “If you don’t love something, send it back within 30 days“

Now, maybe that’s not as romantic as the first statement, but it is a better return policy. So, without further ado, allow us to introduce Woot’s wonderful new return policy- now with patented hassle reducing technology!

Our old return policy went to great lengths to tell you that you could only return items that were damaged and defective. Eww. What is this, 2003? We live in the future, and in the future THERE ARE NO RULES TO ANYTHING ANYMORE (except the finer points in our return policy).

Woot will now accept returns on items you don’t like, clothing that doesn’t fit, and even bulky weird shaped stuff. There are exceptions, because life is full of small injustices and there’s really nothing that can be done about that. At least, that’s what our lawyers keep telling us… But thanks to this incredible thing called "The Internet", you don’t even have to remember all the rules and exceptions included in the return policy!

You can find them all here

In a perfect world, you would never need to know our return policy because everything would be perfectly sized, damage free, and filled with chocolate. But this is not a perfect world. We know that boxes get busted, shoe sizes are weird, and chocolate should not be leaking out of your new down comforter. So, file this return policy away in your noggin and shop Woot with a newfound confidence.  

Or yell at us on the forums about how our new return policy has personally ruined your life/marriage/birthday…  We’ll still love you.

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

Yay! Now with 75% less hassle!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

therealjrn wrote:Yay! Now with 75% less hassle!

That's a great tag line!!!!

Remember to post about your crap!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 393 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Can I return my sanity under this new policy?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev
Narfcake wrote:Can I return my sanity under this new policy?

You still have some? I'll buy that as a refurb!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Hmmm....
I think I have a dozen of a certain thing that need returned...

ThunderThighs

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:Hmmm....

ROFL> Not retroactive that far back.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

peaceetc

quality posts: 69 Private Messages peaceetc
ThunderThighs wrote:ROFL> Not retroactive that far back.

I suppose it's a no-go on the box full of camera straps, too, then? I donated all but one of my docks but those straps are still hanging around because I keep thinking I'll find a use for them. So far I haven't.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

Narfcake

quality posts: 393 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

daveinwarshington wrote:Hmmm....

I think I know someone who would be ecstatic to have some more!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

Wow - what a consumer friendly change! But yet somehow it saddens me. We used to know we were taking a bit of a gamble with the the trade-off being a possible blow-out clearance price item of dubious value.

But to those who weren't around in the strictly one deal/one day era this is what consumers expect.

Upward and onward.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

I Miss The Old Woot

[VMod edit: fixed the URL to the available version]
[TRJ edit: fixed the URL back to what I posted--VMod needs to mind his own posts because that is where I copied it from]
[VMod edit: Blame my cat plushies.]

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

Over Mighty Glaciers who writes these haha. Do you consult with a particular hill of beans before you post these, or do you have just one really good one? lol

bsmith1

quality posts: 151 Private Messages bsmith1

Looks like the cost of return shipping will be deducted from the refund...So if I want to return a 65" TV, how much refund will I really be getting?

Edit: (groan) More reading... Looks like a $50 flat return fee for big items.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

deanerino1 wrote:Over Mighty Glaciers who writes these haha. Do you consult with a particular hill of beans before you post these, or do you have just one really good one? lol

I wrote this one- and I'm really glad you liked it. I tried to make it as fun as our legal team allows.

aaee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aaee

So I bought some pants for my dad and they dont fit. I submitted the return request and was taken to a page that says this "So, here's the thing: we don't accept returns unless we made an actual mistake with the order. Please refer to our FAQ regarding our return policy. But be warned: if you DID already open the box, the item's now yours to keep. Maybe consider it a surprise gift for your mother-in-law? "

Which is quite different than this message - "Woot will now accept returns on items you don’t like, clothing that doesn’t fit, and even bulky weird shaped stuff. There are exceptions, because life is full of small injustices and there’s really nothing that can be done about that. At least, that’s what our lawyers keep telling us… But thanks to this incredible thing called "The Internet", you don’t even have to remember all the rules and exceptions included in the return policy!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

aaee wrote:So I bought some pants for my dad and they dont fit. I submitted the return request and was taken to a page that says this "So, here's the thing: we don't accept returns unless we made an actual mistake with the order. Please refer to our FAQ regarding our return policy. But be warned: if you DID already open the box, the item's now yours to keep. Maybe consider it a surprise gift for your mother-in-law? "

Which is quite different than this message - "Woot will now accept returns on items you don’t like, clothing that doesn’t fit, and even bulky weird shaped stuff. There are exceptions, because life is full of small injustices and there’s really nothing that can be done about that. At least, that’s what our lawyers keep telling us… But thanks to this incredible thing called "The Internet", you don’t even have to remember all the rules and exceptions included in the return policy!"

Looks like we missed an update in the support form. Thank you for letting us know. Do you still need to contact CS or did you get through to them?

mynoot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mynoot1

You guys are funny and awesome

kiddwayne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiddwayne

I never had a problem with your old return policy.............I'm assuming I won't have a problem with the new.
I believe you're a good company to do business with.
Thank you
Wayne

yakatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakatz

I will miss the old decision making process for whether to buy something on Woot - return policies ruin everything about the spontaneity of the purchase...

mbushman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbushman1

Good to see. I will try WOOT again now after after quitting you....2 (3?) years ago because of this (nearly) exact issue - after receiving a defective product and being told I had to return it to the original manufacturer, a policy with which I disagreed, I suggested a more user friendly return policy. No joy then; fingers crossed now.

ThunderThighs

Staff

yakatz wrote:I will miss the old decision making process for whether to buy something on Woot - return policies ruin everything about the spontaneity of the purchase...

Uhm, sorry?

ucwino

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ucwino
therealjrn wrote:I Miss The Old Woot

[VMod edit: fixed the URL to the available version]
[TRJ edit: fixed the URL back to what I posted--VMod needs to mind his own posts because that is where I copied it from]

I do too! I am spending less and less time on woot these days as with all the crappy stuff and constant cross merchandising, I feel like I am walking through Walmart

rmescola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmescola

Since Woot is Amazon.com's clearance site, and Amazon.com's return policy is amazing, I think I will stick with Amazon, unless something really amazing comes up. Most of the time I go on Amazon to check Woot's prices, and it they are close enough, just based on the return policies, I will go with Amazon, sorry Woot.

aaee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aaee
ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like we missed an update in the support form. Thank you for letting us know. Do you still need to contact CS or did you get through to them?

I still need to contact them..

petep2112

quality posts: 3 Private Messages petep2112

Does this also include the elusive container of Crap?

Nargg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nargg
petep2112 wrote:Does this also include the elusive container of Crap?

HA! That made my day.

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11

You might want to put something in your return policy about Bet on Colds - I can definitely see people trying to return their crap because they're not satisfied.

peachywink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peachywink

I seriously stopped buying anything on Woot because of their horrible no return policy. Saved me a bundle. The suit was donated.

ThunderThighs

Staff

rmescola wrote:Since Woot is Amazon.com's clearance site, and Amazon.com's return policy is amazing, I think I will stick with Amazon, unless something really amazing comes up. Most of the time I go on Amazon to check Woot's prices, and it they are close enough, just based on the return policies, I will go with Amazon, sorry Woot.

Sorry to burst that bubble but we're not Amazon's clearance site. We have our own buyers and we purchase from vendors just like they do.

Except for Flash stuff. That's Amazon's leftover crap but we pick and choose to sell that. They don't force us to sell it.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Yay! More stuff for the "open box" and (possibly) refurbished items for Woot to sell!

ThunderThighs

Staff

kalee11 wrote:You might want to put something in your return policy about Bet on Colds - I can definitely see people trying to return their crap because they're not satisfied.

Working on it already.

ThunderThighs

Staff

peachywink wrote:I seriously stopped buying anything on Woot because of their horrible no return policy. Saved me a bundle. The suit was donated.

Welcome back?

asullyde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asullyde

Does Woot pay for shipping of returned items?

I would certainly expect that to be the case in 2018!

srhodig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srhodig

I'm also getting the old return policy message on the Support page (as of 3:50 Eastern time 02/06/18). I emailed customer service, but today is the 30th day after my order, so I'm hoping I'll make the cutoff!

minimalfear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minimalfear

Two days ago I received a posting from my credit card reference a recent WOOT return. It verified every cent paid out was refunded. I didn't expect this as the WOOT return policy was googled by me, and a quick scan of links/posts revealed . . oh-oh – 15% restocking fee, and shipping cost erode the benefit derived from Woot deal discoveries. I just figured – its once in a blue moon. More accurately the first item that was a bummer in my history of about 12 purchases. We,, lo and behold, my timing could not have been better. I must be one of the first Woot'ers using the new policy. I give it 5 stars and will honestly tell you its as simple and cost free as Amazon's Return Policy (which I have used more often than Woots) That's high praise and I will remain a Woot surfer – alert to whatever surprise that pops up on my screen as a screaming good deal!

vikkiscats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikkiscats

Thank goodness.

theco2

quality posts: 139 Private Messages theco2
kalee11 wrote:You might want to put something in your return policy about Bet on Colds - I can definitely see people trying to return their crap because they're not satisfied.

Darn it! Why did you need to remind them?

ThunderThighs

Staff

srhodig wrote:I'm also getting the old return policy message on the Support page (as of 3:50 Eastern time 02/06/18). I emailed customer service, but today is the 30th day after my order, so I'm hoping I'll make the cutoff!

Yes, we're working on that. It slipped through the cracks. It's hard coded so it'll take a bit to update it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

asullyde wrote:Does Woot pay for shipping of returned items?

I would certainly expect that to be the case in 2018!

Only if it's damaged, defective or the wrong item. That's the same with Amazon when I returned shoes last month.

What is Woot's return policy?
You may return most purchases within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. If the item being returned is not damaged or defective, we'll deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund. Once the item is received by Woot, the refund will be applied.

note2001

quality posts: 31 Private Messages note2001
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, we're working on that. It slipped through the cracks. It's hard coded so it'll take a bit to update it.

Hard coded as in "Hard to find the code that displays that"? LOL