quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you keep your phone in a case?
  • 81.8% - Of course I do. I'm not crazy. 514
  • 3.5% - I try to, but I end up taking it out a lot. 22
  • 11.6% - No. I like to live dangerously. 73
  • 3% - I don't have a phone. 19
628 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Dhavalhpatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dhavalhpatel

Nope. A comedian once made a good analogy about this topic. Our head is the most precious part of our human bodies, and we have tech to protect it. But how many normal, everyday people actually wear helmets all day? So why apply the same theory to our phones? Use em unencumbered unless the case provides an added benefit (extra battery, e-ink backside, sticky surfaced...).

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

I don't keep my phone in a case either. I usually try to keep it in my pants front right pocket all by itself.

So far, so good.

I've had cases before certainly, when my job was more physical. When I worked at a half-way house for the department of corrections, I wouldn't have dreamed of not protecting it.

brahmin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brahmin

YES. IN A CASE I NEED IT.

stevenmgregory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenmgregory

Always in a case. First reason is because it keeps the phone in good condition, which makes it worth more when I upgrade and sell the current one. The second reason is because the one time I didn't use a case, I dropped one and it broke. Expensive lesson. So case on always now.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RebelTaz

OK, so who is the other person here who does not have a cell phone! I thought I was the last civilized human who had not fallen into that trap!

x50x2x2
... ...
--------------------------------
Until Woot Gets a "Notify" Option For New Forum Replies, You Might As Well Just Message Me!

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
RebelTaz wrote:OK, so who is the other person here who does not have a cell phone! I thought I was the last civilized human who had not fallen into that trap!

Well I have an old flip phone so case not necessary. I figured this applied to "smart" phones.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

I had never broken a phone until last year when I went out and bought an iphone 7. As soon as I got home I ordered the case I liked off of Amazon, prime shipping, 48 hour wait max. I broke the phone around hour 18...

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I have never broken a phone, and if I put a case on it it won't fit in my tiny woman pockets. So no case for me.

robfly3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robfly3

Perhaps Woot was looking for more posts about broken phones so they could feature cases on their home page! ;)

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

I, too, have a flip-phone, but I keep it in a case to keep the outside from getting scratched up. In fact, not being a phone addict (or even a phone liker), I use two cases, one for my purse and one for my desk, so I'll remember to take it with me.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bestsportnascar

I used to, but during navigation or doing certain things it tends to get too hot. So, I no longer use a case. I've not had any issues as of yet. I don't drop it much though. I haven't cracked a screen in at least 3 phones.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington
RebelTaz wrote:OK, so who is the other person here who does not have a cell phone! I thought I was the last civilized human who had not fallen into that trap!

I felt more 'trapped' when I went to into a scummy phone booth with a ripped-up phone book hanging there, then to find out you're outta dimes.

peaceetc

quality posts: 68 Private Messages peaceetc

I've had a cell phone since 1994. In fact, I've had the same account (a company bought out a company which was then bought by Verizon) since I first got a phone with the same phone number. I kind of blow the minds of Verizon reps when I have reason to talk to them when they look at my account.

And, yes, I keep my phone in a case. I tend to drop things. A lot. But I've only broken one phone (it was run over by a riding lawn mower after I dropped it) in all that time, though. Phone cases have been life savers. Well, phone savers.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER.

SILVERLS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SILVERLS
cm20158 wrote:Well I have an old flip phone so case not necessary. I figured this applied to "smart" phones.

I also fall into this category but, "flip phones" are not that delicate. That's why I have mine. I've dropped it a few times and it still work fine.
Also, it fits in my jeans' watch pocket.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

I find that my Galaxy S7 is too slick without the case. I'd probably drop it without. I do take it off on those rare occasions that I use the VR goggles. It wouldn't fit otherwise, plus it already gets too warm and needs to cool down for a while to proceed.

virtual1one

quality posts: 10 Private Messages virtual1one

I'm on my third phone, my first two never had cases and were never damaged. This one however (iPhone 5s) did squirt out of my hands a few times and get to the ground, causing micro chips in the front glass on the edges so I got a cheap case for it that rarely was called on for protection. Later I got a FLIR back for it (those are awesooooome) and that came with its own special "docking case" so I use that now. I don't think I've dropped my phone once in the almost two years I've had that FLIR on it. I honestly don't see how people break their phones all the time, they seem very careless to me.

McGuffy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages McGuffy

Because your phone can't heal from minor scratches like your head can?

Dhavalhpatel wrote:Nope. A comedian once made a good analogy about this topic. Our head is the most precious part of our human bodies, and we have tech to protect it. But how many normal, everyday people actually wear helmets all day? So why apply the same theory to our phones? Use em unencumbered unless the case provides an added benefit (extra battery, e-ink backside, sticky surfaced...).

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."