WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iPhone 7 (GSM Unlocked) (Scratch and Dent)

Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 23% of Woot.com Woots
Top 12% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 11% of Woot.com Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

iPhone 7 (GSM Unlocked) (Scratch and Dent)
Price: $359.99 - 439.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Thursday, Feb 15 to Tuesday, Feb 20) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Blingazinga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blingazinga

http://www.unlockedshop.com/a-full-list-of-gsm-carriers-in-the-usa/

Most notably AT&T, TMobile, MetroPCS, and TracFone are compatible.

Verizon, Sprint or any other CDMA carrier will NOT work.

supernova87a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernova87a

Good luck buying stuff like this with no guarantee of how it was refurbished or what level of damage is contained. Scratch/dent? You have no idea what's happened to the camera / microphones / speaker / battery / screen. Last time Woot sold these, they were from some shady fly-by-night phone dealer in Brooklyn.
Stay away...

HB861

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HB861

I bought 2 of the iPhone 6 last time and phones were great - only issue i had was that the cable did not work after 3 months..

gregorylkelly

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gregorylkelly
HB861 wrote:I bought 2 of the iPhone 6 last time and phones were great - only issue i had was that the cable did not work after 3 months..

That is an Apple issue more than anything else. Go check out the reviews on Apple's website for their own charging cables. They are the worst I have ever seen. I've had to buy at least 15 for my wife because they ALWAYS stop working. Thankfully my phone is USB-C and I don't ever have to worry about that.

victorstagnetti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victorstagnetti
gregorylkelly wrote:That is an Apple issue more than anything else. Go check out the reviews on Apple's website for their own charging cables. They are the worst I have ever seen. I've had to buy at least 15 for my wife because they ALWAYS stop working. Thankfully my phone is USB-C and I don't ever have to worry about that.

interesting - I've had an iPhone for 6 months (first iPhone ever) and have had zero problems with lightning cables so far. where do your wife's cables normally fail?

wisiwyg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wisiwyg

Would it be too much to ask for Woot to always put a model number in the listing? Can't find it in the main description or the specs here.

bluemaple

quality posts: 87 Private Messages bluemaple
wisiwyg wrote:Would it be too much to ask for Woot to always put a model number in the listing? Can't find it in the main description or the specs here.

Including the model number for electronics products should be e-comm 101. Perhaps Woot/Amazon has minimal expertise in that area.

It's not like this very same query is rare on these pages.

supernova87a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supernova87a
bluemaple wrote:Including the model number for electronics products should be e-comm 101. Perhaps Woot/Amazon has minimal expertise in that area.

It's not like this very same query is rare on these pages.

Kind of suggests that the Woot team is not really expert or the original source for what they're selling? They're relying on 3rd party contractors to source and sell this stuff, and I have little confidence in it.

hawknj

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hawknj

I brought a S/D Samsung phone here last year and it was really dented all around the plug and many scratches and I could not get it to accept a T-Mobile sim. Woot was great about returning it and I ended up buying from Amazon certified refurb that came looking like new for $10.00 more. So check Amazon before you pull the trigger here their certified program is worth it.

futking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages futking
gregorylkelly wrote:That is an Apple issue more than anything else. Go check out the reviews on Apple's website for their own charging cables. They are the worst I have ever seen. I've had to buy at least 15 for my wife because they ALWAYS stop working. Thankfully my phone is USB-C and I don't ever have to worry about that.

Wow! I have an iPhone 4s and IPhone 6 and 6 plus that all use their original cables. I’ve always heard people complain about the quality of the cables but I’ve never really experienced any problems. Might just be luck of the draw.

ChKen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChKen

I’m pretty sure the cable and charger that comes with refurbs are not Apple. They’re 3rd-party.

wyattreloads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyattreloads

I bought a scratch and dent note 4 on here like 2 or 3 years ago. The thing still works really well!

if this was the 7 plus, I'd be buying a new phone again today.

gregorylkelly

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gregorylkelly
ChKen wrote:I’m pretty sure the cable and charger that comes with refurbs are not Apple. They’re 3rd-party.

Regardless, it is the Apple requirements for the charger that cause the issues. They have to have some special chip in them or something like that and that is the part that fails regularly. It's a known issue that you can read about anywhere. Both first and third party cables fail at a pretty high rate.

ChKen

supernova87a wrote:Good luck buying stuff like this with no guarantee of how it was refurbished or what level of damage is contained. Scratch/dent? You have no idea what's happened to the camera / microphones / speaker / battery / screen. Last time Woot sold these, they were from some shady fly-by-night phone dealer in Brooklyn.
Stay away...

Got a couple 6+ refurbs just a couple weeks ago and they were pretty much perfect. Only a couple tiny scratches on the corners where a case would rub. No scratches on the screen. Put in my sim from my iPhone and tested both. Both are fine as expected. The batteries are both past 600 cycles so they have 72-75% capacity left. I’ve scheduled Apple to replace them for $29. Very happy with them.

ChKen

gregorylkelly wrote:Regardless, it is the Apple requirements for the charger that cause the issues. They have to have some special chip in them or something like that and that is the part that fails regularly. It's a known issue that you can read about anywhere. Both first and third party cables fail at a pretty high rate.

Interesting, never heard that about the authentication chip failing.

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
nebugeater wrote:OK, not on here often but what did the site say or do?

They've been selling a t-shirt which has caused some debate.

{Edit: This isn't the place for getting into a discussion of the product.}

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

wallred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallred

I'd pay $100 more and buy a refurb from Apple with a full warranty and it'll be like new.

-- Warren

thegadget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegadget
supernova87a wrote:Good luck buying stuff like this with no guarantee of how it was refurbished or what level of damage is contained. Scratch/dent? You have no idea what's happened to the camera / microphones / speaker / battery / screen. Last time Woot sold these, they were from some shady fly-by-night phone dealer in Brooklyn.
Stay away...

I agree, between the 4 (2 Sprint, 1 ATT,and 1 Verizon were shipped, all unlocked) we purchased, one was reported stolen and unusable (Verizon). The other three were great. SO 75% chance of getting a good one. I believe they did refund the money on the returned item. I don't remember if they paid for shipping.

danfiveoh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danfiveoh

I'll echo the caution on third party phone refurbs. Bought a 5c here a year or so ago (came from NJ refurb outfit). It was ok for a couple months and only had minor scratches, then got really glitchy and had continual issues so I gave up on it.

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 61 Private Messages skispeakeasy

iPhones have a 5 year life cycle.

iPhone 7 should be capable of running the most recent iOS until 2021 or 2022. You can expect iPhone 7 to be reasonably fast until 2020.

jonsummers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonsummers
skispeakeasy wrote:iPhones have a 5 year life cycle.

iPhone 7 should be capable of running the most recent iOS until 2021 or 2022. You can expect iPhone 7 to be reasonably fast until 2020.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about? These are already used phones with blemishes and who knows how often they got dropped into a toilet or worse?

slappomatt

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slappomatt
skispeakeasy wrote:iPhones have a 5 year life cycle.

as a long time Iphone user I totally dissagree. the cables fall apart at the wire around the plug. has happened to at least 6 cables I have no matter brand or cost including apple, and I would say they are usable speed for 3 years MAX. 2 is more realistic.

The fact that apple hasnt changed the design in 4 years and the fact that carriers are no longer giving a signing bonus mean I will no longer be buying apple phones. I wont spend 800-1200 for a 3 year old design with zero wow factor.

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999
slappomatt wrote:as a long time Iphone user I totally dissagree. the cables fall apart at the wire around the plug. has happened to at least 6 cables I have no matter brand or cost including apple, and I would say they are usable speed for 3 years MAX. 2 is more realistic.

The fact that apple hasnt changed the design in 4 years and the fact that carriers are no longer giving a signing bonus mean I will no longer be buying apple phones. I wont spend 800-1200 for a 3 year old design with zero wow factor.

Dilly dilly !!!!

HB861

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HB861

correct - the ones I received were not from Apple..