Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Prime header

You may have already heard, but Woot! is owned by a much larger company that goes by the name of Amazon. Now, after EIGHT long years of subsidiary-ship, we want to bring some of that Amazon goodness directly to our customers.

That's why today we're very happy to announce FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime customers! Yes, we know it sounds pretty awesome and yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. (And yes, for you old-timers who have been asking for this for, um, eight years, thanks for waiting. This computer stuff is hard).

Here's what you'll get:

FREE Standard Shipping on Woot! orders

FREE Express Shipping on Shirt.Woot orders

The lame fine print: See individual offer pages for shipping details and restrictions. Not valid for international shipping addresses.

Want to unlock the benefits of an Amazon Prime membership on Woot!? Link your Woot! account with your Amazon account! We've even taken screenshot of how to do this, EVEN THOUGH IT IS SO FREAKIN' EASY:

Sign In on Woot

Click that fancy "Login with Amazon" button and you'll be able to [not so] magically log in using your Amazon email address and password:

Amazon Login

When you go to your account, you'll see a new graphic next to your name: 

Prime on Your Account

Not an Amazon Prime member? Congrats! You're one of the 13 people left who aren't. Fix that now by signing up over at the mothership Jeff B's house Amazon. Apparently there are other benefits too!

HELPFUL TIPS:

• You must be Login with Amazon every time to receive the Free shipping benefit. Note that this is different than logging in to pay with Amazon. If you’re not sure that you’re logged in with Amazon, sign out via the menu in the upper-right corner and then sign in again by choosing Login With Amazon.

• Pay with Amazon will not get you the Prime benefit. You must sign out and Log in with Amazon.

• If you're experiencing issues, try clearing the cookies for both Woot & Amazon.

• You may see $5 shipping show for a few seconds until the Amazon information loads on the checkout screen. Once Prime status has been verified, it will change to $0 shipping.

• At this time, Login with Amazon does not work with Microsoft Edge.

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe

Woohoo.

I may actually consider purchasing things now.

There is what to learn from the potato.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:Woohoo.

I may actually consider purchasing things now.

Buy ALL the things!!!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Buy ALL the things!!!

But that's exactly what THEY want me to do.

I have to do against the flow.

thumperchick

quality posts: 260 Private Messages thumperchick

This took all of 2 minutes to rope me into a new set of luggage. (It didn't hurt that we were pricing hardside luggage a few hours ago...)

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:But that's exactly what THEY want me to do.

I have to do against the flow.

Start with this. Then this.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:Start with this. Then this.

Why are there cat t-shirts on penguinshirtwoot?

peaceetc

quality posts: 74 Private Messages peaceetc

I'm guessing that when we, uh, encouraged Woot to do this the other day you knew it was coming and couldn't say anything. Well played, TT.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:I'm guessing that when we, uh, encouraged Woot to do this the other day you knew it was coming and couldn't say anything. Well played, TT.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

cosmotherobot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cosmotherobot

Now that is some corporate synergy. Woot certainly believes in vertical markets that are highly fragmented and underpenetrated with attractive growth fundamentals.

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1

About time!

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:

So... If it's taken 8 years to provide free shipping for Prime members, should I expect the issue of being unable to connect my Amazon account to a different Woot account to take 8 years?

Or have you only been working on this for a few years?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:Why are there cat t-shirts on penguinshirtwoot?

Penguinshirtwoot doesn't discriminate against non-penguinshirts. Just like catshirtswoot doesn't discriminate against non-catshirts.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:So... If it's taken 8 years to provide free shipping for Prime members, should I expect the issue of being unable to connect my Amazon account to a different Woot account to take 8 years?

Or have you only been working on this for a few years?

I sure hope not! I think more people will be affected. But yes, this has been taking priority for a good number of months. We haven't forgotten you!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cosmotherobot wrote:Now that is some corporate synergy. Woot certainly believes in vertical markets that are highly fragmented and underpenetrated with attractive growth fundamentals.

And a bidet in every household!!!

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:Penguinshirtwoot doesn't discriminate against non-penguinshirts. Just like catshirtswoot doesn't discriminate against non-catshirts.

https://shirt.woot.com/plus/top-15-of-all-time made me feel better with Imposter being listed.

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:I sure hope not! I think more people will be affected. But yes, this has been taking priority for a good number of months. We haven't forgotten you!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:https://shirt.woot.com/plus/top-15-of-all-time made me feel better with Imposter being listed.

You do know the back story to her, right?

Side note: Do you want to explain why I've purchased two catshirts in the past 20 minutes?

mossygreen

quality posts: 83 Private Messages mossygreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Buy ALL the things!!!

I wish I could like this post, or star this post, or heart this post, or whatever positive thing people do to posts now.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mossygreen wrote:I wish I could like this post, or star this post, or heart this post, or whatever positive thing people do to posts now.

Reply with happy pics!

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:You do know the back story to her, right?

Side note: Do you want to explain why I've purchased two catshirts in the past 20 minutes?

The side note is easy to explain.

You're feeling threatened by the knowledge that somebody has a catshirt collection which makes yours look puny.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:The side note is easy to explain.

You're feeling threatened by the knowledge that somebody has a catshirt collection which makes yours look puny.

Who's to argue over √-1, right?

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:Who's to argue over √-1, right?

Even if that number were true (which it isn't), it's still better than rolling negative dice.

toph25

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toph25

Just about time for a Woot-Off!

ThunderThighs

Staff

toph25 wrote:Just about time for a Woot-Off!

HA!

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PapaMidnight

Awesome. Now if only I could figure out how to properly link my account (as woot keeps logging me out).

Formerly: 8 years bag-of-crapless. Streak Broken on Day 1 of Year 9.

toph25

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toph25
ThunderThighs wrote:HA!

OK then, end of the Woot-Off?

ThunderThighs

Staff

PapaMidnight wrote:Awesome. Now if only I could figure out how to properly link my account (as woot keeps logging me out).

The Log in with Amazon dialog box is a pop-up. Make sure you're allowing pop-ups.

(We hate it too.)

Also, if you use an auto password thingy, try clicking the Sign In button manually.

ThunderThighs

Staff

toph25 wrote:OK then, end of the Woot-Off?

Oh no. We'll have one. We just want to make sure all the kinks on Prime are worked out first. LOL

lordbowen

quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

robio

quality posts: 49 Private Messages robio

Is there a way to merge Woot & Amazon accounts so we can take advantage of this without losing our Woot history?

(I see in the Account page there's a "connected accounts" but no way to find out what that is or how to use it.)

lowkey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowkey88

So, how's this work for international customers?
Same deal (we pay shirt + $10 and get upgraded to express)? Or (crosses fingers) can we swap the express upgrade for an international shipping upgrade? Because that'd be enough to get me to upgrade to Prime *and* start buying shirts here again

sriramk2387

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sriramk2387

Staff

robio wrote:Is there a way to merge Woot & Amazon accounts so we can take advantage of this without losing our Woot history?

(I see in the Account page there's a "connected accounts" but no way to find out what that is or how to use it.)

Login with your Amazon account that has prime, and on "Do you have a Woot account?" page, enter your Woot! account credentials. That should be all you need to do if you don't have that Amazon account linked already to a different Woot! account.

ThunderThighs

Staff

lowkey88 wrote:So, how's this work for international customers?
Same deal (we pay shirt + $10 and get upgraded to express)? Or (crosses fingers) can we swap the express upgrade for an international shipping upgrade? Because that'd be enough to get me to upgrade to Prime *and* start buying shirts here again

I’m sorry. Doesn’t apply to international shirt shipping.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl

This is awesome.
Except I can't use paypal anymore.

OK, I'm over it.

VOTE >

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
acraigl wrote:This is awesome.
Except I can't use paypal anymore.

OK, I'm over it.

I was just going to ask if this would get rid of the paypal option forever. sigh.

ascii256

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ascii256

Bout time.

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
mbspell wrote:I was just going to ask if this would get rid of the paypal option forever. sigh.

There wasn't any specific mention about it, but I'm assuming current woot accounts that still have it will continue to be grandfathered in... you just don't get the prime benefit. So effectively?

VOTE >

drewcroa

quality posts: 36 Private Messages drewcroa

I will buy sooooo much more junk now.