Back to Amazon.com

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk
ThunderThighs wrote:And a bidet in every household!!!

You just have to know where to find them...
Product type: Bidet
Product: (Mfgr/model)
Category: Tools & Garden
Sub Category: Pressure Washers

Seriously though, while I quietly wished for Prime when Amazon entered the picture here, The $5 flat rate shipping was one of the things that attracted me here early on. That was back in the days of "One Day, One Deal".

Well done WOOT!.

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

I may have to link my amazon account now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lowkey88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowkey88
ThunderThighs wrote:I’m sorry. Doesn’t apply to international shirt shipping.

Sigh

Thank you, though.

Did it always say that in the first post and I just forgot how to read earlier?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington
bestsportnascar wrote:I may have to link my amazon account now.

I know...
No more PayPal,,,,,,

bradyarz

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bradyarz

Hmm. My skeptical self is waiting for the other shoe to drop. What's the catch?

Well here's one downside I found already: Everything I've read here indicated I _may_ link my accounts if I so choose. I was on the fence, so I decided to log in here to post and join the discussion, maybe find out some more info. Boom! POWER PLAY! I HAD to link accounts just to log in today! You've effectively FORCED me to link my accounts just to keep using Woot; no option at all.

Yeah, I may be looking too hard for conspiracies here, but I want to be as in charge of my digital life as possible. Being a somewhat private person, I want to make the decisions and determine my own digital fate. Does it make sense to link accounts? Probably. Do I want to? I don't know, and wasn't given an opportunity to decline. Only time will tell.

Sure, I could decide not to use this site anymore, but I enjoy shopping here, so I'm stuck. This is just one more thing I'm not able to have a say in. I probably would have opted in to linking my accounts anyway, given a few weeks/months of watching the kinks get ironed out for other folks and seeing how it went. Not getting that option just sort of puts a bad taste in my mouth.

unome

quality posts: 7 Private Messages unome

And Bet on Colds? How about Bandoliers of Carrots?

X4

bestsportnascar

daveinwarshington wrote:I know...
No more PayPal,,,,,,

I didn't have paypal linked either. I just didn't see a point in linking my amazon account previously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bestsportnascar

bradyarz wrote:Hmm. My skeptical self is waiting for the other shoe to drop. What's the catch?

Well here's one downside I found already: Everything I've read here indicated I _may_ link my accounts if I so choose. I was on the fence, so I decided to log in here to post and join the discussion, maybe find out some more info. Boom! POWER PLAY! I HAD to link accounts just to log in today! You've effectively FORCED me to link my accounts just to keep using Woot; no option at all.

Yeah, I may be looking too hard for conspiracies here, but I want to be as in charge of my digital life as possible. Being a somewhat private person, I want to make the decisions and determine my own digital fate. Does it make sense to link accounts? Probably. Do I want to? I don't know, and wasn't given an opportunity to decline. Only time will tell.

Sure, I could decide not to use this site anymore, but I enjoy shopping here, so I'm stuck. This is just one more thing I'm not able to have a say in. I probably would have opted in to linking my accounts anyway, given a few weeks/months of watching the kinks get ironed out for other folks and seeing how it went. Not getting that option just sort of puts a bad taste in my mouth.

You do not have to link your account. You still have an option.

Edit:
Yep, woot account is still an option.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

unome wrote:And Bet on Colds? How about Bandoliers of Carrots?

To be fair to everyone, the price will be $10 flat with free shipping for all.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1
ThunderThighs wrote:To be fair to everyone, the price will be $10 flat with free shipping for all.

Ok. That means I can still use the faster, non-Amazon checkout process for crap.

pktDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pktDragon

Hi, I'm still not seeing how to link accounts. I can log in under amazon but it only show the 2 items I'd previously ordered that way. All of my woot items (basically everything but those two things) do not show as history. How do I correct this?

bradyarz

bestsportnascar wrote:You do not have to link your account. You still have an option.

Edit:
Yep, woot account is still an option.

Yup, and that's exactly how I logged in. I tried three times, and after I entered my credentials, every single time I was presented with an Amazon pop-up to link my account. If I closed the pop-up, I was taken back to the main woot page, and I was not logged in.

Logging in with woot and then logging in/linking with amazon was the only way they would let me through.

bestsportnascar

bradyarz wrote:Yup, and that's exactly how I logged in. I tried three times, and after I entered my credentials, every single time I was presented with an Amazon pop-up to link my account. If I closed the pop-up, I was taken back to the main woot page, and I was not logged in.

Logging in with woot and then logging in/linking with amazon was the only way they would let me through.

Interesting. I've never logged in with my amazon account here. I wonder if that is the difference.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bestsportnascar

pktDragon wrote:Hi, I'm still not seeing how to link accounts. I can log in under amazon but it only show the 2 items I'd previously ordered that way. All of my woot items (basically everything but those two things) do not show as history. How do I correct this?

This should help.

https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7333829&pageindex=1#post7334327

sriramk2387 wrote:Login with your Amazon account that has prime, and on "Do you have a Woot account?" page, enter your Woot! account credentials. That should be all you need to do if you don't have that Amazon account linked already to a different Woot! account.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pktDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pktDragon
bestsportnascar wrote:

Hi, nowhere do I see a "do you have an account with woot". If I log in with amazon, it simply asks for my credentials and let's me in. Do you have a link to the actual page that let's me link the two?

ThunderThighs

Staff

bradyarz wrote:Yup, and that's exactly how I logged in. I tried three times, and after I entered my credentials, every single time I was presented with an Amazon pop-up to link my account. If I closed the pop-up, I was taken back to the main woot page, and I was not logged in.

Try clicking the sign-in button instead of pressing enter. I think we have a small bug there where it grabs the first button on the dialog box. Thought it was fixed but maybe not.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe
ThunderThighs wrote:To be fair to everyone, the price will be $10 flat with free shipping for all.

There'd still be tax though, no?

There is what to learn from the potato.

bestsportnascar

pktDragon wrote:Hi, nowhere do I see a "do you have an account with woot". If I log in with amazon, it simply asks for my credentials and let's me in. Do you have a link to the actual page that let's me link the two?

There isn't a page that just lets you link the two. It should have popped up through the sign on process like so:

Step 1: Click the login with Amazon

Step 2: Enter Amazon Credentials

Step 3: Authorize Amazon to send info to woot.

Step 4: (This page popped up automagically) Type in normal woot credentials.

Hopefully TT can help if that page isn't popping for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SColburn

quality posts: 31 Private Messages SColburn

AWESOME!! Now, if only I could pay for woot things with Amazon gift cards...

x5

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

yes, I will be buying more now. $5 shipping broke my bank, so now at least I'll have something to show for it rather than an empty shipping box.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Try clicking the sign-in button instead of pressing enter. I think we have a small bug there where it grabs the first button on the dialog box. Thought it was fixed but maybe not.

(It is fixed but pipeline was blocked last Friday so hasn’t been deployed yet. Should go through by tomorrow :-) ).

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

bankernosaj

quality posts: 21 Private Messages bankernosaj
SColburn wrote:AWESOME!! Now, if only I could pay for woot things with Amazon gift cards...

I was just going to ask this, or use points from my Amazon Card or Hilton rewards......will this ever be an option?

*28 *3

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

bankernosaj wrote:I was just going to ask this, or use points from my Amazon Card or Hilton rewards......will this ever be an option?

Not in the near future. There’s a bucket ton of weird integration and inter-company stuff to make all the funds transfer and accounting stuff work right, but there’s also weird regulatory issues with gift cards particularly. We will keep trying to find a way, but probably not possible in the near term.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

bradyarz

ThunderThighs wrote:Try clicking the sign-in button instead of pressing enter. I think we have a small bug there where it grabs the first button on the dialog box. Thought it was fixed but maybe not.

I'm not sure if that was the issue it not. It sure makes sense, though.

Hopefully this will help others who are also in the fence, but I'm willing to bet that once Amazon has linked my accounts, they'd rather me pry them from their cold, dead hands than freely allow me to unlink. (I had a similar experience trying to unlink a trial of Audible. "Sure, you can get rid of Audible - just close your Amazon account.")

SColburn

quality posts: 31 Private Messages SColburn
wajeremy wrote:Not in the near future. There’s a bucket ton of weird integration and inter-company stuff to make all the funds transfer and accounting stuff work right, but there’s also weird regulatory issues with gift cards particularly. We will keep trying to find a way, but probably not possible in the near term.

x5

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

peaceetc wrote:I'm guessing that when we, uh, encouraged Woot to do this the other day you knew it was coming and couldn't say anything. Well played, TT.

TT KNOWS ALL

even more than Santa!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bestsportnascar wrote:I may have to link my amazon account now.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

DO IT BSN

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

sriramk2387

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sriramk2387

Staff

pktDragon wrote:Hi, nowhere do I see a "do you have an account with woot". If I log in with amazon, it simply asks for my credentials and let's me in. Do you have a link to the actual page that let's me link the two?

That could be because you have a different Woot account linked to the Amazon prime account already. Currently, the only way a new Amazon account could be linked to an existing Woot account is during sign up, and looks like you did not pick that option then. You can verify this by checking the username on both the accounts (one through Woot login and other through Amazon prime login) - they would be different, pointing to them being different accounts.

f00l

quality posts: 2 Private Messages f00l

@ThunderThighs

I am logged in as @f00l and all also linked to my Amazon Prome account?

Just checking.

When I am logged in this way at woot, do emails from woot go to the email address on file for @f00l, or go to the Amazon account email address?

Thanks

@f00l

Jodi1964

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jodi1964

I cannot get my accounts to link. When I try, it says I do not have an Amazon account, but I've had one for 4 plus years.

I emailed your support, and they have not been able to help. So frustrated.

ThunderThighs

Staff

f00l wrote:@ThunderThighs

I am logged in as @f00l and all also linked to my Amazon Prome account?

Just checking.

When I am logged in this way at woot, do emails from woot go to the email address on file for @f00l, or go to the Amazon account email address?

Thanks

@f00l

Your @f00l account shows Amazon Prime. You can see it in YOUR ACCOUNT.

Email will go to any and all accounts where you have Daily Digest and Newsletter selected for communication.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Jodi1964 wrote:I cannot get my accounts to link. When I try, it says I do not have an Amazon account, but I've had one for 4 plus years.

I emailed your support, and they have not been able to help. So frustrated.

Is it possible that you already log in with Amazon on a different account?

Make sure you're logging in on the Amazon login dialog box with your Amazon email and password.

Feel free to PM me with specifics - accounts, what it's doing, etc.

To private message me, click on the envelope next to my name in this post. To check your PMs, click on the envelope to the right of the Everything But Woot tab.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit

EXCITING!
BUT-
2 questions.

1- My wife's account is currently the one linked with Amazon- I'm assuming because that account uses the same email address as our amazon account-

SO- Is there a way to UNLINK that account and link mine instead. We really don't use her woot account for anything anymore other than voting.

2-Shirt.woot- Are the prices going to shift to not include shipping now that this is an option- That way we are not paying for shipping twice (Prime fee plus shirt.woot added price)-

I get that shirt.woot's prime benefit includes EXPRESS shipping, but I think it would be a much smarter move for sales to bring the prices back down a bit and NOT include shipping in the price, and then have prime as a shipping option like the rest of woot-

ThunderThighs

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:EXCITING!
BUT-
2 questions.

1- My wife's account is currently the one linked with Amazon- I'm assuming because that account uses the same email address as our amazon account-

SO- Is there a way to UNLINK that account and link mine instead. We really don't use her woot account for anything anymore other than voting.

2-Shirt.woot- Are the prices going to shift to not include shipping now that this is an option- That way we are not paying for shipping twice (Prime fee plus shirt.woot added price)-

I get that shirt.woot's prime benefit includes EXPRESS shipping, but I think it would be a much smarter move for sales to bring the prices back down a bit and NOT include shipping in the price, and then have prime as a shipping option like the rest of woot-

1) Can't unlock Amazon from an account at this time. That's a limitation on Amazon's side. :\

2) No plan to change shirt pricing. We knew about this at the time of the change. It was a necessary change.

Prime costs are spread across many purchases, not individual shirt purchases.

hellbroke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellbroke

So, shipping to HI and AK been figured out there oh Amazon Prime gods of the New World? Me wants my vittles!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
ThunderThighs wrote:
Prime costs are spread across many purchases, not individual shirt purchases.

SEMANTICS!!! ;)

Thanks for all the info- Glad to see this finally happening!

JDSardone

quality posts: 25 Private Messages JDSardone
Free Standard Shipping*
Log in with your Amazon Prime account and receive free standard shipping on Woot! orders. They'll even come to you in a cardboard box! (Unless it's in a bag. Sometimes they're in bags).

Free Express Shipping on Shirt.Woot*
Prime members also receive free express shipping on all Shirt.Woot orders. Treat your torso! Or some other part of your body – we're not here to tell you HOW to wear a shirt.

I do seem to remember some shirt tags which said "Do not wear as pants"

so that last line is kinda contradictory now isn't it Woot...

ThunderThighs

Staff

hellbroke wrote:So, shipping to HI and AK been figured out there oh Amazon Prime gods of the New World? Me wants my vittles!

Still no shipping to AK/HI. Sorry.

letsgoski

quality posts: 5 Private Messages letsgoski

Thank you! Now it will be harder to say no to good deals. :-)

draigun

quality posts: 32 Private Messages draigun
photobobk wrote:You just have to know where to find them...
Product type: Bidet
Product: (Mfgr/model)
Category: Tools & Garden
Sub Category: Pressure Washers

Condition: Used