Back to Amazon.com
+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This here thread will be for any and all Bet on Colds that you might get during the February Woot-Off!!

Prepare for

Gif courtesy of drgandalf

31 days hath...crap

New rule for 2018:

Limit one bag per 31 days, per person. To clarify – you cannot have purchased a Bag o’ Crap in the previous 31 days, NOT counting the day you are trying to purchase. That’s Woot Math, and that’s our policy.

Read more here.

IT'S ANOTHER FREAKING CHANGE!!!!

With the addition of Free Standard Shipping for Amazon Prime members, we want the total cost of a Bag o' Crap to be the same for everyone.

For this reason, the price is now $10 with free shipping for everyone. There's no difference in the contents. It's the same disappointing crap as when you paid $5 + $5 shipping.

Note: if you have other items in your cart, you will be charged the appropriate shipping amount.

Note x 2: It doesn't count towards $5 ships all day. Sorry.

WHY DID I GET...

DENIED: We ran out of Bet on Colds before we even took your money so we denied your order to end the process.

CANCELLED: We ran out of of Bet on Colds right further down the process and we had to cancel the order to reverse gears.

Canceling Duplicate Orders

Due to a backend software change, I will have a different method to locating and canceling duplicate orders - people ordering another Bet on Cold with a different account.

My guess is that I will find more than before.

If it looks like a duplicate, I will cancel it. No exceptions and no remorse on my end.

SHIPPING

These are shipped UPS Surepost. That means that UPS may or may not hand off your crap to your local post office. For some whacko reason, they sometimes mark it as delivered even though it's at your post office.

Make sure to give it a couple extra days before panicking.

IS TO POST WHAT YOU GET!!!!

You gotta share. That's what's so fun about them. Join the community! Post away. Guess what you may get. What are you hoping for?

PS: It's also quality control for me.

So remember! No taking your Bet on Cold and running off with it.

Quick & Dirty Instructions for Imgur!

and now....

Quality Posts

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

quality posts: 15 Private Messages qazxswe
ThunderThighs wrote:With the addition of Free Standard Shipping for Amazon Prime members, we want the total cost of a Bag o' Crap to be the same for everyone.

Technically that's not fully possible if people are paying more sales tax than others.

(But yeah, I get what you meant.)

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

TheRiverz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRiverz

Oh I need birthday disappointment 2/28 ba-aby

ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:Technically that's not fully possible if people are paying more sales tax than others.

(But yeah, I get what you meant.)

Don't be testy. I'm not drinking until tonight.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

xvolution

quality posts: 30 Private Messages xvolution

Surprisingly got one on the first try. Time for disappointment.

ThunderThighs

Staff

xvolution wrote:Surprisingly got one on the first try. Time for disappointment.

Others went to bed. Silly Wooters!

xvolution

quality posts: 30 Private Messages xvolution
ThunderThighs wrote:Others went to bed. Silly Wooters!

Bed? What's that?

mahlei

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mahlei

Got one!!!

Rbear135

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rbear135

Got one, was about to go to bed too.

x3

apes

quality posts: 22 Private Messages apes

got one

owlhooter

quality posts: 39 Private Messages owlhooter

I somehow managed to snag one, was off on another woot tab browsing around and clicked back over and it was about 50%. But was sold out as soon as I got mine, but now I don't have to watch all day.

pjr175

quality posts: 30 Private Messages pjr175

The wife and I both got one!

x28 = 319lbs

theant

quality posts: 11 Private Messages theant

Never before have I got a Bet on Cold on the first try. And never without waiting in the "room" since the room was added to the process.

Now to wait and see what I get. Good thing it will be coming "soon", I am in the process of looking for a new residence and should have a new address by the time we have the next woot off.

baconlady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages baconlady

First one I qualified for since December so after all the patient waiting I've done I guess you could say I'm pretty excited. (feels like 12 years)

x31

ThunderThighs

Staff

baconlady wrote:First one I qualified for since December so after all the patient waiting I've done I guess you could say I'm pretty excited. (feels like 12 years)

LOL. Yet it's only been a few weeks.

lm55608

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lm55608

Snagged my "cold"! Had an "Oh Yeah!, happy dance," moment, followed by a "Oh Hell, forgot to sign in with AP for free shipping, what a Dumb Ass!" But then, all the excitement came back, double time, when I saw 10 bucks for crap regardless! Woot you just rock my world; especially since my last 3 days at work have been ridiculously hard, and stressful! Not quite sure why snagging this coveted item can make everything in the world "Right as Rain", but it does! Thank you Woot for making my day!

morpheusphreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morpheusphreak

I've still never managed to snag one after years of lurking. There's ALWAYS something that distracts me at the key moment...or server errors.

First world problems. ;)

ThunderThighs

Staff

lm55608 wrote:Snagged my "cold"! Had an "Oh Yeah!, happy dance," moment, followed by a "Oh Hell, forgot to sign in with AP for free shipping, what a Dumb Ass!" But then, all the excitement came back, double time, when I saw 10 bucks for crap regardless! Woot you just rock my world; especially since my last 3 days at work have been ridiculously hard, and stressful! Not quite sure why snagging this coveted item can make everything in the world "Right as Rain", but it does! Thank you Woot for making my day!

Yay, someone that's not angry! Woohoo!

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 53 Private Messages digitaljanitor
ThunderThighs wrote:Yay, someone that's not angry! Woohoo!

But I thought you fostered disappointment (which often leads to anger)

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

EuGenENew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EuGenENew

Woot-Off has started to be dissapointing

morpheusphreak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morpheusphreak
EuGenENew wrote:Woot-Off has started to be dissapointing

So that means the Woot Off is back on track ;)

mikeschultz85

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mikeschultz85

Darn fine, I mean crappy, names for the Bet on Colds this go 'round!

x20

SylvreKat

quality posts: 42 Private Messages SylvreKat

So I'm confuzzled how the percentage of remaining works. The safety-key thingy was down to 12%, so I checked that I was indeed signed in. When it refreshed, it was at 41%.

Is this some of that New Math I hear tell of?

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

Meanwhile, my morning has already started out disappointing. I got excited by the laptop bed table. Then I saw it doesn't have a built-in fan.

Sigh. Disappointment.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

curtw4 wrote:...to drop NRATV. ...

I love when folks use acronyms assuming everyone knows what the letters stand for.

I'm guessing Naked Riding All-Terrain Vehicle (yes, I'm talking about our local Breezy Rider )

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

bsmith1

quality posts: 154 Private Messages bsmith1
ThunderThighs wrote:Others went to bed. Silly Wooters!

Pass out with my phone in my hand. #toooldforthisshit

ThunderThighs

Staff

SylvreKat wrote:So I'm confuzzled how the percentage of remaining works. The safety-key thingy was down to 12%, so I checked that I was indeed signed in. When it refreshed, it was at 41%.

Is this some of that New Math I hear tell of?

>'Kat

It's a random combination of timers vs quantity vs human interaction. Just something to mess with your minds.

psuchad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages psuchad

Getting the "Yikes, there's been a server error" message. That's a new one for me.

x33x1 x1

jesse1470

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jesse1470

Oh man got one, best lead up to the disappointment thus far. After the delays in sales early this morning and the disappointment of deciding to go eat some cereal at 430 this morning to discover that the only cereal we had was Raisin Bran and I was really craving cin toast crunch after talking about it... Getting this one made it worth staying up for... Hopefully haha

X10

mikeschultz85

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mikeschultz85

Luckily no server errors for me. Rocky Mountain Crap coming my way!

x20

letsgoski

quality posts: 5 Private Messages letsgoski
psuchad wrote:Getting the "Yikes, there's been a server error" message. That's a new one for me.

I was logged in with Amazon and I got a server error with 100% left, then again with 6% left. Extra disappointing!

psuchad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages psuchad

I demand a truckload of crap for everyone encountering the server error!

Just kidding. I assume it is due to Prime login. Will keep pressing F5 logged in with my Woot account.

x33x1 x1

sammydog01

quality posts: 71 Private Messages sammydog01

I happened to check my phone at about 1:05 last night- lucked into crap. Weirdly it was at 80% left and I didn't even wind up in the vestibule. Plus I got a micro SD card cheap. Score!

jacquie11a

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jacquie11a

I got one. I feel like its been forever since my last crap. Really it's only been since Christmas, but I wasn't eligible for the last woot off, so yup it feels like forever.

=First EVA!

That makes 17 Craps for me!

ThunderThighs

Staff

psuchad wrote:Getting the "Yikes, there's been a server error" message. That's a new one for me.

Just like the old days!!!!

tnhillbillygal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tnhillbillygal

I managed to snag one! I was waiting for the Twitter notification and used it to purchase mine. Can't wait to see what disappointment is in store!

x10

andvarix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages andvarix

Nabbed me a Rocky Mountain Crap, seeing as how I live in Colorado that means I should receive it by tomorrow at the latest right? Shipping with some Rocky Mountain Air and none of that Texas stuff?

Also, I was logged in on my Amazon Prime account and hit several server errors, just kept trying the link from Woot Stalker over and over again and it went through eventually. Just keep trying until it's gone, doesn't seem to be either Woot account or Prime related either from some of the other comments.

And with the 31 day between Woots (not including today) that should mean anyone who snagged a Bet on Cold today won't be able to get another one until March 30th.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Don't be testy. I'm not drinking until tonight.

HEHEHE

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

TheRiverz wrote:Oh I need birthday disappointment 2/28 ba-aby

GOOD luck and Happy Day Before You Birthday Day!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

ThunderThighs

Staff

We've got a LOT of new customers with the Prime benefit.

Look at the number of people trying at the last Bet on Cold sale compared to the one shortly after midnight.