Woots Sold (rank):
Top 20% of Woot.com Woots
Top 15% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Apple Macbook Pro 13" I7 16GB
Price: $1499.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Mar 01 to Friday, Mar 02) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

mwheeleror

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwheeleror

I wish it had a reasonable number and variety of ports.

I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro and would love to upgrade, but only two USB-C ports on this and newer MacBooks, and one of them being needed for power sucks.

When will Apple realize dongles are not an elegant solution? Give us back our ports!

adrianlatrace

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adrianlatrace

Damn. Wish I was in the market right now. Have the same computer but the 250 gb version and I love it. I initially hated the new keyboard but I learned to really, really like it a lot. Ended up being surprised at how much I like the computer. The port issue isn't a big deal when you get one of those big two-port dongles that has every port you would ever need.

marcusjunus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcusjunus

does woot charge a restocking fee if we decide to return the item?

Lahmacun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lahmacun

stopped spending $1000+ on laptops since my last laptop 3 years ago. If this one dies I am buying a chrome book.

vajdas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vajdas

What a color is it?

RocRizzo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RocRizzo
vajdas wrote:What a color is it?

The same color as every MacBook.

"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

TriWooter168

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TriWooter168

Seriously, a year later cost $1.5k.
Today world, 4k + 16gb ddr4 + 512 SSD M.2 + 15" inch cost $1.5k. Which one should I buy?

stevofc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevofc
RocRizzo wrote:The same color as every MacBook.

They have 2 colors now. space gray and silver.

mbren28568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbren28568

It's definitely a little frustrating but when I'm using my laptop on my lap, it doesn't bother me - and when I'm using it on my desk I have a usb c dock that gives me everything I need.

The only time it's REALLY an issue is when I need to use it someplace that is not my normal workspace, at which point I have to crack out my bag 'o' dongles. You DO get used to it (Which is not to say it's a good thing, just not necessarily a show stopper either)

mwheeleror wrote:I wish it had a reasonable number and variety of ports.

I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro and would love to upgrade, but only two USB-C ports on this and newer MacBooks, and one of them being needed for power sucks.

When will Apple realize dongles are not an elegant solution? Give us back our ports!

Signature was getting too long
Bucket of Coral - 6/3/2013
Bucket of Coral - 5/18/2014

dgoulian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgoulian

They don't provide the model number, but this MacBook appears to be the newest version with only USB-C. You will need at least $50 in dongles to connect to hard drives, SD cards and external monitors. Also the keyboard is the worst Apple has ever made and mine has been in the shop 3 times. Also, I bumped the corner and the "taskbar" is now dead (not sure if this one has a taskbar). Apple has sacrificed quality for thinness.

BrianC4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrianC4
stevofc wrote:They have 2 colors now. space gray and silver.

I'm waiting for the space silver color to drop and then I'm in for at least 2!

Nargg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nargg

At least it has an audio jack *facepalm*

I think I'd rather than the 4K Dell XPS that's on sale today at Woot for under $1,000. Much better deal.

mbylund7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbylund7

What model is this? I can't seem to find it in the description.

TruthSpewer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruthSpewer
mbylund7 wrote:What model is this? I can't seem to find it in the description.

Looks like this is the late 2016 model. I'm passing due to it being almost 2 year old model.

youngjian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages youngjian

what is the retail price for this?

hpatelmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpatelmd

This one at best buy is $2200, looks close to these specs

https://tinyurl.com/y8d7f282

lemenhir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemenhir
TruthSpewer wrote:Looks like this is the late 2016 model. I'm passing due to it being almost 2 year old model.

You can get a similar spec 2018 model directly from Apple for the same price.

bdecker202

quality posts: 20 Private Messages bdecker202
lemenhir wrote:You can get a similar spec 2018 model directly from Apple for the same price.

I don't think that's true

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro

Apple has $1299 for 128GB SSD and 8GB RAM.
Apple has $1499 for 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM

+$200 for upgrade from 8GB to 16GB RAM
+$200 for upgrade from 256GB to 512GB SSD

Best similar offering from Apple is $1899, and that's with Core i5 instead of i7.

Roger Snyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roger Snyder

Good price.

I recently bought the 2017 16/512 I5 from Apple for $1609. It's the newer model, but it was also refurbished. (Though Apple refurb is basically new.)

Since I use my computers forever, I'm replacing a 2008 MacBook, I'm glad to have the most recent model, but this is a good deal.

raenee97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raenee97

I don't need a lot of portability from my Macbook, I use it as a true laptop maybe 20% of the time. But, since I like having that option, I bought a docking station.

You can leave your monitor(s), mouse, keyboard, external drive, etc., plugged into the dock, and when you're ready to use it as a desktop machine, just plug the dock into your USB-C port and there ya go (you can keep the lid open or closed, your call). This is not something the Macbook has a monopoly on, just saying it's an option for those who, like me, don't want to own a desktop AND a laptop. I just prefer OS X over any version of Windows, and I unfortunately am willing to pay the Apple Tax for that.

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

vajdas wrote:What a color is it?

The color is silver.

jerrydoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrydoes

Does this model have the Touch Bar?

laphroaigh123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laphroaigh123
lemenhir wrote:You can get a similar spec 2018 model directly from Apple for the same price.

think again

Wooter855683224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter855683224

Hello, is it possible to specify whether you get the space grey or silver model?

Wooter855683224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter855683224
Wooter855683224 wrote:Hello, is it possible to specify whether you get the space grey or silver model?

Sorry, just read the spec more carefully!

Taranach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Taranach

Seriously? Why would I want to spend another $500 for a "Crapbook" that has less of a processor, less screen size, half the resolution, less memory, less hard drive... heck, less *Everything* than the refurbished 15" laptop also on sale today... the ONLY thing it has going for it is that "trendy" Apple logo, and a case that can get lost in a file folder... I'll take power and capability over hyped up, overpriced trash any day... Pass

Wooting since July 2K4

exoreck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exoreck
RocRizzo wrote:The same color as every MacBook.

Exactly ,the color is pink !

mforsyth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mforsyth

this model should include a 61W charger rather than the described 29W charger usually included with MacBooks

juliushemanth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliushemanth

I wish its still available, I need one, I just missed it :-(

5uck3rpunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5uck3rpunch

Can someone at woot please contact me about an order for this product that was declined for no reason? Order#: ########.

(Update): Got a reply email from someone there with a canned response that is incorrect. I will never buy from this pathetic company again. I will also alert the social media team at the telecom company I work for to spread the word.

Wooter350201407

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter350201407
5uck3rpunch wrote:Can someone at woot please contact me about an order for this product that was declined for no reason? Order#: ########.

Same here. Did you buy through Amazon pay? I did with the same result. I wonder if anyone got this laptop?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

5uck3rpunch wrote:Can someone at woot please contact me about an order for this product that was declined for no reason? Order#: ########.

(Update): Got a reply email from someone there with a canned response that is incorrect. I will never buy from this pathetic company again. I will also alert the social media team at the telecom company I work for to spread the word.

That's a rather dramatic response to a decline from a 3rd party verification system.

We don't control the security checks. It's often caused by the address on your billing sources not being the same.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooter350201407 wrote:Same here. Did you buy through Amazon pay? I did with the same result. I wonder if anyone got this laptop?

Yes, many people.

Make sure that your billing address on Amazon matches the billing address on your payment source. That's a common reason for declines.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Wooter350201407

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter350201407
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, many people.

Make sure that your billing address on Amazon matches the billing address on your payment source. That's a common reason for declines.

Both cards match my billing address through Amazon. I sent a note for customer service to call me, with phone number provided, after the denial. All I get in return is the canned apology letter. To not work with people to correct the issues means poor customer service to me and another customer lost to you.