Back to Amazon.com
+ Add a Comment

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Starting Tuesday, March 6th, 2018, we’ll be hiding $10 coupons in secret spots on our site for the next 7 days. Where, do you ask? That’s why it’s called a QUEST, knucklehead. You gotta find them!

Mortimer will be hacking into our site four times a day to drop $10 coupons into in various locations: random offers, forum threads, on the app, in an image, in a poll, in a monkey chat, on your forehead (probably not all of those). They could be ALMOST ANYWHERE. You’ll know you’ve found one if you stumble across a weird alphanumeric string of characters like QSWJQA7CAW or S2ZZJZI7FW or even 7GQJGIQQQI. And no, none of those work. But kudos for trying!

If you DO find a real code, you’d better act quickly because they are only valid for the day they are posted, and there are only a handful times that each coupon can be used. Like, a really, really small handful. So the first Wooters to use them, get them. If you’re lucky enough to uncover a coupon, use it first, then post about it in this thread below.

Also, because of the really, really, REALLY limited amount of uses per coupon, you may stumble across a coupon and get all excited and go to use it at checkout, only to find out that it’s already been used. Don’t fret! Like we mentioned, Mort will be dropping them onto the site four times each day through March 12th, 2018.

So, clear your calendar and be ready to spend 168 straight hours scouring the site and the app for these really, really, really, really, really limited-quantity $10 coupons. Or maybe don’t pay attention at all and wait for someone else to post about them in the thread below. But by that time, they might be used up. Good luck!

THE DREADED FINE PRINT: Coupons are worth $10 each. Coupons must be applied at checkout. Coupons expire at 11:59pm CT on the day they are posted on site. Coupons cannot be applied to shipping charges. Coupons are NOT valid on Gourmet.Woot orders. Coupons cannot be combined with other offers. Coupons can be redeemed just once per customer – meaning if you use your $10 on an $8 product, you’re not going to have a $2 coupon balance for your next order. Coupons are spelled “coupons” but can be pronounced “coo-pons” or “q-pons” depending on your location. Woot.com makes no claim on the proper pronunciation of “coupons.”

Want a badge for your signature?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/XIrr2wJ.gif[/img]

APDWaldo6

quality posts: 23 Private Messages APDWaldo6

Ok so who found the code yet

x15x37

TimUSCA

quality posts: 8 Private Messages TimUSCA
like QSWJQA7CAW or S2ZZJZI7FW or even 7GQJGIQQQI. And no, none of those work.

And yet, I still tried...

smcatellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcatellier

I don't think they are actually giving codes... they are simply too elusive.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Here's the thread!!!

Wow! Some people are quick on the hunt!

The coupon has been found and has been used up for this one. There will be 3 more times later today. No, we won't tell you when.

Where was it? It was in the specs of the Home daily.

Did you find it?

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bankernosaj

quality posts: 20 Private Messages bankernosaj

So I am confused. How do you know what items you can or cannot use it on?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you can use it on everything except Gourmet. I read limited number of items not limited number of times.......I'm a little slow today.

*28*3

acraigl

quality posts: 229 Private Messages acraigl

I don't think there's any chance I'm going to see one of these. At least not in time. Or at all.

VOTE >

rachael0169

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachael0169

There’s too much crap to look through to find one of these codes & be lucky enough that it still works. I wish I could take the day off to spend looking through the same stuff over & over again in search for these dang things. Booo to adulting!

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1
acraigl wrote:I don't think there's any chance I'm going to see one of these. At least not in time. Or at all.

Don't think my work computer could handle running page monitors on every woot page/image...

sycanmarsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sycanmarsh

This is too damn complicated. If I had a sense of humor or time.......

jhitpo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhitpo

I assume they'll be in the Gourmet section since no one buys from there lol.

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
jhitpo wrote:I assume they'll be in the Gourmet section since no one buys from there lol.

:snark:

I think it's a fun idea, maybe not exactly the best day to run it. If I've ran through the top offers and decided I don't want any of them, why bother screwing around digging for a coupon I'm not going to use and probably has been used up by the time I get to it?

Moar better would be during a wootoff.

bsmith1

Possible locations:
1 Product Description
2 Features Tab
3 Specs Tab
4 Product Image
5 Product Image text
6 Random Forum Post (look for last post by wootbot or a forum mod...although if ninja edited and existing post, I don't think that would show...)
7 Shirt.woot derby entry
8 HTML source code

Where else should I be checking?

therealjrn

bsmith1 wrote:Possible locations:
1 Product Description
2 Features Tab
3 Specs Tab
4 Product Image
5 Product Image text
6 Random Forum Post (look for last post by wootbot or a forum mod...although if ninja edited and existing post, I don't think that would show...)
7 Shirt.woot derby entry
8 HTML source code

With @lichme. He can track changes to the pages.

bsmith1

Possible locations:
1 Product Description
2 Features Tab
3 Specs Tab
4 Product Image
5 Product Image text
7 Shirt.woot derby entry
8 HTML source code

Edit:
9 A hidden link or a link to the coupon disguised as a normal warranty link or user guide link...

bsmith1

therealjrn wrote:With @lichme. He can track changes to the pages.

Ok. I'll call him up.

qazxswe

quality posts: 13 Private Messages qazxswe
bsmith1 wrote:Possible locations:
1 Product Description
2 Features Tab
3 Specs Tab
4 Product Image
5 Product Image text
7 Shirt.woot derby entry
8 HTML source code

Edit:
9 A hidden link or a link to the coupon disguised as a normal warranty link or user guide link...

Polls, monkey chat, the checklist on TT's desk...

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

bsmith1

qazxswe wrote:Polls, monkey chat, the checklist on TT's desk...

Ah. Thanks. I never scroll all the way down to the polls.

Roulettegrl67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Roulettegrl67
TimUSCA wrote:And yet, I still tried...

That is so funny and I'm sure everyone else has tried too!...lol

therealjrn

I can't say for sure, but I bet probably the red-headed stepchild "Flash Deals" category will lack coupons.

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

Much too complicated to script, and a waste of time to check for multiple times a day unless I happen upon one.

My time is worth more than the $10 I'd save on a coupon, that would go towards something I probably wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

Cool idea for those that happen across one, just not something I'm interested in. Good luck!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

bsmith1

lichme wrote:Much too complicated to script, and a waste of time to check for multiple times a day unless I happen upon one.

My time is worth more than the $10 I'd save on a coupon, that would go towards something I probably wouldn't have purchased otherwise.

Cool idea for those that happen across one, just not something I'm interested in. Good luck!

WTH, lich?! I thought you'd have a sub-site on wootstalker for tracking every deal page (including flash deals) to alert of any changes.
Slacker!

bsmith1

Possible locations:
1 Product Description
2 Features Tab
3 Specs Tab
4 Product Image
5 Product Image text
7 Shirt.woot derby entry
8 HTML source code
10 Polls
11 In a drop-down list for item options (size/color,etc)
12 Events (plus sales / groups of items) headers (image or text)
13 TT's forum signature

bsmith1

FYI: 8Cr13MoV is just a type of steel.
Also, model numbers don't currently seem to work as coupons... (ex:A3EMERGENCYLIGHT or VEVOFD25105G)

hjf922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjf922

Found a description of the first pair of Pearl Izumi Biking Shorts and under its specs there is a code LYCRAA, but it doesn't work! Is this not a code?

qazxswe

hjf922 wrote:Found a description of the first pair of Pearl Izumi Biking Shorts and under its specs there is a code LYCRAA, but it doesn't work! Is this not a code?

Lycra is a fabric.

bsmith1

hjf922 wrote:Found a description of the first pair of Pearl Izumi Biking Shorts and under its specs there is a code LYCRAA, but it doesn't work! Is this not a code?

Seems to be a typo...LYCRAAr
Lycra is a type of fabric.

bsmith1

lichme wrote:Much too complicated to script, and a waste of time to check for multiple times a day unless I happen upon one.

What about a brute-force way of cycling through the random alpha-numeric to verify if any are valid coupons?

hjf922

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hjf922
bsmith1 wrote:Seems to be a typo...LYCRAAr
Lycra is a type of fabric.

What a great time for a typo, nicely done WOOT

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ooooooooooooooh. There will be another coupon hidden soon!

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooooooooooooh. There will be another coupon hidden soon!

Something must be wrong if you know that Mortimer will be hacking the site soon (and don't stop him).

ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, I for one, appreciate you not bypassing the game.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

Whatever, I will still just come here, look at things I am not going to buy, read the poles and leave just like I always do.

bsmith1

I found one, but it's not working...
Don't know what else it could be...

Edit: It worked!

Hints:
-It's not on a main deal, but it is on an item page (not a category page or anything like that)
-The code is visible as text without having to click on any links or anything.
-The font is NOT bold

qazxswe

bsmith1 wrote:I found one, but it's not working...

Woohoo!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hints:
-It's not on a main deal, but it is on an item page (not a category page or anything like that)
-The font is NOT bold

Thank you for not posting the code.

bankernosaj

quality posts: 20 Private Messages bankernosaj

Hints:
-The font is NOT bold

So there are about 770 items......i'm through about 10 with no luck, lol

*28*3

smcatellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcatellier
ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooooooooooooh. There will be another coupon hidden soon!

How soon?

JDSardone

quality posts: 23 Private Messages JDSardone

Hints:
-The font is NOT bold

I think i found it but its not working so maybe they have all been used. TT?

ThunderThighs

Staff

smcatellier wrote:How soon?

Now and for about the last 45 minutes.