Top 6% of Woot.com Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Apple iPad Air 2 64GB LTE Tablet (S&D)
Price: $259.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Mar 14 to Monday, Mar 19) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/15/2018 - $269.99

aznsensation627

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aznsensation627

This iPad is 4 years old... Not worth it Imo

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 61 Private Messages skispeakeasy

If you have kids, these are perfect for placing on the back of a headrest.

Just buy one of those baby mirrors that strap to the head rest, slip the mirror out, and slide in the iPad which is about the same size.

bitman

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bitman

Best Buy has the newer 2017 iPad on sale for $250 - brand new, though only 32GB.

coachwoodward

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coachwoodward
bitman wrote:Best Buy has the newer 2017 iPad on sale for $250 - brand new, though only 32GB.

Is that just WiFi or cellular, too?

btb601

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btb601
coachwoodward wrote:Is that just WiFi or cellular, too?

WiFi only.
And 100 more for the 128GB.

coachwoodward

I have an iPad air2 & love it! However, mine is Wi-Fi only.
Never owned a tablet or phone that wasn’t purchased through my cellular plan - is this ready to use for at&t?
Is it unlocked?
Do I just need to get a SIM card from my carrier?
Do you usually get a SIM card when you add another device to your plan?

Any & all help would be greatly appreciated.

usr2284a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usr2284a
coachwoodward wrote:I have an iPad air2 & love it! However, mine is Wi-Fi only.
Never owned a tablet or phone that wasn’t purchased through my cellular plan - is this ready to use for at&t?
Is it unlocked?
Do I just need to get a SIM card from my carrier?
Do you usually get a SIM card when you add another device to your plan?

Any & all help would be greatly appreciated.

Unlocked - yes
AT&T - It will work with any US LTE carrier - AT&T included.
SIM Card - usually free from your carrier if you are adding it to your account. $10 at the most.

Keep in mind there will be a monthly charge to have this device on your account and probably an activation fee. May be worth it if you use it on cellular data a lot. Otherwise you may just want to activate your phones hotspot feature when you want to use it and lack a wifi signal.

mtoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtoy

I have this same iPad, bought it 4 yrs ago. At first I added it to my AT&T acct, it was $10/month and I think $36 to activate. Later on I took it off and just used my phone's hot spot instead of paying every month.

The 64GB is a nice size, but because of the age, this model is now feeling very slow and outdated. I'm looking to upgrade sometime soon.

molar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molar

Very good deal has 2gb ram memory unlike iPad air which has 1gb memory. Updating the firmware made my air2 faster.I'm on T-Mobile one unlimited data $20/ month.

coachwoodward

mtoy wrote:I have this same iPad, bought it 4 yrs ago. At first I added it to my AT&T acct, it was $10/month and I think $36 to activate. Later on I took it off and just used my phone's hot spot instead of paying every month.

The 64GB is a nice size, but because of the age, this model is now feeling very slow and outdated. I'm looking to upgrade sometime soon.

I’m on AT&T. Could you please tell me how you use your phone’s “hotspot”? We have an unlimited data plan & I have a 5s model.

coachwoodward

molar wrote:Very good deal has 2gb ram memory unlike iPad air which has 1gb memory. Updating the firmware made my air2 faster.I'm on T-Mobile one unlimited data $20/ month.

How do update your firmware?

riovilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riovilla

I paid with Amazon Prime and you still
charge me with shipping charges.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

riovilla wrote:I paid with Amazon Prime and you still
charge me with shipping charges.

Hi there. You have to log in with Amazon. Just doing Pay with Amazon doesn't work.

Easiest way to make sure you're logged in with Amazon is to sign out of Woot and then sign in by clicking Login with Amazon.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

chedlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chedlin
coachwoodward wrote:I’m on AT&T. Could you please tell me how you use your phone’s “hotspot”? We have an unlimited data plan & I have a 5s model.

The base AT&T unlimited plans don’t allow the hotspot. The iPhone checks with the carrier.

The mobile share plans and the unlimited plus plans do

Bendalyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bendalyre
coachwoodward wrote:I’m on AT&T. Could you please tell me how you use your phone’s “hotspot”? We have an unlimited data plan & I have a 5s model.

One disadvantage of some (maybe all) unlimited data plans is that they don’t allow you to hotspot. On my I-phone the option simply disappeared from the menu when I changed to an unlimited plan, then returned later under >cellular; but it just says ‘contact us’ when you click it.

durkzilla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages durkzilla
Bendalyre wrote:One disadvantage of some (maybe all) unlimited data plans is that they don’t allow you to hotspot. On my I-phone the option simply disappeared from the menu when I changed to an unlimited plan, then returned later under >cellular; but it just says ‘contact us’ when you click it.

The Verizon "Go Unlimited" plan does include the ability to use the personal hotspot, but limits bandwidth to 2G speeds. There is a "Beyond Unlimited" plan that lets you use 4G speeds up to something like 22 GB/mo then throttles.

(Not a Verizon employee, but recently switched my phone plan and had to wade through the muck)

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 53 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
Bendalyre wrote:One disadvantage of some (maybe all) unlimited data plans is that they don’t allow you to hotspot. On my I-phone the option simply disappeared from the menu when I changed to an unlimited plan, then returned later under >cellular; but it just says ‘contact us’ when you click it.

My wife has an ATT GoPhone (prepaid) plan with unlimited everything and it includes the built-in hotspot feature and she only pays $45 a month, which is like less than half of what she was paying when her same iPhone 6s was on a regular ATT plan,

Kbene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kbene

I am still not sure how to apply/buy with Amazon Prime. Help please.

Kim T. Bene'

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Kbene wrote:I am still not sure how to apply/buy with Amazon Prime. Help please.

Sign out using the menu on the top right, then make sure you sign in using Login With Amazon button. Sign in using your Amazon login and password. When you go to checkout you should see shipping as $0.00.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

3eyore

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 3eyore

Ok Woot, Im going to give you a second chance on this. First one I bought(and returned) was locked in by serial number with factory MDM and theres nothing you can do about it. Others beware that this may happen and is indicative of the low attention paid to refurbishment.

I had no trouble signing in with Amazon but do know that its a multi-step process.

vrv2764

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vrv2764

Hi is this generation still supported by Apple? Can it run the latest iOS 11?

vrv2764

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vrv2764

Yes it is and yes it can!

TheLaughingBear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLaughingBear

Do not to buy this tablet. Especially not for a child you wanted to keep safe.
The operating system is hopelessly outdated. It runs on iOS 9.3.5. It is physically impossible to update this iOS. Vital apps will not run on this tablet anymore EG Firefox and even Amazon reader which requires at least iOS 10. This tablet it should definitely be scrapped. For this price you can buy a humble but new Android system that will run all the latest apps. If operating systems and apps can not to be updated you risk security compromises.

ThunderThighs

Staff

TheLaughingBear wrote:Do not to buy this tablet. Especially not for a child you wanted to keep safe.
The operating system is hopelessly outdated. It runs on iOS 9.3.5. It is physically impossible to update this iOS. Vital apps will not run on this tablet anymore EG Firefox and even Amazon reader which requires at least iOS 10. This tablet it should definitely be scrapped. For this price you can buy a humble but new Android system that will run all the latest apps. If operating systems and apps can not to be updated you risk security compromises.

This is from the apple site:

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mtoy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtoy
TheLaughingBear wrote:Do not to buy this tablet. Especially not for a child you wanted to keep safe.

My iPad Air 2 is running 11.2.6...

coachwoodward

mtoy wrote:My iPad Air 2 is running 11.2.6...

Mine too.

xrayangiodoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xrayangiodoc

Mine Too!
I ought mine a few years ago on eBay and it has been fine. Still runs my apps as fast as I need. Came with an AT&T sim. I replaced it with a free T-Mobile sim that gives me 200 Mb of free data a month "Forever". If I need more I use my phone's WiFi hotspot.

xrayangiodoc

afwalton

quality posts: 9 Private Messages afwalton
The operating system is hopelessly outdated. It runs on iOS 9.3.5. It is physically impossible to update this iOS.

I think you mistook this for an iPad 2. It's an iPad AIR 2, which is only one generation behind current and runs the current iOS version. Given that the iPad Air also runs IOS 11, this one probably has at least one more full-integer update to come.

chipgreen

quality posts: 290 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. You have to log in with Amazon. Just doing Pay with Amazon doesn't work.

Easiest way to make sure you're logged in with Amazon is to sign out of Woot and then sign in by clicking Login with Amazon.

Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Wait, when did this start? Great news but I must have missed the announcement?

ThunderThighs

Staff

chipgreen wrote:Wait, when did this start? Great news but I must have missed the announcement?

I hope you're joking. It was on every site, at the top of the page, in many daily digests, in polls, etc.

Just in case, here

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:I hope you're joking. It was on every site, at the top of the page, in many daily digests, in polls, etc.

Just in case, here

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar