beatonthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beatonthis

Heya... im prob just being blind, but is there really no dedicated search engine on the front page here? i found the custom google seach one on the community pages but not the main page... just seems a little backwards to me if im right and not just suffering from a case of domestic blindness lol

acraigl

quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
Wooter266969248 wrote:Heya... im prob just being blind, but is there really no dedicated search engine on the front page here? i found the custom google seach one on the community pages but not the main page... just seems a little backwards to me if im right and not just suffering from a case of domestic blindness lol

Nope, a glaring omission for over a decade. Welcome to Woot!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooter266969248 wrote:Heya... im prob just being blind, but is there really no dedicated search engine on the front page here? i found the custom google seach one on the community pages but not the main page... just seems a little backwards to me if im right and not just suffering from a case of domestic blindness lol

Yeah, some year we may actually have a search. It's hard to figure out how to have a good search when you have a small set of products. Do you return "Not Found" for 88.4% of the requests? Sigh.

Anyway, no search.

We do have All Deals which lets you narrow down by category.

Or our Discover page which lets you scan on a nice, pretty, and soothing page.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

wajeremy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

acraigl wrote:Nope, a glaring omission for over a decade. Welcome to Woot!

I mean, a decade ago if you had trouble finding things on woot, I wouldn’t blame the lack of search. ;-)

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

bsmith1

quality posts: 151 Private Messages bsmith1

You can try the search on http://wootstalker.com. (not affiliated with woot)

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme
bsmith1 wrote:You can try the search on http://wootstalker.com. (not affiliated with woot)

That's a lie. It is affiliated with woot

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

acraigl

quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
wajeremy wrote:I mean, a decade ago if you had trouble finding things on woot, I wouldn’t blame the lack of search. ;-)

That's fair. When did the side sales actually start appearing?

ThunderThighs

Staff

acraigl wrote:That's fair. When did the side sales actually start appearing?

May 2012

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 151 Private Messages bsmith1
lichme wrote:That's a lie. It is affiliated with woot

I suppose in the sense that it is "closely associated", but not in the the sense that it is "of a subsidiary group".

From the page footer of wootstalker: "This site is not owned, moderated, or endorsed by Woot.com. Any text, images, or other content is property of woot.com"

ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:That's a lie. It is affiliated with woot

It's ok. We love you.

todaresq

quality posts: 82 Private Messages todaresq

There was a search bar for a day or so... didn't do much good though. ;)

peaceetc

quality posts: 69 Private Messages peaceetc
todaresq wrote:There was a search bar for a day or so... didn't do much good though. ;)

I loved that search bar since it randomly led to bags of crap.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017).

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Search bar?
I don't need no stinkin' searchbar!

wajeremy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

daveinwarshington wrote:Search bar?
I don't need no stinkin' searchbar!

Though after 2 outages today, I need a something bar. Maybe a wine bar, or a whisky bar.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme
bsmith1 wrote:I suppose in the sense that it is "closely associated", but not in the the sense that it is "of a subsidiary group".

From the page footer of wootstalker: "This site is not owned, moderated, or endorsed by Woot.com. Any text, images, or other content is property of woot.com"

More like in the sense that it is a direct affiliate (Maybe better known here as a "Minion").

The disclaimer is there because I steal their product write-ups/images. I intentionally left out the word affiliate. I don't want to mis-represent that I am an employee.

ThunderThighs wrote:It's ok. We love you.

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space