Back to Amazon.com

lichme

quality posts: 3919 Private Messages lichme

No new product threads for any of the deals today? Is Wootbot drunk, or has he been relieved of his duties?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
lichme wrote:No new product threads for any of the deals today? Is Wootbot drunk, or has he been relieved of his duties?

I think he has been placed on an unpaid absence because someone (not naming names) was complaining about duplicate flash deals.

I think the person that was complaining about that posted a duplicate thread though.

https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7364318&pageindex=1&replycount=4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yeah, and I’m not happy. I reported it at 1am and someone decided it wasn’t important enough to fix until business hours.

I’m in a very grumbly mood now. VERY grumbly.

Anyway, don’t expect them until at least noon CT.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

lichme

bestsportnascar wrote:I think the person that was complaining about that posted a duplicate thread though.

https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7364318&pageindex=1&replycount=4

That appears to be about some other site, hence why it was posted in Everything but Woot. I am talking about the comments on Woot.

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Nargg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nargg

Yeah, the guys that do this must be on vacation. I was wanting to ask about the 1800 TC, that sheet must be like cardboard.

mylionmaker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mylionmaker
lichme wrote:No new product threads for any of the deals today? Is Wootbot drunk, or has he been relieved of his duties?

Probably a new intern in IT web support messed with product template. The "Discuss this Deal" link and artwork dropped off any new pages.

bestsportnascar

lichme wrote:That appears to be about some other site, hence why it was posted in Everything but Woot. I am talking about the comments on Woot.

You are correct. My mistake.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snapster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Snapster
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, and I’m not happy. I reported it at 1am and someone decided it wasn’t important enough to fix until business hours.

I’m in a very grumbly mood now. VERY grumbly.

Anyway, don’t expect them until at least noon CT.

at least it wasn't the weekend :D

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

And it looks like the comments are back!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

Staff

THEY LIVE!!!

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

Snapster wrote:at least it wasn't the weekend :D

Seriously. They wouldn't have wanted to see me on Monday.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

Whose bright idea was it to have forums created by fired events rather than someone clicking "Discuss This Deal" for the first time though? Can I blame Luke or Shawn for that one. Snapster, wanna own this COE? :-D

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

wajeremy wrote:Whose bright idea was it to have forums created by fired events rather than someone clicking "Discuss This Deal" for the first time though? Can I blame Luke or Shawn for that one. Snapster, wanna own this COE? :-D

This is *certainly* the first time in 6 years that our forum creation code has failed us.

wajeremy

Staff

riknik wrote:This is *certainly* the first time in 6 years that our forum creation code has failed us.

Hey! Duct tape isn't THAT reliable.

lichme

wajeremy wrote:Whose bright idea was it to have forums created by fired events rather than someone clicking "Discuss This Deal" for the first time though? Can I blame Luke or Shawn for that one. Snapster, wanna own this COE? :-D

Seems to me like the best strategy would be to have the thread auto create as it currently does, with a fallback allowing one to be generated ad-hoc if it doesn't exist.

riknik

Staff

lichme wrote:Seems to me like the best strategy would be to have the thread auto create as it currently does, with a fallback allowing one to be generated ad-hoc if it doesn't exist.

But -- stay with me, now -- what if we just assumed everything always worked? Now you've got no problem.

lichme

riknik wrote:But -- stay with me, now -- what if we just assumed everything always worked? Now you've got no problem.

You know what they say about people who assume..... you're fired. Now you don't have any problems either. Except paying for stuff.

<3

ThunderThighs

Staff

wajeremy wrote:Hey! Duct tape isn't THAT reliable.

YOU LEAVE DUCT TAPE ALONE!!!

shawnmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmiller

What are you going to do when multiple people concurrently click “Discuss This Deal” for the first time? We used to have a flood of people eager to discuss deals the moment they launched. Is that not a problem to solve for anymore?

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

wajeremy wrote:Hey! Duct tape isn't THAT reliable.

It's strong, though:

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

wajeremy

Staff

shawnmiller wrote:What are you going to do when multiple people concurrently click “Discuss This Deal” for the first time? We used to have a flood of people eager to discuss deals the moment they launched. Is that not a problem to solve for anymore?

Oh that's easy. Add them to a QUEUE!

riknik

Staff

shawnmiller wrote:What are you going to do when multiple people concurrently click “Discuss This Deal” for the first time? We used to have a flood of people eager to discuss deals the moment they launched. Is that not a problem to solve for anymore?

We managed to solve (to various degrees of success) for the similar issue with nearly-concurrent sales of fast-selling items, without quantum mechanics or a magic Time-Turner.

wajeremy

Staff

riknik wrote:
We managed to solve (to various degrees of success) for the similar issue with nearly-concurrent sales of fast-selling items, without quantum mechanics or a magic Time-Turner.

YOU LIED TO ME RIKNIK. That was the basis of your whole promotion.

riknik

Staff

wajeremy wrote:YOU LIED TO ME RIKNIK. That was the basis of your whole promotion.

brb

shawnmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmiller
wajeremy wrote:Oh that's easy. Add them to a QUEUE!

Ok, great. Then fixing it shouldn’t take too long ;)

lichme

So if you're gonna go a head and make stuff all fancy and what not, might I suggest (again) adding the comment count to the json feed for EventType=Daily. It has been missing since it was created, and it's present on the RSS Feed.

TIA

bestsportnascar

Narfcake wrote:It's strong, though:

That seems like a highly inefficient way to use a forklift when all that tape is sitting on a perfectly good pallet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯