Top 8% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Silhouette Cameo 3 Craft Bundle
Price: $189.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 09 to Tuesday, Apr 10) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/18/2018 - $198.99
1/4/2018 - $197.99
11/26/2017 - $189.99

1/19/2018 - $203.99 (Woot Plus)
1/19/2018 - $203.99 (Woot Plus)
10/20/2017 - $199.99 (Woot Plus)

tohru

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tohru

I have the first and second generation. I think I bought them on woot as well. I am being lazy and don't want to Google. How does this differ from the Cameo 2?

carigirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carigirl
tohru wrote:I have the first and second generation. I think I bought them on woot as well. I am being lazy and don't want to Google. How does this differ from the Cameo 2?

The 3 has an automatic blade and will auto-set the cutting depth depending on the material used

bek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8d1zfDMWE

ib99rt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ib99rt

I'm on some cameo groups on Facebook and I see people having alot of problems with the cameo 3. I own the cameo 2 and never have a problem. Some of the problems are comets user error, but some of the problems are feeding and cutting issues related to software and firmware.

flameout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flameout

I have the Cameo 3 and so far have had zero problems. I've never had the 1 or 2, so can't compare, but so far, love the 3

jbenedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenedi
ib99rt wrote:I'm on some cameo groups on Facebook and I see people having alot of problems with the cameo 3. I own the cameo 2 and never have a problem. Some of the problems are comets user error, but some of the problems are feeding and cutting issues related to software and firmware.

I only have the 3 so can't compare, but it works great! No problems. The self adjusting blade is a pleasure.

tohru

Thanks for all your help. Everytime I see a new crafty type machine I want it.

Does anyone have any tips on htv and the Cameo?

What types of things do you use your Cameos for?

I just bought the Mint on here a week or two ago and I should probably open that before buying anything else.

kauboy9816

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kauboy9816

The wife wanted one to make some shirts. It was a Mother's Day gift. We went with the 3 and have both used it for shirts and stickers. Always have a new spare blade at the ready.

tohru

kauboy9816 wrote:The wife wanted one to make some shirts. It was a Mother's Day gift. We went with the 3 and have both used it for shirts and stickers. Always have a new spare blade at the ready.

Any specific brand of vinyl? Have you used more than one color on your shirts?

sarabz76

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sarabz76

I have one of the first generation and am starting to have a lot of issues. Thinking of upgrading, it's tempting!

linrey

quality posts: 4 Private Messages linrey

One of the new features is dual knife/pen holder. The photo here doesn't show the inside of the machine.

I believe most problems are with software. Once you have a version that works STAY WITH IT - don't upgrade unless it is absolutely necessary.

Busychick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Busychick
tohru wrote:Thanks for all your help. Everytime I see a new crafty type machine I want it.

Does anyone have any tips on htv and the Cameo?

What types of things do you use your Cameos for?

I just bought the Mint on here a week or two ago and I should probably open that before buying anything else.

[response] I have the Cameo 2 and love it. Regarding HTV buy it through Amazon; cheaper. Regarding regular adhesive vinyl don’t use the Silhouette brand nor the cricuit brand unless that’s your last resort. Not good quality. Stick with Oracle 651.

I have made a lot of things from Birthday cards, invitations, T-shirt’s, wood signs and cups all with the help of my silhouette. It has been a great investment.

Lord John Whorfin

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Lord John Whorfin

Model 3 also has bluetooth, very convenient.
I recently purchased a Graphtec blade holder and blades, and I could not be more pleased with the result. In my opinion it makes much better cuts than the Silhouette blades. When I do an intricate design with lots of tiny details on card stock, using a brand new Silhouette blade, I always have to weed a good 30% of the small cuts. With the Graphtec, the card lifts right off leaving all the bits stuck to the mat, it's magic!

I'm pretty sure there was a much better sale on the model 3 here on Woot, but it was standalone. The problem with the bundle is you may be paying for stuff you don't need.

One final thought: look up the starter kits (glass etching, heat transfer, vinyl, appliqué...) they contain materials and instructions that are fantastic to familiarize you with a new technique. I have made a few really beautiful pieces with glass etching, and all it takes is making a vinyl stencil.

tohru

Busychick wrote:[response] I have the Cameo 2 and love it. Regarding HTV buy it through Amazon; cheaper. Regarding regular adhesive vinyl don’t use the Silhouette brand nor the cricuit brand unless that’s your last resort. Not good quality. Stick with Oracle 651

I have made a lot of things from Birthday cards, invitations, T-shirt’s, wood signs and cups all with the help of my silhouette. It has been a great investment.

I will wait to buy the cameo 3 since I already have the original that still works and the cameo 2 that also works. I don't need it.

Thanks for the advice about the vinyl. I will look into making tshirts.