Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

TETON Sports Scout3400 Internal Frame Backpack
Price: $44.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Apr 10 to Wednesday, Apr 11) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

snowwalkervpk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowwalkervpk

Purchased one of these bags off of Amazon back in 2016 and used it for an over knight packing trip. I'm 5'10" and the bag is very comfortable when hiking. Only issue I had was trying to stuff my sleeping bag into the bottom compartment.

matthaak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthaak
snowwalkervpk wrote:Purchased one of these bags off of Amazon back in 2016 and used it for an over knight packing trip. I'm 5'10" and the bag is very comfortable when hiking. Only issue I had was trying to stuff my sleeping bag into the bottom compartment.

Putting it to an over knight test is a pretty rigorous challenge.

Sold.

sleddy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sleddy

:/

ibbleschitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ibbleschitz

http://ultimatebackpacksguide.com/teton-sports-scout-3400-internal-frame-backpack-review/

patric9956

quality posts: 15 Private Messages patric9956

For you metric types - approx 55 liters.

Speedogomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Speedogomer
ibbleschitz wrote:http://ultimatebackpacksguide.com/teton-sports-scout-3400-internal-frame-backpack-review/

I don't trust any review that doesn't use the correct form for "you're" in the very 1st sentence.

That said, my brother used a Teton pack for a few years. Was a pretty well built pack. The suspension system is very simple, but works to transfer some weight to your hips and keep the pack from dragging down on your shoulders. I don't like adjustable torso length packs much, but my brothers Teton wasn't bad when I tried it on.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
matthaak wrote:Putting it to an over knight test is a pretty rigorous challenge.

Sold.

Jousting is one thing, but wonder where he stuffed the horse?

TC1 USCG Ret

mephisto2u

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mephisto2u
Speedogomer wrote:I don't trust any review that doesn't use the correct form for "you're" in the very 1st sentence.

That said, my brother used a Teton pack for a few years. Was a pretty well built pack. The suspension system is very simple, but works to transfer some weight to your hips and keep the pack from dragging down on your shoulders. I don't like adjustable torso length packs much, but my brothers Teton wasn't bad when I tried it on.

Can we trust your brother? Or brother's opinion??? :-)

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
mephisto2u wrote:Can we trust your brother? Or brother's opinion??? :-)

Can we trust reviews when they misuse the term "Suspension System"? IMO, Support System is a better term. Just sayin.. :-)

TC1 USCG Ret

allenjpl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenjpl

This is not an ultralight backpack, weighing in at 4.5 lbs. However, it's very sturdy. I got one for my son a few months ago for his Scout hikes, and he has not been gentle. It's held up well. This is about a Hamilton cheaper than the cheapest price I could find then. In for one more.

Speedogomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Speedogomer
mephisto2u wrote:Can we trust your brother? Or brother's opinion??? :-)

Never trust my brother. He's my twin, one of us must be evil. Don't trust me either I guess

tc1uscg wrote:Can we trust reviews when they misuse the term "Suspension System"? IMO, Support System is a better term. Just sayin.. :-)

Suspension is the industry standard term for what holds a backpack, to your back, and transfers the weight to your hips. It's not a misuse of the term, it is the correct term.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/pack-design-technology/suspension