Woots Sold (rank):
Top 43% of Woot.com Woots
Top 38% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Microsoft Surface 13.5" Touch Laptops
Price: $819.99 - 1699.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Apr 13 to Wednesday, Apr 18) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

newgen87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages newgen87

I7 16gb 512gb model is 1599.99 Brand new, no tax, and free shipping on ebay.And that was the first result. I am sure there are cheaper ones too. Link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-13-5-Surface-Book-Multi-Touch-512GB-16GB-RAM-i7-Notebook-CR7-00001/391803481938?epid=219466431&hash=item5b394eaf52:g:ZDEAAOSwLGtZqSvD

[MOD: not the same]

crabclaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crabclaw

that's a surface book, not a surface laptop.

newgen87 wrote:I7 16gb 512gb model is 1599.99 Brand new, no tax, and free shipping on ebay.And that was the first result. I am sure there are cheaper ones too. Link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-13-5-Surface-Book-Multi-Touch-512GB-16GB-RAM-i7-Notebook-CR7-00001/391803481938?epid=219466431&hash=item5b394eaf52:g:ZDEAAOSwLGtZqSvD

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1
crabclaw wrote:that's a surface book, not a surface laptop.

For those wanting to know the differences:

Laptop vs. Book

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

patric9956

quality posts: 15 Private Messages patric9956
Woody1 wrote:For those wanting to know the differences:

Laptop vs. Book

Good link. I almost bit until I read this.

MrBostn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrBostn

Came here for the apples to oranges comparisons...

nuggy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nuggy
MrBostn wrote:Came here for the apples to oranges comparisons...

Not saying you can get these deals now......

And I am not going to spend the time researching......

But....."NEW" before Christmas......The street prices were lower......and I paid less than this.....NEW!

Very nice notebook if anyone cares .....Microsoft to get a high end Windows PC on the market vs. the MacBook Air had to build their own......As we all know......HP, Dell, Toshiba, Lenova......OK.....But not elegant.....

HB861

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HB861

it really only has wireless A/B/G/N and no AC???

HB861

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HB861

does windows S include free upgrade to Windows 10 pro? otherwise I think you can only run apps from windows store correct?

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090
HB861 wrote:it really only has wireless A/B/G/N and no AC???

It has AC
Wi-Fi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-laptop/tech-specs

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090

Windows 10 S is way annoying on a device like this.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg

I don't think I'd be too fast to grab a SP. I don't think this is isolated, but, a co-worker has a windows 8.1 version. She's giving it to me since it keeps locking up, rebooting or just dies. She's so frustrated, she got a new laptop and is done with tablets.

Now, all I will say is, we no longer buy or use surface pros. They have been pretty consistent about being un-reliable. Failures form freezes, reboots or just shutting down w/o warning. We have moved to the Dell version tablet which has been pretty solid since deployment back in the late summer 2017. We have 20 in the filed with people who could find ways to break a crowbar. I got one in my office now to update the VPN settings that appears to have dug up from a sand pile. Oh well..

TC1 USCG Ret

claynpotter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages claynpotter
tc1uscg wrote:I don't think I'd be too fast to grab a SP. I don't think this is isolated, but, a co-worker has a windows 8.1 version. She's giving it to me since it keeps locking up, rebooting or just dies. She's so frustrated, she got a new laptop and is done with tablets.

Now, all I will say is, we no longer buy or use surface pros. They have been pretty consistent about being un-reliable. Failures form freezes, reboots or just shutting down w/o warning. We have moved to the Dell version tablet which has been pretty solid since deployment back in the late summer 2017. We have 20 in the filed with people who could find ways to break a crowbar. I got one in my office now to update the VPN settings that appears to have dug up from a sand pile. Oh well..

You are lucky to have a friend who's willing to give you SP (free?). Can I be your friend's friend, too?
I have original SP 1. Yes, one with Windows 8. It updated to Windows 10, and it's been running for past few years without any issues. BTW, this woot is for Surface laptop, not Surface Pro.
I think I'll go for LG gram, though.

needanaccount

quality posts: 0 Private Messages needanaccount
Woody1 wrote:For those wanting to know the differences:

Laptop vs. Book

Isnt surface book better than laptop anyways??

lewtus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lewtus

Wife just scored one at Microsoft 16Gb and 512 for $1400 with Office and pens two chargers..etc

kyacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyacker
tc1uscg wrote:I don't think I'd be too fast to grab a SP. I don't think this is isolated, but, a co-worker has a windows 8.1 version. She's giving it to me since it keeps locking up, rebooting or just dies. She's so frustrated, she got a new laptop and is done with tablets.

You're my company's IT guy, aren't you?

nabutu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nabutu

Has anyone tried blowing away that crummy, MS Store ecosystem, constantly-updating, constantly-rebooting spyware of an Operating System and installing something like Linux Mint on one of these?

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

Furthering other points already made... Surface, Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Laptop, Surface RT, are all different models completely. Also, we use a large handful of Surface Pro 3 & 4 models at work without much issue at all. They are our primary workhorses and the convenience of folding up your tablet in seconds to walk out the door makes working from multiple locations more efficient. I love my SP3 after using for 3+ years with Window 8.1. Windows sucks, but I get through it.

Also worth noting that I manage the IT portion of business around these parts, so maybe I can just get past the few issues people run into because I understand how to fix it.

jehster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jehster

First and last Surface I bought tends to randomly shut down when you close the lid and then unplug it from the Mac wannabe power connector. If you disconnect it from power first, then close the lid, you're good. Their hardware is about as crappy as their software.

photobobk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages photobobk
MrBostn wrote:Came here for the apples to oranges comparisons...

...Stayed for those who prefer asking questions in the comments rather than actually reading the product descriptions/specs.

(Refers to all sections and not just his particular thread.)

wraith808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wraith808

I've had a surface pro 4 for a couple of years now, and have experienced no problems. That's not this, however, but I figured I'd post this as people are posting comparisons to the every surface product ever made...

jatfowl0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatfowl0

Just offering this as a data point. I've had a Surface 1 tablet, a Surface 3 tablet, and just got a Surface laptop recently.

I have no complaints about any of them, but the Surface laptop is my favorite. It has a very high build quality--the screen is gorgeous and the keyboard and aluminum bezel have a premium feel. It is very light and the battery life is excellent given the size and computing power under the hood. The touchscreen works well with a finger or a stylus, but I find I don't touch the screen very much compared to the Surface tablets I've owned in the past mostly because the screen can't lay down flat (unlike the Surface Book and the Surface Pro tablet).

My only complaint about it is no USB-C ports so I am stuck using the (proprietary) charging brick, which is not huge but also not particularly small. But the brick has a standard USB port built in that you can use charge other things, which is an underappreciated design feature.

If you want a light and portable high-end laptop and don't feel like paying the Apple Premium (and are ok with Windows), you can't go wrong here.

bek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bek
nabutu wrote:Has anyone tried blowing away that crummy, MS Store ecosystem, constantly-updating, constantly-rebooting spyware of an Operating System and installing something like Linux Mint on one of these?

Yuck, no.

bek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bek
wraith808 wrote:I've had a surface pro 4 for a couple of years now, and have experienced no problems. That's not this, however, but I figured I'd post this as people are posting comparisons to the every surface product ever made...

I have the Surface Pro 1 and 3. No problems whatsoever. Excellent tablets and top quality devices.