Order Pace (rank):
Top 15% of Woot.com Woots
Top 5% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 3% of Woot.com Woots
Top 1% of all Woots

michaelvella

quality posts: 20 Private Messages michaelvella

I’m finding mildly conflicting things online about sizing on these regarding needing to go up a half. Would be interested to hear from anyone that’s worn these - I’ve had to in the past with Mizuno.

TheWebHead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheWebHead

I don't own this model, but I like Mizuno for impact absorption and being lightweight, breathable and having good arch support. I have Wave Inspire 14. This Wave Horizon model was released around 2009 (or at least that's the Amazon list date), there's a Wave Horizon 2 since then... There's usually more upgrades than this model has had in 8-9 years, though I own many shoes older than that, and these are shoes, not phones.

Update: Amazon item listing date at 2009 is wrong, they're a late 2016 shoe release it appears, based on reviews.

DJG

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DJG

Anyone who has had experience with Mizuno's fit, particularly width, would be great the to hear about.

boosthead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boosthead

I have been wearing size 11 for my last few pairs of Nike running shoes so went with 11 for the last Mizuno Wave inspire 13 and they were too big. They seem to be 1/2 size bigger than the nikes. That said, not sure if the Horizons have the same fit. One running site I ran across said order 1/2 size smaller and that would be consistent with my other Mizunos.

curryte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curryte

Does Mizuno think that everyone has the same width? I find that many mfrs don't offer a width choice. I can never be a customer simply because I have a wide foot.
It's disheartening to say the least.

DJG

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DJG
curryte wrote:Does Mizuno think that everyone has the same width? I find that many mfrs don't offer a width choice. I can never be a customer simply because I have a wide foot.
It's disheartening to say the least.

Me too, I'm 3W. Brooks and New Balance, and others offer wide, but often sales don't offer WW, WWW, and 4W if they offer anything. Sometimes I can live with "D" if the platform toe box appears wide enough, or the fabric giving enough. Fila used to make a shoe that even in D it was perfect fit b/c the fabric and lace tie hole positions were so giving. Good luck!

drewcroa

quality posts: 36 Private Messages drewcroa

Please remember that running shoes are designed differently for "styles" of running, different foot attributes, and different needs. These may not be for you or they may be and you got a good deal.

Also, remember that this in an old model and has been sitting around the warehouse for awhile. The "rubber" that they use can degrade in that time shortening the life of the shoe.

That being said...

Here is a shoe review from Runner's World

halfdriven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halfdriven

Curious why you say it is "old" when they are still for sale as new

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/13141/mens-mizuno-wave-horizon

Also, remember that this in an old model and has been sitting around the warehouse for awhile. The "rubber" that they use can degrade in that time shortening the life of the shoe.

That being said...

Here is a shoe review from Runner's World[/quote]

drewcroa

quality posts: 36 Private Messages drewcroa
halfdriven wrote:Curious why you say it is "old" when they are still for sale as new

This is an old shoe model released in 2016, there has since been an update to the model (Wave Horizon 2), that will have made upgrades to the original model. These shoe while technically "new", will have been sitting around the warehouse for a couple of years, hence the "old" label.

bentone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bentone
DJG wrote:Me too, I'm 3W. Brooks and New Balance, and others offer wide, but often sales don't offer WW, WWW, and 4W if they offer anything. Sometimes I can live with "D" if the platform toe box appears wide enough, or the fabric giving enough. Fila used to make a shoe that even in D it was perfect fit b/c the fabric and lace tie hole positions were so giving. Good luck!

I like Keen for hiking and casual wear. They are wide and have a large toe box. Many models are made in the USA. I have never tried any running shoes from them.

pchak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pchak

I just thought I would add a few General comments, based on some of the other responses as well. As many people have said, being an older model isn't that big of a deal. If these shoes came out a couple years ago, the rubber isn't going to break down in that time frame.
As you know that's a great job for people that need some motion control and some cushioning. Of all the shoes that I have been wearing over the last 30 years as a runner, I can consistently buy Mizuno and come up with a winner. Due to a heel spur and achilles tendonitis, I need a high drop. Not everyone does, but the heel-to-toe height in the shoe is outstanding. It keeps my achilles from inflaming.
I would say that I find Mizuno shoes more accurate in size, and nights being smaller. I always buy true to size.