Back to Amazon.com

thurmanite

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thurmanite

Anyone else getting the error message “An error occurred trying to retrieve information from the server”? The app works on LTE through ATT but when I’m on my WiFi it doesn’t work. I have Spectrum internet BTW.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

thurmanite wrote:Anyone else getting the error message “An error occurred trying to retrieve information from the server”? The app works on LTE through ATT but when I’m on my WiFi it doesn’t work. I have Spectrum internet BTW.

I can't think of anything in the app that would be different for LTE vs Wi-Fi.

Do you have any firewalls or other things that could block the site?

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

aardwolf64

quality posts: 58 Private Messages aardwolf64

I would suggest checking out any Internet filtering you may have turned on at home. Whitelist Woot’s servers, and you should be good.

x30

thurmanite

No internet filtering set up and no site blocking either.

aardwolf64

quality posts: 58 Private Messages aardwolf64

Is it possible that the Woot app is using a non-standard port that Spectrum is blocking?

x30

ThunderThighs

Staff

thurmanite wrote:No internet filtering set up and no site blocking either.

I'd be interested to see the results if you tried another Wi-Fi place like go to a Star Bucks.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

thurmanite

It seemed to work yesterday at a hotel, but it’s really odd this only started happening in the last 2 weeks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thurmanite wrote:It seemed to work yesterday at a hotel, but it’s really odd this only started happening in the last 2 weeks.

If it worked at the hotel, it's something with your home set-up then. You might check with your provider to see what changed.