+ Add a Comment

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Might as well get this started early since the cat's out of the bag.

This here thread will be for any and all Bandolier on Chewies that you might get during the April Woot-Off!!

Prepare for

Gif courtesy of drgandalf

31 days hath...crap

New rule for 2018:

Limit one bag per 31 days, per person. To clarify – you cannot have purchased a Bag o’ Crap in the previous 31 days, NOT counting the day you are trying to purchase. That’s Woot Math, and that’s our policy.

Read more here.

PRICE

With the addition of Free Standard Shipping for Amazon Prime members, we want the total cost of a Bag o' Crap to be the same for everyone.

For this reason, the price is now $10 with free shipping for everyone. There's no difference in the contents. It's the same disappointing crap as when you paid $5 + $5 shipping.

Note: if you have other items in your cart, you will be charged the appropriate shipping amount.

Note x 2: It doesn't count towards $5 ships all day. Sorry.

WHY DID I GET...

DENIED: We ran out of Bandolier on Chewies before we even took your money so we denied your order to end the process.

CANCELLED: We ran out of of Bandolier on Chewies right further down the process and we had to cancel the order to reverse gears.

Canceling Duplicate Orders

Remember, I check for duplicate orders. If it looks like a duplicate, I will cancel it. No exceptions and no remorse on my end.

SHIPPING

These are shipped UPS Surepost. That means that UPS may or may not hand off your crap to your local post office. For some whacko reason, they sometimes mark it as delivered even though it's at your post office.

Make sure to give it a couple extra days before panicking.

IS TO POST WHAT YOU GET!!!!

You gotta share. That's what's so fun about them. Join the community! Post away. Guess what you may get. What are you hoping for?

PS: It's also quality control for me.

So remember! No taking your Bandolier on Chewie and running off with it.

Quick & Dirty Instructions for Imgur!

and now on with the crap....tomorrow (4/25)

Quality Posts

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Maybe I can get a crap tomorrow for my 100th purchase. It's about time I was better than everyone else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 52 Private Messages digitaljanitor

Died in the VoP - no surprise there

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

bsmith1

quality posts: 152 Private Messages bsmith1

Got one. Take that, March crappers!

LindaGibson99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LindaGibson99

Yay me! I got one.

I am so ready to be disappointed, I just can't stand it.

This actually looks like my dog. Maybe I should include her in my reveal pics

larrygrochal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larrygrochal

If my order got cancelled ( I know. Things sell out ) and it’s in my order history, am I still eligible for a bag today? Or does it mess up the 31 day timer?

astangelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astangelo

Alright, what's the secret to catching a deal when it's first offered? I realize I'm asking for the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices recipe but I can't figure this out on my own.

The main sellout page obviously lags compared to the actual item's page (just compare the percentages). So too does the posting in the forum (comes up about 20 seconds later).

The API is more realtime but I was just viewing a page (rapidly refreshing) based off the API and when the next item first popped up, it was already down to 96% left. Someone had already purchased the item before the API displayed it.

Where can I go to see the items RIGHT when they are first offered? Because, obviously somebody knows. I'll F5/⌘+R like mad. I just want to know I have a fighters chance.

larrygrochal

astangelo wrote:Alright, what's the secret to catching a deal when it's first offered? I realize I'm asking for the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices recipe but I can't figure this out on my own.

The main sellout page obviously lags compared to the actual item's page (just compare the percentages). So too does the posting in the forum (comes up about 20 seconds later).

The API is more realtime but I was just viewing a page (rapidly refreshing) based off the API and when the next item first popped up, it was already down to 96% left. Someone had already purchased the item before the API displayed it.

Where can I go to see the items RIGHT when they are first offered? Because, obviously somebody knows. I'll F5/⌘+R like mad. I just want to know I have a fighters chance.

I use Twitter. That’s how I got a 1 of 2 item last time.

bestsportnascar

astangelo wrote:Alright, what's the secret to catching a deal when it's first offered? I realize I'm asking for the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices recipe but I can't figure this out on my own.

Remember, just because the % is below 100% doesn't mean it has sold any. It is also on a timer. The delay is terrible though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
larrygrochal wrote:If my order got cancelled ( I know. Things sell out ) and it’s in my order history, am I still eligible for a bag today? Or does it mess up the 31 day timer?

Yes, because it doesn't count as an order. (Just like how it doesn't increase the amount of purchases you've made.)

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

riona

quality posts: 9 Private Messages riona

Twitter seems to be the fastest way to see the Bandolier on Chewie posted in my experience. Make sure you've got notifications for Woot turned on for Twitter

12/20/13 Backpack of Crap
6/2/14 Random Crap (Start of computers.woot)
7/11/14 Birthday Celebrations Crap and Shirt Crap
7/11/17 Birthday Celebrations Crap
10/17/17 October Crap
11/20/17 0ffice of B33ler #2 Crap
12/4/17 Cr@pv3nt 4 A11 Crap

larrygrochal

qazxswe wrote:Yes, because it doesn't count as an order. (Just like how it doesn't increase the amount of purchases you've made.)

Thank you!!!! Just making sure because I know the new rules are a bit strickter than they were last year.

SylvreKat

quality posts: 39 Private Messages SylvreKat

Well, I'm gonna be late to work now, but I Snagged my Bag so it's worth it. Just not sure my boss will think the same....

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +1

larrygrochal

2 cancels in a row!!!! Winning!!!! I’m close but not close enough.

bestsportnascar

Twitter is really way ahead. The previous wasn't showing sold out yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

samandlisa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages samandlisa

*walks in the door* Howdy. Nice to see you fine people again.

x2 I did it all for the ---> x27 + 3 Denied

astangelo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astangelo
larrygrochal wrote:I use Twitter. That’s how I got a 1 of 2 item last time.

bestsportnascar wrote:Remember, just because the % is below 100% doesn't mean it has sold any. It is also on a timer. The delay is terrible though.

riona wrote:Twitter seems to be the fastest way to see the Bandolier on Chewie posted in my experience. Make sure you've got notifications for Woot turned on for Twitter

Wise words, all. Thank you!

… And I got my first Bandolier on Chewies!!! Woot!

Thanks again, all.

drgandalf

quality posts: 47 Private Messages drgandalf

TT,

Will there be a Happy Hour today? I could use some Happy!

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
drgandalf wrote:TT,

No HH this month. She needed a reprieve (from the insanity).

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

zrschaef

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zrschaef

Jesus that one went fast

bestsportnascar

I got one and it was my 100th purchase. YAY! Now I await disappointment.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bestsportnascar wrote:Maybe I can get a crap tomorrow for my 100th purchase. It's about time I was better than everyone else.

shit BSN...you have always been better than everyone to me.

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bsmith1 wrote:Got one. Take that, March crappers!

CONGRATS!!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

LindaGibson99 wrote:Yay me! I got one.

I am so ready to be disappointed, I just can't stand it.

This actually looks like my dog. Maybe I should include her in my reveal pics

CONGRATS on your crap LindaGibson99 !!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

SylvreKat wrote:Well, I'm gonna be late to work now, but I Snagged my Bag so it's worth it. Just not sure my boss will think the same....

>'Kat

CONGRATS SylvreKat!!!

If your boss is angry I can send him a note

PRIORITIES!!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

astangelo wrote:Wise words, all. Thank you!

Thanks again, all.

first EVER???

CONGRATS astangelo!!!

ENJOY every minute of waiting and waiting and wondering...it will never again be as good as your first!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bestsportnascar wrote:Twitter is really way ahead. The previous wasn't showing sold out yet.

shit BSN!

I am WAY so out of practice here...crossing my fingers the rest of the year (I will settle for this month!)will be uneventful!

bestsportnascar

cklun wrote:shit BSN...you have always been better than everyone to me.

hahaha thanks! :-P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

riona wrote:Twitter seems to be the fastest way to see the Bandolier on Chewie posted in my experience. Make sure you've got notifications for Woot turned on for Twitter

are you on Woot-Off or Woot!!!
on Twitter?

ThunderThighs

Staff

drgandalf wrote:TT,

As qazxswe noted, no Happy Hour today. Taking a break. Those things wear me out!

ThunderThighs

Staff

astangelo wrote:Wise words, all. Thank you!

Thanks again, all.

Congrats on the impending disappointment. May it be swift.

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bestsportnascar wrote:I got one and it was my 100th purchase. YAY! Now I await disappointment.

CONGRATS BSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU are ONE OF US NOW!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs

Staff

bestsportnascar wrote:I got one and it was my 100th purchase. YAY! Now I await disappointment.

Look at you!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:As qazxswe noted, no Happy Hour today. Taking a break. Those things wear me out!

LMAO!!!

I told everyone not to bother me during Happy Hour hours...so NO ONE tell them them there is not one tonight! I will get some peace and quiet for a couple hours!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Look at you!

our youngster is growing up!

bestsportnascar

ThunderThighs wrote:Look at you!

Lol only took 12 years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jid5000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jid5000

No Bandolier on Chewie. for me this go round......So

sammydog01

quality posts: 70 Private Messages sammydog01

Crap and a dusting monkey! Perfect day! If only that dinosaur bottle opener makes an appearance...