Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Did you remember to bring your reusable tote bag to the grocery store?
  • 20.6% - D'oh! 105
  • 3.3% - Drat! 17
  • 5.9% - Shoot! 30
  • 11% - Dang! 56
  • 11.4% - Whoops! 58
  • 6.1% - Dern! 31
  • 41.7% - Yeah, I did. 212
509 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

California, so I have to.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

crapola50

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crapola50

You forgot: Who cares. That whole thing is stupid.

peaceetc

quality posts: 72 Private Messages peaceetc

I almost always remember to bring them. I hate to waste plastic for no reason and I have a crapton of Woot bags, thankfully. Woot helps me be environmentally friendly.

Any time I do forget and end up with plastic bags I give them to some people who weave them into mats for the homeless.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

douglasddavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douglasddavis

d)all the above

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

I brought mine and some guy just called me a hippy and I am ruining the plastic bag industry. So I gave him a spare plastic bag to wear as a ski mask down to his neck. He put it on. 15 minutes later, problem solved. The color blue looked almost smurfy on his face.

cainemarko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cainemarko

The only reusable bag I take to the grocery store is the cold bag for the meats and frozen foods. But I do recycle the plastic bags I take from the store, along with many other things. Around here the only thing that's a pain to recycle is the styrofoam egg crate. We only have one place that will take them.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 64 Private Messages PocketBrain

I use grocery bags made from old pants. Great for canned goods.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

Yeah... all of the above. The bags are almost always in my car, and I remember that I have them, oh, about the time I start putting stuff on the checkout belt. Sigh. I have been known to ask the greeter at WalMart to watch my shopping cart whilst I run out to get those bags. I do intend to donate the ones that are, even now, mating in my kitchen pantry, to a group that uses them to make mats for the homeless. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

well I voted yes, but mr cklun does all of the food shopping and he does.

I have been banned from food shopping because he said when we went together things he did not choose ended up in the cart at check out....pfft

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

Nope and even double bag my milk ..and I stopped recycling because it's got to expensive for my county so it all ends up in the same bend. *the more you know

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

The wife is in charge of the bags, and whenever I am at a place and see one she doesn't have I get it for her. She has an Amazon Fresh bag, two Publix bags, a Walmart bag, a couple of Stop & Shop bags, a red Pentax bag (got it at a camera show). We are always on the lookout for bags from other supermarkets and have been known to go to a store while on vacation just for the bag. If anyone wants to help we really want a few Tesco bags.

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

bblhed wrote:The wife is in charge of the bags, and whenever I am at a place and see one she doesn't have I get it for her. She has an Amazon Fresh bag, two Publix bags, a Walmart bag, a couple of Stop & Shop bags, a red Pentax bag (got it at a camera show). We are always on the lookout for bags from other supermarkets and have been known to go to a store while on vacation just for the bag. If anyone wants to help we really want a few Tesco bags.

LOL!!!

Love this. Great collection! I wish I had thought of this!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

sammydog01

quality posts: 71 Private Messages sammydog01

The had bunny printed bags half price after Easter so I have about twenty in the car. You would think I could remember at least once, but noooooo.

peaceetc

quality posts: 72 Private Messages peaceetc
stevenlee212 wrote:Nope and even double bag my milk ..and I stopped recycling because it's got to expensive for my county so it all ends up in the same bend. *the more you know

Recycling can be expensive but if you don't take the plastic bags in the first place, then there's nothing to recycle.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

PocketBrain wrote:I use grocery bags made from old pants. Great for canned goods.

I use shirts.

I've posted my no-sew method here:
https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6983639

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

No. They put groceries in a nice clean new plastic sack for me.
When I went to Tacoma for something, they wanted to charge me for a stupid sack!

LindaGibson99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LindaGibson99