Top 1% of Woot.com Woots
Top 0% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

SwissTek Professional HD Wi-Fi Endoscope
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, May 01 to Wednesday, May 02) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/12/2018 - $29.99
1/20/2018 - $29.99
12/21/2017 - $29.99

9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)
9/20/2017 - $34.99 (Woot Plus)

jaburg

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jaburg

LOL @ listing the resolution as "1200p!"

That's NOT how it works guys. The number you use is the second one, the "720." This is a 720p resolution. not a 1200p. Technically, that is HD, but just barely.

ewhac

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ewhac
jaburg wrote:Technically, that is HD, but just barely.

Unfortunately, unethical marketroids decided about 6-7 years ago that anything better than 480i (i.e. standard def) qualified as "HD".

catgrrl

quality posts: 11 Private Messages catgrrl
jaburg wrote:LOL @ listing the resolution as "1200p!"

That's NOT how it works guys. The number you use is the second one, the "720." This is a 720p resolution. not a 1200p. Technically, that is HD, but just barely.

Can't complain too much for $30 though. The old one I have is 640x480.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 53 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Hmmmm. This could be useful in my back alley colonoscopy business. This would probably be way better than flashlight and empty wrapping paper roll I’m using now.

jaburg

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jaburg
DaZoneRanger wrote:Hmmmm. This could be useful in my back alley colonoscopy business. This would probably be way better than flashlight and empty wrapping paper roll I’m using now.

Turkey baster man, that is the ticket.

vatorman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vatorman

Amazon had it for $29.01 with free 2 day shipping. Guess which one I bought ?

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222

Is there a light on this thing? or night vision?

How can I stick this into the pipes and see?

outz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages outz
tp222 wrote:Is there a light on this thing? or night vision?

How can I stick this into the pipes and see?

it's in the 3rd line of the feature section:

8 way adjustable LED

teamjetta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamjetta

Will this product be a good upgrade for the upcoming colonoscopy in Mid May?

Am waiting to see how things come out.

kmdavis60

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmdavis60
ewhac wrote:Unfortunately, unethical marketroids decided about 6-7 years ago that anything better than 480i (i.e. standard def) qualified as "HD".

+1

You wanna talk "unethical marketroids"? Another good place to start is with the total BS of "List Price" being "$199.99" and the discount being 85%. What a load of crapola.

TopStarStores

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TopStarStores

Does this include the "carrying case" as per the Amazon listing?

[MOD: no case, sorry.]

sniffersrow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sniffersrow
teamjetta wrote:Will this product be a good upgrade for the upcoming colonoscopy in Mid May?

Am waiting to see how things come out.

There's no better value for the money than a Colonoscopy Party! I think that since you can share pics and videos with your friends, and it broadcasts via WiFi, why wait until then?

I'm in with Vince McMahon and we're starting up a Butt Chugging League. These devices will do for the BCL, what the SkyCam does for football...Screw on the waterproof cap and you can have an "inside view" of the butt chugging competition. Revolutionary breakthrough in live sports broadcasting! In for 3!!!

scubajoe

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scubajoe

found one on amazon with prime for $25.

Joseph A Husosky

scottfaust

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottfaust

Does anyone know if this is going to work with iOS 11? I see a lot of the ones on Amazon have trouble with that.

Alan69

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Alan69
ewhac wrote:unethical marketroids decided .. anything better than 480i (i.e. standard def) qualified as "HD".

Nothing unethical about it at all. Both 1200x720 and 1920x1080 are part of the HD spec, and both are far better visually than 480. That most things are now 2K or 4K doesn't change the fact that 1200x720 is also HD, and for any small camera that's quite good.

Beyond that the real problem with endoscopes is it's difficult to find anything that is sub 5mm to inspect cylinders through the spark plug hole that doesn't cost a lot more.

robtsou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robtsou

I think the thing you really want to notice is the focal length. Your lens will need to be 5 - 8mm away from whatever you're looking at to get a clear picture.

gainesbuns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gainesbuns
scottfaust wrote:Does anyone know if this is going to work with iOS 11? I see a lot of the ones on Amazon have trouble with that.

I have it working with iOS 11 on an iPhone 7 and iPad

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1037 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DaZoneRanger wrote:Hmmmm. This could be useful in my back alley colonoscopy business. This would probably be way better than flashlight and empty wrapping paper roll I’m using now.

Under 2.5 hours for a colonoscopy mention. Not bad.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg
ewhac wrote:Unfortunately, unethical marketroids decided about 6-7 years ago that anything better than 480i (i.e. standard def) qualified as "HD".

Rental car companies have pulled the same "adjustment". A "mid sized" car NOW use to be a compact back in the day.

TC1 USCG Ret

tomcbc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomcbc

Indeed you are misinterpreting their specifications. The maximum resolution is 1600 x 1200. It is correct to call this 1200p.

tomcbc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomcbc

I bought this the last time it was offered on Woot. It is a piece of junk; completely unusable. The depth of field is so small that it will only focus at an incredibly small range of distance. Even when it is 'in focus', the image is so poor it is almost impossible to tell what you are looking at. DO NOT BUY THIS.

GlobalT38

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GlobalT38

The HD SEE App they say you need has a 2.1 rating in the play store. App requires following permissions which means the company (in this case Chinese) has access to the data (gps location!?) as well:

This app has access to:

- precise location (GPS and network-based)

Phone
- read phone status and identity

Photos/Media/Files
- access USB storage filesystem
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Storage
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete the contents of your USB storage

Microphone
- record audio

Wi-Fi connection information
- view Wi-Fi connections

Device ID & call information
- read phone status and identity

tp222

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tp222
outz wrote:it's in the 3rd line of the feature section:

8 way adjustable LED

Woops. Should have looked again after waking up.

thx

toddhuber0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddhuber0
vatorman wrote:Amazon had it for $29.01 with free 2 day shipping. Guess which one I bought ?

What that for 15meters as well?

ChiefEngr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChiefEngr

Does anyone know how long the scope is? I see that it supports 15m communication range, but I haven't found how long the probe itself is.

Thanks!

bitserve

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bitserve

This is not an endoscope. This is a borescope. Please do not put this in your body.

I have a similar Chinese borescope and it's not horrible. There are a large of number apps on the google play store that it works with.

Coogles

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Coogles
ChiefEngr wrote:Does anyone know how long the scope is? I see that it supports 15m communication range, but I haven't found how long the probe itself is.

Thanks!

The cable is 3.5 meters.

boilermaker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boilermaker
bitserve wrote:
I have a similar Chinese borescope and it's not horrible.

That's like saying McDonald's isn't horrible

Wooter516357723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter516357723

Does this item work with IPhones?

donver12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donver12

The cord looks long enough to check your teeth from the backside during a colonoscopy.

ThunderThighs

Staff

TopStarStores wrote:Does this include the "carrying case" as per the Amazon listing?
[/i]

Ours does not come with a case.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

ralph.parsons@gmail.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralph.parsons@gmail.com

I also bought the last one they had for sale here on woot (slightly different model, same manufacturer). I could not get it to work at all. Tried three different apps on three different Android devices. One at least got the light to come on, that was it. No picture. They really should include lube with purchase.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooter516357723 wrote:Does this item work with IPhones?

Yes, via Wi-Fi.

mrose5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrose5
ThunderThighs wrote:Under 2.5 hours for a colonoscopy mention. Not bad.

Sell the same "crap" get the same response...

jurrien74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jurrien74

I think it's a misprint. I think it is supposed to be a 1600x1200 HD resolution, and they just call it 1200p. At least, that's what I'm seeing on similar models on Amazon........

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi

So do you still have to go on a clear liquid diet for two days before using this endoscope?

ChiefEngr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChiefEngr
Coogles wrote:The cable is 3.5 meters.

Thanks. Silly me, I went to the "Specs" tab to find it, but now I see it is on the "Features" tab. Please tell me that it was only recently added to that page and that the coffee is still working for me.

I'd hate to find out that my 'go-to' medicine is longer doing its job. I mean, they call it "drip coffee" because you take it intravenously, right?

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090

Finally a way to rescue those poor lost Gerbils.