Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

​Once upon a time there was a site called Sellout. It featured end-of-life products and final closeout deals on junk that we couldn't get right rid of. Then, one day, a site called Flash Deals appeared, which featured end-of-life products and final closeout deals on junk that we couldn't get rid of--

HEY WAIT A MINUTE, THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME PAGE!

You pick up quick. So, why would we have two pages that do the same thing? Oh, and on a related note, what do the terms "Sellout" and "Flash Deals" even MEAN?

These are good questions! And we think we've got the answer. We're combining two randomly-named pages that basically offer the same thing into a single page with a name that people actually understand:

CLEARANCE

Yes, a bold move, we know, but we think it's a better solution. We even sent a survey to select Wooters and asked them what they would call such a page. The overwhelming answer was "Clearance," with"Closeout" in second place, and "Uncle Wooty's Last-Chance Junk Bin and Soda Shoppe" a distant third.

Also, we're testing two different layouts of the page, so don't freak out if it looks different one day from the next. So please check out the new Clearance page, and let us know if you have any issues in the thread below.

Cheers,
Uncle Wooty

peaceetc

quality posts: 75 Private Messages peaceetc

Okay, two things:

1. I would have voted for "Uncle Wooty's Last-Chance Junk Bin and Soda Shoppe" if I'd been asked.

2. I read 'Clearance' as 'Cleavage' when I saw it on the top menu bar. I'm somewhat disappointed it's not a bra extravaganza.

Anyway, sounds good other than that.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

peaceetc wrote:Okay, two things:

1. I would have voted for "Uncle Wooty's Last-Chance Junk Bin and Soda Shoppe" if I'd been asked.

2. I read 'Clearance' as 'Cleavage' when I saw it on the top menu bar. I'm somewhat disappointed it's not a bra extravaganza.

Anyway, sounds good other than that.

Cleavage.woot.com
Good next site

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

aardwolf64

quality posts: 58 Private Messages aardwolf64
ThunderThighs wrote:Cleavage.woot.com
Good next site

I went there, and Woot wished me a happy mother's day. Pass. ;-)

x30

edschemb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edschemb

Staff

"All Hail the New Clearance Page!"

More Slippy shenanigans: https://twitter.com/schembor

bsmith1

quality posts: 156 Private Messages bsmith1

Clearance page still shows "Shop all deals in Sellout" link halfway down. Will this link eventually change to remove "sellout"?
https://www.woot.com/category/sellout/all
How else can I see all deals flagged "clearance"?

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114
ThunderThighs wrote:Cleavage.woot.com
Good next site

If we vote on that I'm voting for "Uncle Wooty's Hooter Hanger Hangout and Soda Shop"

vega2010

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vega2010

I liked Sellout better if you ask me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lordbowen

quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

And he also answered your poll question.

bsmith1

quality posts: 156 Private Messages bsmith1

Needs to auto play the hypno toad sound on that tab.

SylvreKat

quality posts: 45 Private Messages SylvreKat

I will say that I do prefer the all-on-one-screen format over the old Flash's multi-page. But it would be nice to put a Sold out! banner on sold out items.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

modi123

quality posts: 22 Private Messages modi123

Obligatory.. Ugh?! Really?????????????!!?? This is it.. woot is officially d3@d to me. It was better 17 years ago when it was only one item - be it launch or otherwise - and that's it. Back when Bandolier on Chewie were better, bots were a dream, and before @ssMazon bought them up.

Juuuuuuuuuuuust kidd'n.. keep being awesome!

Betta koix16(2017)

ThunderThighs

Staff

SylvreKat wrote:I will say that I do prefer the all-on-one-screen format over the old Flash's multi-page. But it would be nice to put a Sold out! banner on sold out items.

>'Kat

Good catch. They should be shown as sold out or not shown at all. I'll pass this on.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dragan2u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragan2u

Simply Simplified. Love it.

kathleen1966

quality posts: 37 Private Messages kathleen1966

geezum I've been so sick and away from everything I missed a ton of shenanigans!

#LoVE

peaceetc

kathleen1966 wrote:geezum I've been so sick and away from everything I missed a ton of shenanigans!

I'm sorry you've been ill, Kathleen. I'm always rooting for you to get better.

naujcdl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naujcdl

It’s about time and I approve this!!!!

Wooter898921645

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter898921645

This is awesome! Makes it so much easier and clearer as well!

GurkhaWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GurkhaWoot

This is a awesome...all in one...Woot Woot...

peaceetc

pepper114 wrote:If we vote on that I'm voting for "Uncle Wooty's Hooter Hanger Hangout and Soda Shop"

I forgot to say I approve of this name.

SylvreKat

ThunderThighs wrote:Good catch. They should be shown as sold out or not shown at all. I'll pass this on.

WAG! I caught something!!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

pepper114 wrote:If we vote on that I'm voting for "Uncle Wooty's Hooter Hanger Hangout and Soda Shop"

peaceetc wrote:I forgot to say I approve of this name.

As do I, with perhaps a slight modification to

Uncle Wooty's Hootys-Hangy Hangout and Soda Shoppe

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

peaceetc

SylvreKat wrote:WAG! I caught something!!

>'Kat

I think there's a cream for that.

SylvreKat

kathleen1966 wrote:geezum I've been so sick and away from everything I missed a ton of shenanigans!

I would say that I missed you, Another Kat, but last month got insanely busy for me almost right after that woot!off. I pretty much was offline except for emails and one site that takes almost none of my time. So it was really a good thing Mums didn't Snag a Bag 'cause I might've been a no-show for posting it.

I do hope you're all recovered by now, and ready to shenan some gans!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

SylvreKat

peaceetc wrote:I think there's a cream for that.

Here I was all happy. And you had to go shmear all over it.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

peaceetc

SylvreKat wrote:Here I was all happy. And you had to go shmear all over it.

>'Kat

I'm just saying cream is soothing and can make that happiness that much happier.

SylvreKat

peaceetc wrote:I'm just saying cream is soothing and can make that happiness that much happier.

Wait a minute. Are you talking Irish cream?

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

peaceetc

SylvreKat wrote:Wait a minute. Are you talking Irish cream?

>'Kat

I am now.

SylvreKat

peaceetc wrote:I am now.

I wonder if this is one of the fastest hijacks of a woot! thread?

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

TheRiverz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRiverz

Absolutely NOT just a giant thumbnail grid.
And most importantly whatever you do on any page with a new category or a list of items in the app - ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS
DEFAULT TO NEWEST
That's make newest items and categories the first thing we see ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS.
I don't need woot suggestions or highest percent off or most popular for things I've already looked at every time I've visited and dismissed already.
WHAT'S THE THING THAT WAS JUST ADDED IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

SylvreKat wrote:I wonder if this is one of the fastest hijacks of a woot! thread?

>'Kat

A Woot thread go off topic?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

SylvreKat

Narfcake wrote:A Woot thread go off topic?

*snert*

As for Riverz's suggestions, I agree that posting the newest-added items at the top would be most appreciated by your customers. Yeah, I really don't want to wallow through bunches of images I've already wallowed through, hoping to notice the new items that were added. And having them reload in a random order is just irritating.

Btb, as of last night there was still at least one item Sold Out and still listed.

>'Kat, not amazed we went off-topic, just amazed at the speed with which we accomplished it

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

AnniKat

quality posts: 20 Private Messages AnniKat
SylvreKat wrote:*snert*

As for Riverz's suggestions, I agree that posting the newest-added items at the top would be most appreciated by your customers. Yeah, I really don't want to wallow through bunches of images I've already wallowed through, hoping to notice the new items that were added. And having them reload in a random order is just irritating.

Btb, as of last night there was still at least one item Sold Out and still listed.

>'Kat, not amazed we went off-topic, just amazed at the speed with which we accomplished it

S'Kat,

That's what us Kats do!!

/\~/\- ))
>'x'< (( AnniKat
/ - \ _))

x24

qazxswe

quality posts: 19 Private Messages qazxswe
Narfcake wrote:A Woot thread go off topic?

As long as I don't post, thread hijackings have a slightly lower chance of happening.

There is what to learn from the potato.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Clarence? Who is that?

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114
daveinwarshington wrote:Clarence? Who is that?

My mom's cat. He's crosseyed.

SylvreKat

pepper114 wrote:My mom's cat. He's crosseyed.

Your mom's cat is a lion? I'm impressed.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

ThunderThighs

Staff

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 49 Private Messages bestsportnascar
ThunderThighs wrote:

I'm sure there is a book about Goldfish in the Pepperidge farm factory.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

modi123

quality posts: 22 Private Messages modi123
SylvreKat wrote:Your mom's cat is a lion? I'm impressed.

>'Kat

A crossed-eyed lion cat named Clarence in Clearance?

Betta koix16(2017)