Top 17% of Woot.com Woots
Top 7% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 4% of Woot.com Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

pupyluvr

quality posts: 62 Private Messages pupyluvr

I have only used mine for a brief time but it's big and if you use Clear Type in Windows the text is nice.

xAffliction

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xAffliction

I like mine pretty well, considering price.

If you haven't used a large-format monitor before, know that the pixel pitch on 1080 is noticeable at desk-length (less than 2-3 ft) viewing at this size.

glawas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glawas

I bought one from here a few weeks back. It is important to note that this monitor does not have a DVI port. I didn't pay much attention to that when purchasing. I kind of took for granted that all monitors had all the standard ports. All the same, this monitor only has VGA and HDMI.

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 7 Private Messages AutobahnSHO
glawas wrote: It is important to note that this monitor does not have a DVI port. .

Good looking out!!

You can get DVI to HDMI cables for not much on Woot's daddy site.

spacely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spacely

Am I correct in assuming, based on the photos, that the viewing height in not adjustable, only the viewing angle? It can be tilted up and down, but not slid up and down?

Nechushtan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nechushtan

Anyone know if this can be used as a TV, ie connected to a cable box or Tivo?

waynetan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waynetan
Nechushtan wrote:Anyone know if this can be used as a TV, ie connected to a cable box or Tivo?

Yes, you can! Using HDMI cable.

waynetan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waynetan
spacely wrote:Am I correct in assuming, based on the photos, that the viewing height in not adjustable, only the viewing angle? It can be tilted up and down, but not slid up and down?

yes, you cant adjust the height. only about 5-8 degree forward and backward.

spacely

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spacely
waynetan wrote:Anyone know if this can be used as a TV, ie connected to a cable box or Tivo?

Yes and no. Picture but no sound. No speakers. You'd need a soundbar or something coming off your cable box.

Nechushtan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nechushtan
spacely wrote:Yes and no. Picture but no sound. No speakers. You'd need a soundbar or something coming off your cable box.

Yea, I plan to run audio through a receiver (I refuse to use any TV's built in sound...), I just wasn't sure if whatever required handshaking for TV is supported by this monitor.

jasonwilk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonwilk

Anybody see a refresh rate anywhere?

x2
Bucket of Candycorn: Oct 12, 2011; Santa's Sack of Crap: Dec 25, 2011; Basket of Cranberries: Jan 19, 2012 order denied avoiding any disappointment; HOHOHO Crapv3nt: Dec 25, 2017

jasonwilk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonwilk
jasonwilk wrote:Anybody see a refresh rate anywhere?

Best I can tell it's between 50 and 60 Hz... meh

x2
Bucket of Candycorn: Oct 12, 2011; Santa's Sack of Crap: Dec 25, 2011; Basket of Cranberries: Jan 19, 2012 order denied avoiding any disappointment; HOHOHO Crapv3nt: Dec 25, 2017

joelgaryberman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joelgaryberman

I bought two of these for my office last month, they are clear, economical, and text is fine with Clear Type. Less customization and features than more expensive flat screens, but enough to keep the minions happy.

shodan30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shodan30
waynetan wrote:Yes, you can! Using HDMI cable.

Just keep in mind that it does not have speakers. You will have to finagle your way to get sound, which can be a pain in the ass since you are assumedly using your HDMI to connect to the Monitor, then have to hope you have another output to split off the sound.

fuzzbox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuzzbox

A 31-inch monitor with 1080 lines of resolution? Might as well be offering a Tube TV. At that size, you need at minimum 1920x1200, if not 2560x1440 or more.

Your cell phone is likely to have 1920x1080 resolution.

araczynski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages araczynski
fuzzbox wrote:A 31-inch monitor with 1080 lines of resolution? Might as well be offering a Tube TV. At that size, you need at minimum 1920x1200, if not 2560x1440 or more.

Your cell phone is likely to have 1920x1080 resolution.

This isn't meant to be the main monitor, its typically a side monitor dedicated to dumber tasks (i.e. not pcmr gaming) that you can keep a good distance away from your face and still be perfectly readable.

...and for people with vision problems I guess.... and a console gaming monitor in a pinch

TRossi85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRossi85
jasonwilk wrote:Anybody see a refresh rate anywhere?

On the Dell website, it says 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz

http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-32-monitor-d3218hn/apd/210-anej/monitors-flat-screen-lcd-computer-displays#polaris-pd

Hope that helps

davidnordyke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidnordyke

Anyone have any issues with it being "glossy?"

slambram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slambram
fuzzbox wrote:A 31-inch monitor with 1080 lines of resolution? Might as well be offering a Tube TV. At that size, you need at minimum 1920x1200, if not 2560x1440 or more.

The difference between 1080 and 1200 - even at this size, is nil.

Kicoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kicoman

They make great digital signage units!

Affordable and easy

idontkn1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages idontkn1
Kicoman wrote:They make great digital signage units!

Affordable and easy

Thank you, it amazes me how snarky the hi res snobs get on this website. There are uses for monitors outside of high end gaming or professional image editing. We have a couple of monitors very similar to these at work that are used for informational/sign in boards that are perfect for the job. We paid close to a hundred bucks more for ours about 6 months ago. With a little finagling this would work well in a dorm/small apartment environment as a jack of all trades master of none unit.

sremick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sremick

Crap resolution for a monitor this size. Should be 1440 lines at LEAST, preferably more.

We have users who complain about the graininess and fuzzy text w/ 24" monitors they've gone rogue and ordered for themselves w/ only 1920x1080 resolution. 1200 lines is more suitable for 24" which is what we order.

19" monitors are 1080p.... all you're doing is magnifying things and making the pixels and blockiness worse.

uni317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uni317

I've been using this for several weeks and I love it. It replaced a dual monitor set up in my lab. I do data analysis and write papers and it's perfect for my needs and for a great price.

Wooter578271797

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter578271797

Does this have a speaker built in?

MuyEscandalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MuyEscandalo

The term "Full HD" needs to die. I have a Cinema Display from around 2004 with a higher resolution than this.
$150 is a great deal for this monitor but the marketing BS with monitors is what brings us "HD" notebooks with 1366*768 displays.

philipnew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipnew

Might work well with rapberry pi for something. Maybe a magic mirror?

slambram

sremick wrote:Crap resolution for a monitor this size. Should be 1440 lines at LEAST, preferably more.

We have users who complain about the graininess and fuzzy text w/ 24" monitors they've gone rogue and ordered for themselves w/ only 1920x1080 resolution. 1200 lines is more suitable for 24" which is what we order.

19" monitors are 1080p.... all you're doing is magnifying things and making the pixels and blockiness worse.

Thank you for your explanation. :-)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1034 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slambram wrote:FFS, before launching into yet another dissertation on screen resolution vs. size, at least glance at the prior comments.

Better yet, just assume we know what we're buying, and you don't know what it's being used for.

(Except for Today)
** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

slambram

ThunderThighs wrote:

Sorry, forgot where I was. :-) Fixed.

jlsenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsenn
slambram wrote:Sorry, forgot where I was. :-) Fixed.

Well played! LOL

Wooter616675800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter616675800

This seems like a great deal! Cant wait to see what the hubby thinks about it!

kennyboy020

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kennyboy020
sremick wrote:Crap resolution for a monitor this size. Should be 1440 lines at LEAST, preferably more.

Bought one of these a few weeks ago. It's a great monitor. Text is crystal clear and easy to read. Color is good and seems fairly accurate. Keep in mind you'll need to use HDMI to get a nice, clear image. VGA on any screen will be blurry. These doubly so.

It's funny how just a few years ago a 31" 1080 monitor would be the bees knees, now it's considered garbage by some people.

MuyEscandalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MuyEscandalo
kennyboy020 wrote:Bought one of these a few weeks ago. It's a great monitor. Text is crystal clear and easy to read. Color is good and seems fairly accurate. Keep in mind you'll need to use HDMI to get a nice, clear image. VGA on any screen will be blurry. These doubly so.

It's funny how just a few years ago a 31" 1080 monitor would be the bees knees, now it's considered garbage by some people.

That's not true, A Samsung Galaxy S4 released in 2013 had the same resolution and a 30" Dell in 2006 produced 2560x1600. 1080 isn't anything to be excited about on a 30" display.