Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you deleted your Facebook account?
  • 18.4% - Yes 92
  • 14.6% - Not yet, but I'm going to 73
  • 44.9% - No, and I don't plan on it 224
  • 22% - I've never had a Facebook 110
499 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

theotheborg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theotheborg

I'm honestly quite surprised that 18% have never had FB. I wonder how the age demographics break down on that.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

I was on that thing for like 6 months several years ago. Most of my "friends" were guys I was in the Navy with, neighbors, and EX Girlfriends. I decided that i liked all those people, but didn't need to know all the details of their lives, nor did I think they wanted the same from me. Add to that how some employers want to see your Facebook and I knew it was time to leave.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

Yes, two of them. I still have the "main" one, but I keep very little personal information on it. They still want me to tell them where I work. HA!!! That'll be the day.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

I dropped off for 6 weeks recently just to take a break from all the drama. Didn't really miss it that much so I hardly go on it now (compared to WAY too much before the break). I mainly go on it to see what the family is up to...

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

No, it is literally reconnected me to friends from around the world that I would never know what happened to them. We lost contact and couldn't find each other. Now we talk all the time. It is nice to be able to see their lives and connect with them again.

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

Been FB free for close to a year now. Doing great and feeling great!

fakesanta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fakesanta

Stopped playing on there when the 2016 election got too annoying. Now I go on maybe once a month if an event I want to go to has all their details on there. That's about it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I think I still have one...
I used to visit it every Christmas time.

trancepsychosis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trancepsychosis

Yes, I deleted mine several years ago and have no desire to rejoin. It caused too much drama with family and relationships. When I'd ask friends if they wanted to hang out they'd say lets just hang on Facebook (wanted to GTFO of the house). So glad I got out before employers used it as a spying tool!

peaceetc

quality posts: 75 Private Messages peaceetc

I'm mostly homebound due to health issues so I use Facebook to keep in touch with the outside world. I'm an amateur photographer so I share photos sometimes and I stay away from stupid drama.

I mostly just keep Facebook open in a tab and scroll through when I have time. It's allowed me to meet people from all over the world I would never have had the chance to encounter otherwise.

Instagram and Twitter don't hold any appeal for me, so I use Facebook. I do try to limit the amount of personal data they have access to, though.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes

Never had it. A former co-worker kept it open while working & would reply to any new posts her "friends" and family made.
She got very busy one day with something important for work & didn't promptly comment on something a "friend" had just posted. That friend & others took offense & started all sorts of drama over it.
My co-worker told them that she was at work & couldn't be at their beck & call for every little post. She was fed-up with their petty bickering.
So she stopped replying to them during work hours.
After she told me the story I was totally put off of Facebook & vowed to never join.
My husband has a page that his daughter made for him (without his permission) so he could see all the pictures she posts of the grandsons. She made him "friends" with everyone in their extended family & quite a few people he has no idea who they are. He has blocked a bunch of them. He doesn't care for all the immaturity & drama that people thrive on there...especially the older adults. I did include a couple of my friends & siblings so he could tell me if there was anything I should know. But I only get on his Facebook page to check them out about once a year. He gets too much trivial stuff from the others that should never be posted, or vacation posts while people are out of town. Those should be posted AFTER you return because it is just an invitation to burglars if you post that sort of info in real time. (something a friend of mine learned the hard way-now she waits to post pictures until they are back home)
Enough about Facebook...It pisses me off to no end and I don't even have an account with them!!!

willsgcx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willsgcx

Never used Facebook or any other social media.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

Facebook is what would happen to me in college.
I'd either be hungover or too sleepy to to read the textbooks!
Thus - Face in Book!

Short answer - Never considered it.

Ah, the hell with it.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

I'm a conscientious objector. I don't care what you're doing, I don't want you to know what I'm doing, and you kids better get off my lawn.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.