Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Because you can:

• See all the daily deals in one single feed
  • Take the poll without having to sign in
  • Read the monkey chat without having to read through the Daily Digest (although please don't unsubscribe from that email, our email guy will kill me)
  • Score killer appsclusive deals you can't get on the main site -- ESPECIALLY ON WEEKENDS. MOAR KEWL STUF 4 WKNDS BRUH
  • Get push notifications when Woot-offs start
  • Get push notifications when there are app-only Bags of Crap (LIKE ON WEEKENDS)
  • Get sound financial advice**

Get it here:

**Not true

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1

Make me.

Seriously though, your website works just fine on my mobile device. (when I view it in desktop mode)

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

No app for the roughly 0% of Windows Phone users.

(Also no direct forum access on the app, so I have to use a browser anyway.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

peaceetc

quality posts: 74 Private Messages peaceetc

I have the app but it never tells me about bags of crap even though I have it set to do so. It notifies me of other stuff, just not that stuff. Darn thing.

If it matters, I have a Google Pixel 2, Android 8.1.0 with the May security update, and I'm using the beta version of the app for some reason.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

pepper114

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepper114

I have the app, but it's a pain. Community doesn't work. You can't see the full shirt catalogue and you can't sort the listings by price or anything else. So yeah. Get the app, just lower your expectations.

lordbowen

quality posts: 848 Private Messages lordbowen

The last app update made it incompatible with my phone. Poop.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Got the app on my phone.
It works, but I can't figure how to get to the forums...
Also, the phone screen is too darned small for me to stare at for any length of time.

aaee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aaee
peaceetc wrote:I have the app but it never tells me about bags of crap even though I have it set to do so. It notifies me of other stuff, just not that stuff. Darn thing.

If it matters, I have a Google Pixel 2, Android 8.1.0 with the May security update, and I'm using the beta version of the app for some reason.

Its never worked for me or my dad either - and he has a zillion phones of all different types

marvelljones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelljones

To see Monkey Chat without having to look at your email. Maybe for Appsclusives, but they seem to be so random that it hasn't been worth it lately. At the time I write this, the Appsclusive is Sports Research Premium Collagen Peptides 16 oz bottle for 19.99. Not exactly blowing up Slickdeals and other "there's a deal over there" websites with that one.

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1
marvelljones wrote:To see Monkey Chat without having to look at your email. Maybe for Appsclusives, but they seem to be so random that it hasn't been worth it lately. At the time I write this, the Appsclusive is Sports Research Premium Collagen Peptides 16 oz bottle for 19.99. Not exactly blowing up Slickdeals and other "there's a deal over there" websites with that one.

Monkey chat here:

https://www.woot.com/email/dailydigest.html

bositrim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bositrim

I had the App but deleted it because it kept costing me Bundles of Calcium. If I saw a Batch of Cookies on the web page or Twitter it would always want to complete the purchase in the App. By the time the App loaded and I re-logged in I would have missed the sale. I had to delete it in order to feed my unhealthy obsession.

Also, I didn't like the layout, and that whole forum thing that everybody else is mentioning.

x12

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

The app was much better before the last major update. Now it lumps everything in each of the major categories together, really cumbersome to scroll through everything to find what you might be interested in. I greatly prefer the website.

momojiri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momojiri

It has never worked for me when a KusoBag pops up. I find myself signed out everytime I try to use it. Basically - useless.

panegyric

quality posts: 38 Private Messages panegyric

because it freezes when there's crap and you sit in your car in the vestibule of patience for 45 minutes hoping against hope... for nothing :sobs:::

garrettwheat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages garrettwheat

I actually like checking the app for a quick view of all of Today's deals. However, I have a few suggestions.

- The "featured" tab should:
1) List items in order, similar to the site (Woot deal first, followed by H&K, Electronics, Computers, etc...
2) Have a visible way to see where the item is located in relation to the site. For example, in the app today, the Flashlights are listed first, but I have no way of knowing those fall under "Sports and Outdoors"

- There's no way to easily access the "Woot Plus" sections of the site

- A mobile friendly forum would be great

- While we're talking about the forum, notifications! Please! I sometimes don't post out of fear of not being able to respond if there's any follow up. Like this post for example. If these were such great ideas that TT wanted to send me a Bear or Cat? - I'd probably miss out!

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

"Read the monkey chat without having to read through the Daily Digest"

Now I might actually get the app.
The chat is there but no monkeys when I look at the Daily Digest email on my phone.

therealjrn

quality posts: 84 Private Messages therealjrn

So I can tell when 5:00 P.M. is every damn day.

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe
therealjrn wrote:So I can tell when 5:00 P.M. is every damn day.

Well, you can also tell when it is 3:15 PM.

There is what to learn from the potato.

therealjrn

qazxswe wrote:Well, you can also tell when it is 3:15 PM.

Does it go off at 3:15? I think mine just goes off at 5:00.

qazxswe

quality posts: 18 Private Messages qazxswe
therealjrn wrote:Does it go off at 3:15? I think mine just goes off at 5:00.

There is what to learn from the potato.

therealjrn

qazxswe wrote:...

???

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

therealjrn wrote:???

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

garrettwheat wrote:I actually like checking the app for a quick view of all of Today's deals. However, I have a few suggestions.

- The "featured" tab should:
1) List items in order, similar to the site (Woot deal first, followed by H&K, Electronics, Computers, etc...
2) Have a visible way to see where the item is located in relation to the site. For example, in the app today, the Flashlights are listed first, but I have no way of knowing those fall under "Sports and Outdoors"

- There's no way to easily access the "Woot Plus" sections of the site

- A mobile friendly forum would be great

- While we're talking about the forum, notifications! Please! I sometimes don't post out of fear of not being able to respond if there's any follow up. Like this post for example. If these were such great ideas that TT wanted to send me a Bear or Cat? - I'd probably miss out!

Thanks for the feedback! I passed it on to the ALL the appropriate people.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

garrettwheat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages garrettwheat
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I passed it on to the ALL the appropriate people.

I found you! 5 days later...

Thanks for passing it along. I look forward to a potential update! Please feel free to private message me or email if you/they have further questions or would like me to check out the progress. I would be interested in Beta testing an app available. I'm Beta testing iOS 12 too, if that helps.

dhildebrand

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhildebrand
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I passed it on to the ALL the appropriate people.

Really ThunderThighs? You choose the only comment on the blog to send to the "appropriate people" that even seems positive, but discount all the others that range from mildly to overwhelmingly negative? In the app store for iPhones users, this app has 39 reviews and 2 stars. Until if gets MUCH better, count me out for the app. Always have loved WOOT though

SylvreKat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages SylvreKat
dhildebrand wrote:Really ThunderThighs? You choose the only comment on the blog to send to the "appropriate people"...

Probably because it was the only comment to offer actual suggestions for improvement. I'm sure she's hoping the "appropriate people" can take some of those suggestions and run with them, to better the app's performance.

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

SylvreKat wrote:Probably because it was the only comment to offer actual suggestions for improvement. I'm sure she's hoping the "appropriate people" can take some of those suggestions and run with them, to better the app's performance.

>'Kat

Can confirm. Appropriate people (and a few inappropriate people - I can't help it, my sense of humor stopped progressing when I turned 11) have been informed and SPOILER ALERT we are going to be putting increased effort into our app experience over the next year. Expect to see some early improvements in the next couple of months.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar