5 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 17% of Woot.com Woots
Top 7% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 4% of Woot.com Woots
Top 2% of all Woots

Quality Posts

• (5:52 AM, 5/13/2018) [Staff] AJsarrett lowers the price!!!

bigfrank

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bigfrank

Cheaper buying on Amazon from 3rd party sellers, Oh did I mention I have a couple of these up and am the cheapest

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach

Really pushing these lately. I got mine from Sam's foot $50. It's amateur hour cooking for sure.

outer78

quality posts: 15 Private Messages outer78

not to mention BestBuy has it for $69.99. Use chase freedom + paypal/samsung pay and get another 5% back.

For those that pay shipping, this seems like a no deal

AJsarrett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AJsarrett

Staff

outer78 wrote:not to mention BestBuy has it for $69.99. Use chase freedom + paypal/samsung pay and get another 5% back.

For those that pay shipping, this seems like a no deal

Good eye! We dropped our price $8. If you purchased earlier this morning, the price difference will be refunded shortly.

Nickyboker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickyboker

Mmmmmm Sous! Lol! I lose my appetite over the name.

Jon651

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Jon651
Nickyboker wrote:Mmmmmm Sous! Lol! I lose my appetite over the name.

If you think the name Sous Vide is bad then you must really hate Deep Fat Frying!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
bigfrank wrote:Cheaper buying on Amazon from 3rd party sellers, Oh did I mention I have a couple of these up and am the cheapest

....did your cooker just blow up?

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
ls3mach wrote:Really pushing these lately. I got mine from Sam's foot $50. It's amateur hour cooking for sure.

Sam's foot? Hope you washed it.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

pwain98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwain98
AJsarrett wrote:Good eye! We dropped our price $8. If you purchased earlier this morning, the price difference will be refunded shortly.

Since Woot Customer Service would not reply to four emails about the flashlights that were broken out of the box, only a fool would buy again from a place who sells broken items then ignores the Customer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pwain98 wrote:Since Woot Customer Service would not reply to four emails about the flashlights that were broken out of the box, only a fool would buy again from a place who sells broken items then ignores the Customer.

Hi there. I just looked in the customer service system and the last contact showing is from May 2017.

Could you please try again and make sure you use the support form:

Woot Customer Service form

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

EricPost

quality posts: 5 Private Messages EricPost

Am I reading the chart wrong or did it say 1hr minimum to make poached eggs?

pwain98

ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. I just looked in the customer service system and the last contact showing is from May 2017.

Did that form four times. The last was saying the website does not have 'the product shipped was defective. Will do it again.

pwain98

pwain98 wrote:Did that form four times. The last was saying the website does not have 'the product shipped was defective. Will do it again.

This email was sent using the Email Customer Service. Get the usual response someone will contact me within 24 hours.

I bought two of the two packs of Army Tactical Gear flashlights. Three worked, one did not. Right out of the box the light did not work. This is not the fifth email sent on this product.

pwain98

ThunderThighs wrote:Hi there. I just looked in the customer service system and the last contact showing is from May 2017.

Just did this again. Here is a copy of what was written Sunday morning.
I bought two of the two packs of Army Tactical Gear flashlights. Three worked, one did not. Right out of the box the light did not work. This is not the fifth email sent on this product.

dongurian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dongurian

Says Free shipping for Prime members but is showing $5.00 charge!!!

scottyinco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottyinco

This is a good product. I have this one and love it.

outer78

quality posts: 15 Private Messages outer78
dongurian wrote:Says Free shipping for Prime members but is showing $5.00 charge!!!

Log out, then log in by hitting the giant "log in with amazon" button....also assuming you have prime?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pwain98 wrote:Did that form four times. The last was saying the website does not have 'the product shipped was defective. Will do it again.

Try emailing support@woot.com from the email address on your woot account. It will slow things down if you use a different email address sorry for the delays.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pupyluvr

quality posts: 64 Private Messages pupyluvr

TT... I know I'm slightly off subject (left field) but where do you get the glass stock pot with metal handles like in the main photo... besides photoshop?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 64 Private Messages pupyluvr
radi0j0hn wrote:Sam's foot? Hope you washed it.

Sam's Foot is highly contagious... it can lead to the purchasing of large unnecessary items like gallon jugs of Ranch Dressing

D.M.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D.M.
pupyluvr wrote:TT... I know I'm slightly off subject (left field) but where do you get the glass stock pot with metal handles like in the main photo... besides photoshop?

$300 on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Knindustrie-KnIndustrie-Glass-Pot/dp/B00LOGK9TQ

cyberooster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberooster
scottyinco wrote:This is a good product. I have this one and love it.

Could one of these circulate the water fast enough to keep tea leaves from settling in a two gallon pot. I want to use one to make herbal tea without stirring.

cole103

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cole103

I bought one of these 4 months ago and love it! I have been grilling for over 50 years and bought this to fool around with, but the 1st try I made with it was the best steak I've ever cooked IMO.
Salt, pepper and garlic on a sirloin, drop it into a qt baggie, into the 140F sous vide bath for 1.5hr (1-8hrs is ok), 1 min each side on a hot cast iron pan = perfect Medium Sirloin. I may try finishing on open fire, but the sous vide is the ONLY way I'll do steaks from now on.
Temperature control, timer, this thing holds all your food at temp, then you finish in a couple of minutes? It's like magic.
It's a $60 investment, but think of the $$$ of every steak that gets improved!
Buy it. You will not be sorry!!!

pwain98

ThunderThighs wrote:Try emailing support@woot.com from the email address on your woot account. It will slow things down if you use a different email address sorry for the delays.

Just did sent to this address. Apparently your link is not working.
Thanks for the help today. Hope this can get resolved.

Jon651

EricPost wrote:Am I reading the chart wrong or did it say 1hr minimum to make poached eggs?

I can't speak for poached eggs, but there are a few basics folks need to realize about sous vide cooking.

What sous vide does is cook whatever you want to the exact temp you want it at. It is impossible to overcook or burn something because you set the max temp that the food will ever reach. And best of all it will cook your food to your set temp from edge to edge - regardless of thickness or if it is unevenly cut. The photo of the steak done perfectly pink from edge to edge on the main page is absolutely correct. No more over-done thin edges to get the thick center part the perfect level of medium-rare.

On the flip side, what sous vide is NOT is quick. Think of this as a type of slow-cooker like a crock pot as far as time goes. You can put a piece of meat in and hold it there at the exact temp for 8 hours and it will not overcook, but consider that it will take a minimum of 1-3 hours to get there. The benefit here is that you can hold steaks at your desired level of done-ness for pretty much as long as you want and you won't ruin them if your company is late or dinner is otherwise delayed.

Hope this helps.

dsbyrd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsbyrd
Jon651 wrote:I can't speak for poached eggs, but there are a few basics folks need to realize about sous vide cooking.

What sous vide does is cook whatever you want to the exact temp you want it at. It is impossible to overcook or burn something because you set the max temp that the food will ever reach. And best of all it will cook your food to your set temp from edge to edge - regardless of thickness or if it is unevenly cut. The photo of the steak done perfectly pink from edge to edge on the main page is absolutely correct. No more over-done thin edges to get the thick center part the perfect level of medium-rare.

On the flip side, what sous vide is NOT is quick. Think of this as a type of slow-cooker like a crock pot as far as time goes. You can put a piece of meat in and hold it there at the exact temp for 8 hours and it will not overcook, but consider that it will take a minimum of 1-3 hours to get there. The benefit here is that you can hold steaks at your desired level of done-ness for pretty much as long as you want and you won't ruin them if your company is late or dinner is otherwise delayed.

Hope this helps.

This person gets it. I have an Anova sous vide circulator and I bought a 12 quart commercial Rubbermaid plastic container to use it in. Also bought the lid and used a Dremel tool to make a circular cut in the corner of the lid to accommodate the circulator.

I made creme brulee for Mother's Day and it's foolproof. Perfectly and evenly done from middle to edge after one hour at 181F. I used small Mason jars in the water bath, and it's a fun way to serve it after you torch it.

Sous vide is not for everything but for somethings it's the best method around.

pwain98

ThunderThighs wrote:Try emailing support@woot.com from the email address on your woot account. It will slow things down if you use a different email address sorry for the delays.

Thank you, The Customer Service rep already contacted me. You may want to follow up with why the link does not work. The support@woot.com worked perfectly.

Nickyboker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nickyboker
Jon651 wrote:If you think the name Sous Vide is bad then you must really hate Deep Fat Frying!

Not really I understand each word. Sous just sounds gross

ThunderThighs

Staff

pwain98 wrote:Just did sent to this address. Apparently your link is not working.
Thanks for the help today. Hope this can get resolved.

Tested and it's working. I had to delete the site cookies on FireFox. I'll ask though.

StarChaserTyger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StarChaserTyger
cyberooster wrote:Could one of these circulate the water fast enough to keep tea leaves from settling in a two gallon pot. I want to use one to make herbal tea without stirring.

Might be a little late, but you probably would not want to use one of these to make tea. The water does not contact the food directly, so the gadget only deals with clean water. It would probably get clogged and funky if it filled with tea leaves.

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Chefman Sous Vide Precision Cooker
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, May 14 to Tuesday, May 15) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

wesdapilot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wesdapilot

Is it necessary to have and use a vacuum sealer, or will a simple Zip Lock Freezer bag work?

Zippy The Pinhead

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Zippy The Pinhead
Nickyboker wrote:Not really I understand each word. Sous just sounds gross

You better stay away from good restaurants then - the food is cooked by sous chefs.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Jon651

wesdapilot wrote:Is it necessary to have and use a vacuum sealer, or will a simple Zip Lock Freezer bag work?

Yes, Zip-Lock freezer bags will work provided that you submerge them up to the zipper before sealing. This gets as much of the air out as possible. Using a drinking straw to withdraw air also helps. If you have too much air, your bag and food will float and won't cook evenly. I prefer to use a vacuum sealer because it gets all of the air out quickly and easily - and I can pre-seal stuff and stick it in the freezer to cook later (vac sealers give you a longer freezer life also).

Hope this helps.

JerseyBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JerseyBoy

Why don't you have details about the unit like the power/wattage? That is a significant detail left out.

jro2020

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jro2020

funny story I went to fredmeyer and got the version with 1100w wifi and bluetooth for the same price... and the wifi connection sucks.

bigfrank

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bigfrank

if anyone still is looking for these i have 2 left on Amazon but can offer you a better price if I can invoice you direct

join me in the hot tub at www.bigfrankshottub.com