Woots Sold (rank):
Top 22% of Woot.com Woots
Top 16% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Apple 12" Intel Core M5 512G SSD Macbooks
Price: $999.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days. (Tuesday, May 15 to Wednesday, May 16) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/10/2018 - $999.99
2/28/2018 - $999.99
1/31/2018 - $999.99

4/5/2018 - $999.99 (Woot Plus)

amaiman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amaiman

Just as an FYI, these are the ones that Apple is being sued over the faulty keyboards on: https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/12/apple-keyboard-lawsuit/

That's probably why they're getting rid of these "held for previous warranty swap" laptops. Buying it with no real warranty is a risk since if they keyboard fails the repair will cost nearly as much as the laptop...

jthebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthebird
amaiman wrote:Just as an FYI, these are the ones that Apple is being sued over the faulty keyboards on: https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/12/apple-keyboard-lawsuit/

That's probably why they're getting rid of these "held for previous warranty swap" laptops. Buying it with no real warranty is a risk since if they keyboard fails the repair will cost nearly as much as the laptop...

Thanks, good to know. Guess a square trade protection plan is recommended with this purchase.

dracostheblack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracostheblack

I got an i5 for cheaper than this...not worth it.

bravo6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bravo6

So this is LIKE new.. but not new, right? I've been debating between a macbook or something like a spectre, this is tempting, but I don't like the keyboard issues...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bravo6 wrote:So this is LIKE new.. but not new, right? I've been debating between a macbook or something like a spectre, this is tempting, but I don't like the keyboard issues...

These are NEW. Never used.

These Macbook are NEW in condition, but come with a Woot warranty. This is why we can offer a discount. These were originally intended as warranty replacements, and held by Apple to support their customers. Now we offer them to you!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

bravo6

Ok thanks.. New in condition seems odd way to put it is all

ThunderThighs wrote:These are NEW. Never used.

These Macbook are NEW in condition, but come with a Woot warranty. This is why we can offer a discount. These were originally intended as warranty replacements, and held by Apple to support their customers. Now we offer them to you!

ThunderThighs

Staff

bravo6 wrote:Ok thanks.. New in condition seems odd way to put it is all

Yeah, I give you that. LOL

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

themacguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themacguy
jthebird wrote:Thanks, good to know. Guess a square trade protection plan is recommended with this purchase.

Don't even buy this P-O-S. It's virtually guaranteed to have keyboard problems. You love trouble?

bravo6

That's coming from The Mac Guy? Ok you convinced me, I do not like trouble.

themacguy wrote:Don't even buy this P-O-S. It's virtually guaranteed to have keyboard problems. You love trouble?

harshadn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harshadn

A 90-day warranty for a $1000 laptop is completely non-standard. I would not buy it. You are better off with a Spectre or a Lenovo Yoga (the one with the watch band hinges - dont recall the model.)

bravo6

Thanks for input!

harshadn wrote:A 90-day warranty for a $1000 laptop is completely non-standard. I would not buy it. You are better off with a Spectre or a Lenovo Yoga (the one with the watch band hinges - dont recall the model.)

Paulcraig3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Paulcraig3
themacguy wrote:Don't even buy this P-O-S. It's virtually guaranteed to have keyboard problems. You love trouble?

Thats a bit dramatic. I've had one of these for nearly 3 years and have had zero keyboard issues. Lives in my bag and spends 16 days a month traveling. It's so nice and light.

If you're the type that munches pizza or crackers over the keyboard, then yes this is more susceptible to issues than the old style.

Can you buy AppleCare for these units? This is a good deal, but since these are difficult to repair I purchased it on mine. My main concern is one USB-C port for everything-if it fails the computer is useless.

So if we can buy AppleCare for these, good deal. If not, I'd think twice.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Paulcraig3 wrote:Thats a bit dramatic. I've had one of these for nearly 3 years and have had zero keyboard issues. Lives in my bag and spends 16 days a month traveling. It's so nice and light.

If you're the type that munches pizza or crackers over the keyboard, then yes this is more susceptible to issues than the old style.

Can you buy AppleCare for these units? This is a good deal, but since these are difficult to repair I purchased it on mine. My main concern is one USB-C port for everything-if it fails the computer is useless.

So if we can buy AppleCare for these, good deal. If not, I'd think twice.

Probably can't get Apple care but you can get SquareTrade.

Deathalive86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deathalive86

why would you buy an mac for a thousand dollars when you could get 2 or 3 times the hardware in a pc for the same price.... unless you are doing CAD or some sort of art stuff then there is ZERO reason to spend this much on an inferior product.

jamesmrichardson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesmrichardson

And what happens when Apple decides you need to buy a new computer and sends out the "kill" message in the updates like it did with two previous products?
They are a heartless corporation, putting profits above reliability and integrity and for their previous mercenary actions I avoid them.
Proprietary everything.

Paulcraig3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Paulcraig3
jamesmrichardson wrote:And what happens when Apple decides you need to buy a new computer and sends out the "kill" message in the updates like it did with two previous products?
They are a heartless corporation, putting profits above reliability and integrity and for their previous mercenary actions I avoid them.
Proprietary everything.

Where did you buy your tin foil hat?