Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you been to a Disney theme park?
  • 30.7% - Yes, once 127
  • 51.2% - Yes, many times 212
  • 18.1% - No, never 75
414 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 55 Private Messages digitaljanitor

Disney World 40 years ago. It probably hasn't changed much since then.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

About 10 years old, went to DisneyLand in California. I was disappointed that the submarines were fake - they didn't submerge at all!
It was crowded then, crowded now.
Bah. It's for young people, in heart and mind.

Ah, the hell with it.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Not recently. Too much $$.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

qazxswe

quality posts: 19 Private Messages qazxswe

Ask me if I've ever left the northeastern part of the country...

There is what to learn from the potato.

digitaljanitor

qazxswe wrote:Ask me if I've ever left the northeastern part of the country...

Have you never left the northeastern part of the country??

peaceetc

quality posts: 75 Private Messages peaceetc

I went to Disneyland once when I was 16, which I just realized was 28 years ago. Crap.

I GOT A FRICKING LETTER (November, 2017)

qazxswe

digitaljanitor wrote:Have you never left the northeastern part of the country??

Aside from going to Toronto and Montreal, I have never left the northeastern part of the country.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

Dude, I lived in Orlando. I had two nieces and a nephew. So, yes.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Is 3 considered "many"?

cm20158

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cm20158
peaceetc wrote:I went to Disneyland once when I was 16, which I just realized was 28 years ago. Crap.

I went to DisneyLand when I was 13, that was 52 years. Holy......

SylvreKat

quality posts: 45 Private Messages SylvreKat

Gloat time.

I went to DW in 2004. For free. My store was the #1 store in the entire company, so everyone got to go to DW with a friend. Plus a Disney-themed gift each night in the room. On Sat, we opened the main park, and stayed 'til it closed.

ardubu's right, it IS for anyone young, including of heart/spirit. When I met Stitch (my fave!), screw that there was a person inside a costume THAT WAS STITCH!!!

Most amazing trip I've ever had!

>'Kat

+1 +1+1+4 +3 +1 +2

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

I lost count of how many times I have been to Disney World years ago. I started going in 1972 and have not missed many years in between. I was stationed in Orlando when I was in the Navy and I then went on to be stationed in South Georgia and went every pay day weekend, I actually used the Barber Shop on Main Street USA as my regular barber shop while I lived in Georgia. After the Navy I was in college and did Disney's College Program so I worked there for about six months and continued to return to work holiday weeks for years. My only trip to Disney Land was on my Honeymoon. All totaled I have been to all Twelve Disney parks in the US including the now closed River Country, Discovery Island, Disney Quest, and Pleasure Island.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 63 Private Messages mdrcoast
bblhed wrote:I lost count of how many times I have been to Disney World years ago. I started going in 1972 and have not missed many years in between. I was stationed in Orlando when I was in the Navy and I then went on to be stationed in South Georgia and went every pay day weekend, I actually used the Barber Shop on Main Street USA as my regular barber shop while I lived in Georgia. After the Navy I was in college and did Disney's College Program so I worked there for about six months and continued to return to work holiday weeks for years. My only trip to Disney Land was on my Honeymoon. All totaled I have been to all Twelve Disney parks in the US including the now closed River Country, Discovery Island, Disney Quest, and Pleasure Island.

2 best attractions ever and now closed were Exterrorstial Encounter and the Adventures Club.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I lived in Florida since before Disneyworld opened, took my kids there countless times. My nephew is in management there, so we get in free whenever we want to go (one of his perks - family passes)

browncj7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages browncj7

Going again in October!

krychek67

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krychek67

Disneyworld 3 times...Disneyland like 20 times from age 4 to 15 and again when I was 22. Planning on going back to DW when I can ride all the rides.

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

Disneyland - 2x
(but California Adventure - 1x)
Disney World - too many to count
Tokyo Disney Land/Sea - 2x

we went every 3-4 years when I was a kid, then multiple times before I had kids, then every year for a while when the kids were growing up. going back in Oct. did Disney Cruises 5x, so some years skipped parks for that.

we tried other vacations when my kids were small, but this was the most fun for all of us. we are DVC members, since we go so often and since there are usually 5/6 of us.

I know it isn't for everyone, but we love it. especially at off peak times!

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell
browncj7 wrote:Going again in October!

me too!

Can't wait to get back to the Food & Wine Festival and all the Halloween decorations

netprophet1976

quality posts: 2 Private Messages netprophet1976

I used to work in travelling AV, and went there all the time. One year I stayed at Disney World ten times and never rode a ride.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 100 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Went to Calif. Disneyland a few years after it opened, and many many times after that. When I was old enough, I'd scrounge around for dropped or thrown away ticket books (E Ticket = SCORE!).

Went to Florida Disneyland once.

Eratosthenes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Eratosthenes
digitaljanitor wrote:Disney World 40 years ago. It probably hasn't changed much since then.

You actually might be surprised. I'm only 29 and it's changed pretty significantly multiple times in my memory.

MoeHayNow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoeHayNow
moles1138 wrote:Is 3 considered "many"?

I wondered this, too. That's exactly how many times I've been to a Disney theme park.

MoeHayNow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MoeHayNow
Eratosthenes wrote:You actually might be surprised. I'm only 29 and it's changed pretty significantly multiple times in my memory.

There needs to be a sarcasm font.

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed
mbspell wrote:me too!

Can't wait to get back to the Food & Wine Festival and all the Halloween decorations

August, for Not so Scary and to work on the house.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
moles1138 wrote:Is 3 considered "many"?

Oops. 4.
Yeah. That's many.

Disneyworld
1978 Stayed at the Polynesian Resort. Went to the now defunct Rivercountry.
1992 Honeymoon. Stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.

digitaljanitor

MoeHayNow wrote:There needs to be a sarcasm font.

yeah, I looked but couldn't find it

(btw, is your signature merely a status for you, or is it an advisory warning for others (or both?))

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
digitaljanitor wrote:Disney World 40 years ago. It probably hasn't changed much since then.

My 1st time was about 40 years ago also. Lived in south Florida for a while & went many times. We live up north now but the grandkids live in Florida & go numerous times a year. Once in a while we join them. Disney World has changed and grown so much since my first trip. There are several parks there that I haven't been to yet.

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

Over 25 comments! lets get this party started!!

resipsaloquitur

quality posts: 1 Private Messages resipsaloquitur

OMG, where did the Wine Section go?

cklun

quality posts: 43 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

went to Disney world the year it opened...and a bunch of times since

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

qazxswe

resipsaloquitur wrote:OMG, where did the Wine Section go?

Wine.woot closed at the end of 2017.