Woots Sold (rank):
Top 0% of Woot.com Woots
Top 0% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1]

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Price: $12.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, May 16 to Thursday, May 17) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/24/2016 - $32.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)

3/20/2018 - $24.99 (Woot Plus)
12/14/2016 - $28.95 (Woot Plus)

homeoftheben

quality posts: 1 Private Messages homeoftheben

Seems like a steal-- what am I missing?

glitched79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glitched79

I had a best friend... until she stole this adapter from me. I’ve been silently weeping in the corner for weeks missing it. The stars have aligned with this sale and I will finally have this most cherished adapter back in my suitcase where it belongs.

Perfect for hotel rooms when you want to hook your phone up to the TV and watch Netflix.

no1dean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1dean

Wow!!! The reviews at Apple site are
terrible...I almost bought this, but hassles mentioned at Apple review site make it a no-go unless I want to waste a lot of time trying to get it to work; sorry Woot!

stabnwswd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stabnwswd

I got my son one of these to use with his ipad air 2 on a previous woot. It works fine for video, but the ipad will lag if used to display a game while playing. The ipad air2 must not have the video processing power. Other ipad models may not have this problem

Woody1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Woody1
homeoftheben wrote:Seems like a steal-- what am I missing?

I wish I knew.

I have an iPad Pro provided by work. Personally paid $50 for it in case I had to connect to a projector at a client's place.

Thinking I should get one as a spare for ~$13.

I use my USB-C and Mini DisplayPort adapters all the time when staying at hotels or friends' houses that cut the cord without issues. However the Apple reviews are horrible?

So do I throw more money towards Apple?

900+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't🤔

blake72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blake72

Is there a trick to get the free Prime shipping? I logged in via Amazon and it's still charging the $5.00 for shipping.

CamsDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CamsDad

Terrible reviews? Not sure why. I bought one from Apple at full price and use it every week to show movies to kids at a group home I work at and it has never failed me. Will definitely buy one for a spare.

Mr. B from OKC
AKA CamsDad

futking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages futking
no1dean wrote:Wow!!! The reviews at Apple site are
terrible...I almost bought this, but hassles mentioned at Apple review site make it a no-go unless I want to waste a lot of time trying to get it to work; sorry Woot!

Lol, most (if not all) cables on Apples website have terrible reviews. Their cables have always worked for me and this one should not be any different.

aarond12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarond12

I noticed the negative reviews on Apple's site too... I have NO idea what the problem is. I've used mine with TVs and projectors with no problem.

Bonus FAQ: When using an iPad (4:3 aspect ratio), it shows up in 4:3 on a 16:9 TV... until you play a 16:9 video, then it fills the screen. The image is always kept with the correct aspect ratio.

dianebrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianebrat

This is a great price for one of the most flexible adapters out there, you see all the bad reviews because people don't understand that app developers can choose if they want to support HDMI out or not, a great example is the Adult Swim app, it seems like it would be awesome to throw to the big screen but they have locked out the adapters, this is their prerogative.

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

this OPINION is not based in fact, but an assumption based on what some people's thought process could be. Generally 90% of customers are satisfied with their purchases but will not review, some will review the product at the store they purchase from if they are prompted and are satisfied, but where do you go if you're a non-satisfied customer and your $50 adapter broke? The manufacturer website! in an effort to kill the desire to purchase one at the source for other people, they review the product poorly wherever they can. I'm sure Apple has sold millions of these yet they only have 200(ish) review on their site? Hard to believe that's a good sample size

deanerino1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deanerino1

or what you said... that too! XD

dianebrat wrote:This is a great price for one of the most flexible adapters out there, you see all the bad reviews because people don't understand that app developers can choose if they want to support HDMI out or not, a great example is the Adult Swim app, it seems like it would be awesome to throw to the big screen but they have locked out the adapters, this is their prerogative.

Molsen64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Molsen64
blake72 wrote:Is there a trick to get the free Prime shipping? I logged in via Amazon and it's still charging the $5.00 for shipping.

You have to click on the button that says amazon to log in. I logged in under the button first and it charged me $5.

Checker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Checker

I've used this type of adapter for years and love it! The only issue I've found with it (except the lag when playing games which actually I would expect) is that they are fragile. I had to replace it one time because I dropped it once! So now, I'm much more careful because I didn't want to dish out another $50 each time I drop one!

nabutu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nabutu
blake72 wrote:Is there a trick to get the free Prime shipping? I logged in via Amazon and it's still charging the $5.00 for shipping.

Go to Login and the BIG Button at top that says Login with Amazon. Don't use the Woot username/password auto-filled in.

epinardianguardian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages epinardianguardian

I use this with my "unlimited data" on my tablet and it's my "cable TV"

I miss Time Truck.

lichme

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages lichme

If that was the first time logging in with Amazon, log out then back in again, and/or clear your cache/cookies. That's what worked for a co-worker when he was having issues.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

Wooter893078335

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter893078335
wootstalkerbot wrote:[Preview 1]

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Price: $12.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, May 16 to Thursday, May 17) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/24/2016 - $32.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)

12/14/2016 - $28.95 (Woot Plus)

I was going tobuy one, but I cannot here because they are sold out and that's all the information I get.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wooter893078335 wrote:I was going tobuy one, but I cannot here because they are sold out and that's all the information I get.

Correct. We sold out. Sorry.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

jcgasz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcgasz

You need to sign in with your Amazon account by clicking on the Amazon logo above the place you would sign into your woot account.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. We sold out. Sorry.

Well, perhaps someone stumbled accross more in the warehouse, because as of today, 05/16/18 11:26 am (eastern), it's currently available at the same price on the Woot! Electronics Garage Sale

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

olcubmaster wrote:Well, perhaps someone stumbled accross more in the warehouse, because as of today, 05/16/18 11:26 am (eastern), it's currently available at the same price on the Woot! Electronics Garage Sale

Looks like it's Sold Out as well.